Bills Sign Leonard Floyd

JGMcD2

8 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I think EVERY highlighted play shows Floyd aligned at 9T or even wider. Erik utters the phrase, "wide alignment," repeatedly. 

So obviously that's where Floyd flourishes. Can really use his speed, length, and flexibility. 

The Bills weren't really much of a "wide-9" defensive front under Frazier, right? Love this new weapon.

Not too much wide nine, just when they were in the double A gap mug front.

However, McDermott’s Carolina teams did use more wide nine, which was a staple of mentor Jim Johnson’s defenses with Trent Cole etc. More McDermott defense could mean more wide 9. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think Floyd is really going to be a factor for us even if he only racks up 6 or 7 sacks. He'll draw more attention and at least pressure the QB. I also expect him and Von to peak in January/February and that's most important. I also love the depth on both the offensive and defensive line (except maybe the OT's). If you aren't producing (especially on the DL), there is someone nipping at your heals ready to take your spot on the field. That is as big of a motivator as anything. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

officially signed.

Released RB Isaiah Bowser.

When I think of Floyd, I think of him as an experienced veteran. Then, when I see his picture it reminds of how young all these ‘kids’ really are. Welcome to Buffalo Leonard! 
Go Bills! 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

3 with heavy incentives would be the absolute floor to me and i'd be surprised if it were that low. Poona Ford got 2.25 himself. And you have to keep in mind, even 6m looks low for a high end FA pass rusher. So the agent may not be rushing to leak numbers even at that amount.

Jeremy Fowler reported that Floyd was the most sought after Pass Rusher and many teams were involved with one team beside us "heavily involved". So he had a market. I think in compared to most high end FA Pass Rushers, it will be a bargain. But barely above league minimum would be shocking to me.

EDIT: It just came out that it's a 7m dollar deal worth up to 9. That's about what I expected. And probably uses up anything we saved on an Oliver extension.

Couldn't we have added 3 void years to spread the cap hit much lower? 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

The ecstasy of winning the SB trumps everything. I will take years of poor seasons for that one SB win. It's not even close.  

My complaining about the poor seasons ahead means nothing. Of course we will complain and that includes you. 

This franchise has never won a SB. The fan base has been salivating for that Lombardi. People have waited a lifetime and decades to experience it. That includes me. Don't sell short what a SB win would do for Buffalo and it's fans. 

It would do a lot but that feeling wouldn't last for long if we just disappoint for the next near decade.  Disappoint doesn't mean just losing in the playoffs...it means losing to teams constantly that you shouldn't lose to.  It sucks when teams like the Bengals and Chiefs beat us but they're very good too...you can swallow that.

But what if the Bills lose to a team today like the Titans or Pats in the 1st round of the playoffs?  Like Sean Payton did when he lost to Case Keenum, a 7-9 Seahawks Matt Hasselback team, Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins etc....

You're one of the most vocal negative people on here...your posting would be on steroids of anger.

When you have a QB at the level Allen can be at, you don't want to look at almost 20 years of his play to only get 1....only make it to one Super Bowl as well.

When you have a QB at the level of Allen and you miss the playoffs 35% of his career, that's extremely disappointing.  

I wouldn't trade a short term joy for many years of disappointment.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It would do a lot but that feeling wouldn't last for long if we just disappoint for the next near decade.  Disappoint doesn't mean just losing in the playoffs...it means losing to teams constantly that you shouldn't lose to.  It sucks when teams like the Bengals and Chiefs beat us but they're very good too...you can swallow that.

But what if the Bills lose to a team today like the Titans or Pats in the 1st round of the playoffs?  Like Sean Payton did when he lost to Case Keenum, a 7-9 Seahawks Matt Hasselback team, Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins etc....

You're one of the most vocal negative people on here...your posting would be on steroids of anger.

When you have a QB at the level Allen can be at, you don't want to look at almost 20 years of his play to only get 1....only make it to one Super Bowl as well.

When you have a QB at the level of Allen and you miss the playoffs 35% of his career, that's extremely disappointing.  

I wouldn't trade a short term joy for many years of disappointment.

You don’t want to spend one night in the penthouse suite at the Ritz, only to have to move back into your cardboard box in the alley the next morning? Yeah, me neither. 

• Like (+1) 4

OK, so i think we can say that our defensive roster is officially better than last season.  minus edmunds, but plus floyd, LB out of Tulane, rapp, more seasoning for our two rook CBs, healthy poy hyde and white (not to mention von).

On O, it's not a huge diff, but i think improvement at two OG positions and  hopefully brown having a functioning back turns our late year OL from cheeks to mid pack.  RB and TE, as well as WR depth have improved as well.

as much as i feel that our last two seasons were our shot, and felt deflated after we stunk out the stadium from the jump vs cinci, based on the cap to come due in the future and the moves made all offseason, this is like an extra chance at the chip, let's hope we make it happen.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Any chance once Miller is back in the lineup that Floyd becomes essentially our other starting LB?

I love the potential versatility he and Rapp bring to the defense. 

Sign Ingram or Houston then you can do this with your front on 3rd and long:

Von  -  Oliver - Rousseau  

Floyd                                        Ingram
                     Milano 

N A S T Y

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

They also have one ring. I'll take the negative for that one ring!

I wouldn't sign for that.  

Rather have no guarantee they win any but possibly can win many over a guaranteed 1 and sucking. Allen is too good. McBeane are too good for 1 and sucking.

Mahomes got a nice head start, I don't see why Allen can't win n get too more SBs when it's all said n done

9 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Sign Ingram or Houston then you can do this with your front on 3rd and long:

Von  -  Oliver - Rousseau  

Floyd                                        Ingram
                     Milano 

N A S T Y

Wouldn't that be a disservice to Von? I really don't know. I thought he excels playing wide when he's able to use that ridiculous bend to get around the OT

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

The ecstasy of winning the SB trumps everything. I will take years of poor seasons for that one SB win. It's not even close.  

My complaining about the poor seasons ahead means nothing. Of course we will complain and that includes you. 

This franchise has never won a SB. The fan base has been salivating for that Lombardi. People have waited a lifetime and decades to experience it. That includes me. Don't sell short what a SB win would do for Buffalo and it's fans. 

And Beane continues to mortgage the future in order to win a SB this year.  

we were 20M over the cap to start the season and added Floyd, McGovern, Poyer, Rapp, Edwards, Shell, Poona, Shaq, Phillips, Harty, Sherfield, Harris, Murray and Sam Martin.  Plus the draft class.  

10 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I wouldn't sign for that.  

Rather have no guarantee they win any but possibly can win many over a guaranteed 1 and sucking. Allen is too good. McBeane are too good for 1 and sucking.

Mahomes got a nice head start, I don't see why Allen can't win n get too more SBs when it's all said n done

Wouldn't that be a disservice to Von? I really don't know. I thought he excels playing wide when he's able to use that ridiculous bend to get around the OT

Sure, I mean move move them around any way you want!  I just really like the idea of having that much ability to pressure on the field at once 

Even now....

Floyd - Oliver - DaQuan - Rousseau

Von                
                                Milano

Edited by Warriorspikes51