Jump to content

Should Josh Allen be tougher on Diggs?


Einstein

Recommended Posts

That is the question posed by Mike Florio and Chris Simms in the clip below.

 

They were talking about Diggs and Allen, and they make the argument that Allen is often excusing Diggs behavior. Currently, he is excusing his absence from OTA’s. We also know that Allen excuses Diggs tantrums on the sidelines, because Diggs is an emotional firey competitor.

 

Florio says that it has gotten to the point that it seems like Diggs is the “alpha” in the QB/WR relationship and it shouldn’t be that way.

 

He also says that Peyton Manning would have never let Marvin Harrison have “permission slips” for bad behavior like Allen does with Diggs.

 

Do you agree or disagree with Florio and Simms?

 

Here is the video: https://www.nbcsports.com/video/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-would-love-have-stefon-diggs-otas?ls=pftvod

Edited by Einstein
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Diggs being absent from OTAs is no big deal.

 

His behaviour at the end of the divisional round was unacceptable but that is for McD and Beane to deal with.

 

But if anything Diggs should be harder on Josh whatever he was trying to do to light a fire up his ass vs the Bengals failed as Josh zombie stared into middle distance.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Diggs being absent from OTAs is no big deal.

 

His behaviour at the end of the divisional round was unacceptable but that is for McD and Beane to deal with.

 

Agreed on both accounts.

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hot take. I think there is a lot of effort across the organization to keep Diggs happy and from blowing a gasket. 

 

Diggs is that friend that everybody goes "well, you got to really get to know him". 

 

I like the guy, he is certainly talented. But I also think he has the potential to be a liability. 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Diggs’ 🤷‍♂️ display (understandable as it was) and quick French exit from the stadium after the Bengals loss combined with the aloof off-season stuff people have read into….
 

It’s not without precedent for an NFL WR to be a bit squirrelly, attitude-wise, but I just don’t like it happening here. It seems the buddy-buddy BFFs / bromance is over b/w Steph and Josh.

 

Yeah, I do think it’s time for Josh to start getting into it with guys more when they eff up. And not just Diggs. I mean, Saffold deserved a 😡🤬ing a many points last year to let him know someone wasn’t going to accept him being a turnstile.

Edited by UConn James
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

 

Love Josh but this is one concern of mine with him. That isn’t the first time we’ve seen that zombie stare from him.

 

I don't know what people were expecting Josh to do.  He was under almost instant pressure the entire game and it looked like the entire O-line had already checked out and their brains were sitting on a beach sipping Mai Tais in the offseason.

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A bunch of click bait nonsense. This is a non-issue. Not only that, I see this nonsense that Josh is not a leader, not talkative on the sidelines.. OTA Josh spent ample time with Kincaid showing him things.. it showed it in the video them talking one on one. JA does not need to scream at people to get his point across. A mistake is made by anyone, he just moves on. 

  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Billz4ever said:

I don't know what people were expecting Josh to do.  He was under almost instant pressure the entire game and it looked like the entire O-line had already checked out and their brains were sitting on a beach sipping Mai Tais in the offseason.

 

This.  Plus he knows he didn't play his best game.  What is he supposed to do, chew others out when he was part of the problem?

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

A bunch of click bait nonsense. This is a non-issue. Not only that, I see this nonsense that Josh is not a leader, not talkative on the sidelines.. OTA Josh spent ample time with Kincaid showing him things.. it showed it in the video them talking one on one. JA does not need to scream at people to get his point across. A mistake is made by anyone, he just moves on. 

These guys have a lot of airtime to fill all summer. The result is stuff like this

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

 

This.  Plus he knows he didn't play his best game.  What is he supposed to do, chew others out when he was part of the problem?

 

Yep, Josh is the first to admit he didn't have it that day, just like he does all the time.  He owns his mistakes, but what QB would've been able to be successful under those circumstances?  Josh has dazzled us so many times and done what seemed like the impossible, I think many people have placed unrealistic expectations on him. He can't do it alone.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The OTAs are a non issue, its the other stuff, 

It takes a village so to speak, its not just on Allen to  figuratively boot Diggs, or any other player in the azs when they go full on child mode, its on the coaches and their team mates to let them know they need to HTFU, and get their emotions in check, it goes for any player who crosses the pouty little itch line, jmo. 

 

I say this because I was born in 1959, and grew up in a world where neighbors, team mates and friends would do such a thing, likely not so much nowadays…

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Diggs being absent from OTAs is no big deal.

 

His behaviour at the end of the divisional round was unacceptable but that is for McD and Beane to deal with.

 

But if anything Diggs should be harder on Josh whatever he was trying to do to light a fire up his ass vs the Bengals failed as Josh zombie stared into middle distance.

It's not for McD or Beane to deal with. Diggs' tantrum was directed 10 feet from Josh's face. These 2 need to work it out between them. And yes it's not the end of the world that Diggs is an OTA no show. But I think 99% of Bills fans consider these 2 our leaders. Leaders show up to voluntary workouts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Until Diggs personally insults my mother, twice, I’m fine with him not being at OTAs, cryptic tweets, etc. Run fast. Catch footballs. That’s literally all I care about. 

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It's not for McD or Beane to deal with. Diggs' tantrum was directed 10 feet from Josh's face. These 2 need to work it out between them. And yes it's not the end of the world that Diggs is an OTA no show. But I think 99% of Bills fans consider these 2 our leaders. Leaders show up to voluntary workouts. 

Interesting. And I’m not arguing, but I’ve never looked at Diggs as a leader. Seems to do his job and go home. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

 

Yep, Josh is the first to admit he didn't have it that day, just like he does all the time.  He owns his mistakes, but what QB would've been able to be successful under those circumstances?  Josh has dazzled us so many times and done what seemed like the impossible, I think many people have placed unrealistic expectations on him. He can't do it alone.

We expect him to do it all. We expect him to be a superhero. We ask him to do things no Bills qb in history has done.  He walks on the field against Cincy and before he can practically react it's 14-0.  And let's not forget the waves of emotional events that led up to and  culminated against the Bengals. Josh is hardly without blame. He has find ways to stay more emotionally balanced. He has to avoid "Zombie Josh" as many have accurately mentioned.  Stefon and Josh have to rekindle their bro-mance and get back to work.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It's not for McD or Beane to deal with. Diggs' tantrum was directed 10 feet from Josh's face. These 2 need to work it out between them. And yes it's not the end of the world that Diggs is an OTA no show. But I think 99% of Bills fans consider these 2 our leaders. Leaders show up to voluntary workouts. 

 

Diggs has never been a big OTAs guy. He turned up to 1 last year. He had the best first half of a season of his career. So I am not in the least bit concerned. 

 

Diggs' tantrum vs the Bengals was to try and get a reaction out of his sleepwalking teammates. 

 

Of course it is on the those two to resolve any issues between them. But Diggs storming off after the game which is the bit I considered unacceptable is for McD and Beane.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

That is the question posed by Mike Florio and Chris Simms in the clip below.

 

They were talking about Diggs and Allen, and they make the argument that Allen is often excusing Diggs behavior. Currently, he is excusing his absence from OTA’s. We also know that Allen excuses Diggs tantrums on the sidelines, because Diggs is an emotional firey competitor.

 

Florio says that it has gotten to the point that it seems like Diggs is the “alpha” in the QB/WR relationship and it shouldn’t be that way.

 

He also says that Peyton Manning would have never let Marvin Harrison have “permission slips” for bad behavior like Allen does with Diggs.

 

Do you agree or disagree with Florio and Simms?

 

Here is the video: https://www.nbcsports.com/video/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-would-love-have-stefon-diggs-otas?ls=pftvod

Not Allen's job

  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...