Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I mean if he signs with NE...... Bill O'Brien and Mac Jones 🤢   have fun with that 

It's all sabre rattling and mind games to TRY and drive up his cost to the teams he really wants to play for.  A big game of chicken that he will likely lose one way or the other

Edited by drummernut74
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Bills made the playoffs in 2019 but largely because of an incredibly easy schedule of tomato can QB's they got to face.    It was incredibly fortuitous how many backup QB's they got to face and they were only a win better than the McDermott 2017 team that was the worst point differential team to make the playoffs in the AFC since the 1980's.  Remember Duck Hodges? :lol:

Allen was a curiosity to NFL observers because of his athleticism, arm strength and balls-out style of play..........but the idea that he was on a path to being a top passer was seen as absurd.   The NFL had never seen a two year starter going from being a 50-something% passer to completing nearly 70% of his passes and becoming the runner up for MVP.   Critics were absolutely losing their minds about how Allen had gone from scattergun to GREAT over night in 2020.  

I pointed it out earlier, to the protestation of a few, but he WAS what Justin Fields is now and his 2020 would be the equivalent of Fields emerging as a top 3 QB and runner-up to the MVP in 2023.

This is spot on.  I was worried we were watching Mitch Trubiski 2.0 after 2019.  He absolutely blew expectations out of the water in 2020 and had been a top 5 guy ever since.

The narrative I can’t stand is Diggs made Allen, that’s some serious BS.  The ONLY WR Allen has played w in Buffalo that hasn’t enjoyed a career year is Sanders.  That is much more to do w Sanders being washed than Josh, but literally everyone who has seen the field w Josh has put up their best numbers ever. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, DCofNC said:

This is spot on.  I was worried we were watching Mitch Trubiski 2.0 after 2019.  He absolutely blew expectations out of the water in 2020 and had been a top 5 guy ever since.

The narrative I can’t stand is Diggs made Allen, that’s some serious BS.  The ONLY WR Allen has played w in Buffalo that hasn’t enjoyed a career year is Sanders.  That is much more to do w Sanders being washed than Josh, but literally everyone who has seen the field w Josh has put up their best numbers ever. 

Top2

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

name 4 qbs better

The only one who is better than Josh right now is Mahomes. Maybe you can make a case for Burrow, but I think Allen is the better overall athlete. Herbert, Lawrence, Hurts are all up there but I don't think any of them are better than Allen.

Edited by Gregg
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

The only one who is better than Josh right now is Mahomes. Maybe you can make a case for Burrow, but I think Allen is the better overall athlete. Herbert, Lawrence, Hurts are all up there but I don't think any of them are better than Allen.

correct

the only case imo is mahomes

• Like (+1) 1

If Hopkins DOES go to the Pats - I would not take that team lightly.  Their D is legit, and the only reason they didn't make the playoffs was because the O was so bad.  

O'Brien will impact that, and signing Hopkins could make that offense above average. Which is all they need to be.

Just now, Success said:

If Hopkins DOES go to the Pats - I would not take that team lightly.  Their D is legit, and the only reason they didn't make the playoffs was because the O was so bad.  

O'Brien will impact that, and signing Hopkins could make that offense above average. Which is all they need to be.

Unless Mac Jones takes a big leap, they aren't scaring anyone.  Zappe might even beat him out in camp 

1 hour ago, Success said:

If injuries don't play a factor, then the Pats will finish last in the division. The Bills, Jets, Dolphins are better teams. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.