Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I have to believe this is just leverage press put out there by Hopkin's agent.  I can't imagine he wants to pay there, unless he just wants money and they present the best offer

He wants the best offer. If it were about simply playing with Josh or Mahomes, he wouldn't be taking visits with teams like Tennessee and New England. 

He wants to find his best money offers and leverage them. Maybe he'd take less than what a lesser team is offering to play in Buffalo or KC, but if one of those teams wants to overpay in their offer (which they'd have to if they want to land him on their sorry @ss teams) - the discount will probably still be more than the Bills or Chiefs are willing to offer at this point in the Offseason.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I have to believe this is just leverage press put out there by Hopkin's agent.  I can't imagine he wants to pay there, unless he just wants money and they present the best offer

Pessimistic view is he just wants the cash, optimistic view is he is doing his due diligence and wants/should know all of his options. If he is going to take less money to play for KC or Buffalo he should know exactly what the difference in the offers are. 

I do not think the Bills can present the most money but if they can close the gap they will have a shot.

17 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Pessimistic view is he just wants the cash, optimistic view is he is doing his due diligence and wants/should know all of his options. If he is going to take less money to play for KC or Buffalo he should know exactly what the difference in the offers are. 

I do not think the Bills can present the most money but if they can close the gap they will have a shot.

I don't think it's just leveraging though.

He doesn't need to fly in and meet with teams for his agent to find out where they are financially in an offer. He's visiting in person to see if he likes being there and could possibly make it work. Odds are because they're offering the most. Especially seeing the full court press that Tennessee put on from his IG story.

One thing I'm fairly certain of is that if what we were offering (if there were an offer, at all) were enough to "close the gap", he wouldn't be visiting with those teams in person. And I don't see Beane upping his offer based on what they're offering.

I imagine it's more than likely a Leonard Floyd situation. If he wants to come back to our offer on the table - great. If not, oh well.

8 minutes ago, JPPT1974 said:

Question is where he will land is anybody's guess. He wants a winning team for sure. Question is how much or less money he will take?!

the real question is - will an AFC player ever sign with an NFC team again? I feel like for the last 3 years the NFC has been getting worse and worse 

Edited by Bills!Win!

4 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

They have JuJu and Hunter Henry too

Dhop, JuJu and Henry would have been super scary in 2020 but several years later and while they may have some gas in the tank that wouldn’t be some super elite group of pass catchers esp with Mac Jones being the one to throw to them. Not that It wouldn’t be a nice add for the Pats but It doesn’t move the needle all that much for them

7 hours ago, JPPT1974 said:

Question is where he will land is anybody's guess. He wants a winning team for sure. Question is how much or less money he will take?!

On what do you base “he wants a winning team for sure”?  His visits to the Titans and Pats?

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I wouldn’t suddenly be worried about the Pats if they got Dhop, nice addition but not exactly like the Pats are just one WR away from making noise 

I would be excited because then we would know with absolute certainty how good or bad Jones is.  The D is improved and the O would have good WR dHop, Parker, and JuJu add in Henry and the New TE not to mention Stevenson and the O has enough weapons to be “decent”. 

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37860293/deandre-hopkins-visits-patriots-no-rush-sign-per-source

Hopkins, 31, has not been in a rush to sign with a team and has considered waiting until closer to training camp in late July to make a move, a source told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.

he's not in a rush because no one has offered what he wants

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37860293/deandre-hopkins-visits-patriots-no-rush-sign-per-source

Hopkins, 31, has not been in a rush to sign with a team and has considered waiting until closer to training camp in late July to make a move, a source told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.

He’s likely waiting for a contender to make a better offer…

Just now, JaCrispy said:

He’s likely waiting for a contender to make a better offer…

Haven’t all the contenders said they will pass? I THINK It’s between NE and Tennessee .  I’d love him in NE but wouldn’t be completely upset if he didn’t come either. He is the difference between 9-8 and 10-7 neither of which is good enough for the playoffs this year IMO. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.