Buffalo Fanatics has a point - Burrow is elite but JA is superior

BillsFan619

While the last playoff game was brutal, some are putting too much stock into it (in more ways than one).

Playoffs:

-JA had one of the best performances by a quarterback in NFL history, going 27-of-37 for 329 yards and four TDs on the road

-In eight games, JA has thrown 17 TDs – Burrow has thrown for nine in seven games

-JA also has a higher passer rating, more yards per game, and more yards per attempt

Regular season (since 2020):

-JA’s Buffalo Bills are 37-12 when he starts in that span – Burrow’s Cincinnati Bengals are 24-17-1

-JA has also thrown 108 TDs to Burrow’s 82

-JA is second in adjusted EPA per play, behind only Patrick Mahomes – Burrow sits in 10th place

https://thebuffalofanatics.com/the-josh-allen-disrespect-needs-to-stop/?amp

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 7

1 minute ago, Clyde Smith said:

Josh Allen is superior, so what does that make Mahomie?

What does Mahomes have to do with an Allen and Burrow comparison? 

Burrow also has had better weapons,  but performed at a lower level statistically. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

Burrow also has had better weapons,  but performed at a lower level statistically. 

You do know that one can never talk about Allen with out it be followed by a Mahomes comment. 

Just now, loyal2dagame said:

Well Mahomes is mentioned in the post. So seeing how there is a pattern Elite, Superior. I decided to post something a little sarcastic, nothing serious, just a question. 

His best weapon was out for like 6 games, one of the reasons his stats are lower.

14 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

Well Mahomes is mentioned in the post. So seeing how there is a pattern Elite, Superior. I decided to post something a little sarcastic, nothing serious, just a question. 

His best weapon was out for like 6 games, one of the reasons his stats are lower.

Allen played half the season with a torn UCL. 

Also, it is what it is, but Allen plays in (likely) the worst passing weather in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

I'm more than happy to have the spot light taken off of this team as much as possible.  I'd rather have more Sunday 1 pm games and less primetime.  I'd rather have the pundits focus on Mahomes v Burrow and ignore the Bills while they quietly keep stacking wins.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I'm more than happy to have the spot light taken off of this team as much as possible.  I'd rather have more Sunday 1 pm games and less primetime.  I'd rather have the pundits focus on Mahomes v Burrow and ignore the Bills while they quietly keep stacking wins.

It will never happen.   Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Hurts, Jackson are the face of the NFL. They are going to see maximum number of primetime games.  

It's been said - but I wouldn't trade Allen for Burrow or Mahomes.  And I think Cincy's fanbase feels the same about their guy, and KC's fanbase feels the same about their guy.

It's going to be a fun next decade in the AFC. It will be easier to appreciate the battles if we're able to get a title in the next few years.  Until then, I'm just bitter that the AFC is so competitive right now.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

It will never happen.   Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Hurts, Jackson are the face of the NFL. They are going to see maximum number of primetime games.  

I suspect you're right.

For years I used to hope for primetime games for the Bills.  Now I'd love to just have 1 pm starts on Sunday.  I think as long as we have Josh that's not going to be in the cards.  The Bills are a victim of their own success.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Allen played himself out of the elite tier. He’s borderline top 5 at this point and needs to perform next season (with poise and consistency) to earn the hype.

Boombox Shut Up GIF

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 13
  • Thank you (+1) 5

30 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Allen played himself out of the elite tier. He’s borderline top 5 at this point and needs to perform next season (with poise and consistency) to earn the hype.

I've never understood the need for some people to go to another team's message board and be a jerk.

It's sad to think of someone who's life is so empty that they take some kind of perverse pleasure in trying to aggravate complete strangers on a football message board.

I'm not sure if it's just pitiful or pathological.

@Airseven, you need some help.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

While the last playoff game was brutal, some are putting too much stock into it (in more ways than one).

Playoffs:

-JA had one of the best performances by a quarterback in NFL history, going 27-of-37 for 329 yards and four TDs on the road

-In eight games, JA has thrown 17 TDs – Burrow has thrown for nine in seven games

-JA also has a higher passer rating, more yards per game, and more yards per attempt

Regular season (since 2020):

-JA’s Buffalo Bills are 37-12 when he starts in that span – Burrow’s Cincinnati Bengals are 24-17-1

-JA has also thrown 108 TDs to Burrow’s 82

-JA is second in adjusted EPA per play, behind only Patrick Mahomes – Burrow sits in 10th place

https://thebuffalofanatics.com/the-josh-allen-disrespect-needs-to-stop/?amp

These are all good points, and I agree Josh is the slightly better QB. But it's a little unfair to compare Burrow's first three seasons and not Allen's first three. Plus, Burrow led his team to a SB already with a newer coach. That's what the critics would say.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.