Dexter Lawrence 4 yrs / 90M extension with Giants

SCBills

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

If he has a good year, I’d guess Oliver would sign in the $17M/yr range. Just like Edmunds before him, I don’t see the Bills offering that kind of second contract.

Just keep the comp picks coming…

Bored Bugs Bunny GIF by MOODMAN

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

It's a ton of money, but I don't think there's another 350 lb defensive tackle in the league who can stuff the run and rush the passer like Dexter Lawrence. 

Hopefully he doesn't phone it in like Albert Haynesworth and Marcel Dareus after they got paid.

There are two names who would have immediately screamed Hall of Fame at you, if they only had the drive. I feel like it’s a sad waste of talent, but then it’s not my life.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

I do consider this a premium position - but only worth paying elite guys.  

Aaron Donald and Chris Jones have won 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls.  

The did by doing enough to complement a solid offense in.  Perhaps in Donald's case he did a bit more. Over the season they won SB, tbh I don't recall paying much attention to the Rams then or since.  

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

I wish we had a Quentin Williams to pay.  

He may bolt to a contender like the Bills in FA you never know.  

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Man, Brandon Beane seriously missed on the Ed Oliver pick. Drafting busts in the top 10 should have consequences.

He’ll never have another chance to draft in the top 10 at least.

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

By the way, I’ll bet big money Oliver ends up with Houston in 2024.  

Bad team.  Tons of cap room.  Oliver is from Houston.  

Yea you can lock that in.   

Well have no problem with moving on from him.  There are vets that will want to have a good chance at a ring with the Bills.   Don't know if he grew up as a Texans fan.  Ìf so than good for him.  I do hope he does at least play well as he gives them tape to wanting to sign him in FA.  Just cause he's from the area won't guarantee they will want to pay him top dollar if he plays poorly.

3 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Saquon Barkley is more *responsible for that team's success than any DT.  

I don't get it.  

Can't say I know this is maybe part of the reason but I've always thought the Giants ownership leans towards a stout defense over offensive power.  So they are willing to pay for top defenders in their system.  I mean the SB teams that beat Brady won more because of defense than Eli being the QB.  Yes he did enough to get the job done but Eli is usually not the first thought as to why those giants won those SBs.

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Just keep the defensive 1st round misses coming. If you don’t want to re-sign your first round picks then you did something wrong.

I guarantee we will be resigning Kincaid…5yrs/$100 mil when his rookie contract expires…he will be that good! 👍

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Boogie Basham counting the days till he gets bank….in the XFL 

"GETS BANK", XFL style:

image.jpeg.05bbdc4c0da29890506d9734f4ac09bb.jpeg

As for the Giants, Gettleman will be back at minimum wage, making sure the cafeteria ladies don't overserve, and players don't filch granola bars.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

14 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

By the way, I’ll bet big money Oliver ends up with Houston in 2024.  

Bad team.  Tons of cap room.  Oliver is from Houston.  

Yea you can lock that in.   

I actually think Houston is going to turn it around really quick under Ryan’s and he’s not going to sign random guys he doesn’t think can play. Oliver will get a one year prove it deal somewhere if he plays this year like he has most of his career.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Saquon Barkley is more *responsible for that team's success than any DT.  

I don't get it.  

The difference between the best RBs and the middle-tier RBs isn't as great as the difference between the best DTs and the middle-tier DTs.  In other words, it's much harder to replace the production of a great DT than that of a great RB.

By way of example, you could argue that Aaron Donald is more responsible for his team's success than any RB they've had, and he might be more important to the Rams than Barkley is to the Giants.  Donald, in his prime, was able to dominate and completely disrput his opponents' offense.  Here's a quote from an article about the Rams' Super Bowl win (WAY back in February 2022):

"In Super Bowl LVI against the Cincinnati Bengals, Donald had two sacks and three quarterback hits, including the game-sealing pressure play on fourth-and-1 with less than a minute remaining that resulted in an incompletion and the 23–20 win. He was ranked second by his fellow players on the NFL Top 100 Players of 2022."

Finally, Barkely has been injured a lot.  I can't speak for Lawrence, but perhaps he's not, and is always available.

I don't know how good a player Lawrence is.  I know he was great at Clemson, but he was also surrounded by great talent all around him, superior, in most cases, to his opponents' talent.  I have not watched much Giants football to make a statement of his value.  Obviously, the Giants think he has great value.

Edited by msw2112

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.