Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

He said his season tickets were in 135 which would be the 50 yard line area.  There's no way the PSL for that area is only going to be $1000.  It probably will be closer to the 10K Range.  I'm expecting the upper decks and end zone areas to be more around $1K-2K and that's where the Bills can say they are offering affordable pricing to all current ticket holders.  Yay! 

Not yet 50 yard line.  I would say between the 30-40 yard line, closer to about the 35 yard line.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

10 year loan with 11% interest for a license to buy a ticket. Amazing

To their credit, I can say my reps advised against this rather than recommending it. But they indicated it was an option. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BillyBilliams said:

Not yet 50 yard line.  I would say between the 30-40 yard line, closer to about the 35 yard line.

yeh,  I looked up where your section was.  It looked like 30 to me but I only knew your row number. Certainly if you plan to be in the lower bowl, that will be more expensive.  Billspride mentioned, "upper decks and end zone",  there will be an extra deck (400) I THINK and the design is such as fans will be closer to the field than at the current highmark (so, for example 200 new is closer to field than 200 old etc). I prefer higher up to save money and to be under cover (hopefully) in the new stadium. (Us old farts like to be dry). Also, I have no trouble sitting close to an end zone. When the play is at the other end, I use my binoculars. But, some people absolutely prefer lower and towards the middle.  

Just now, Mr Info said:

To their credit, I can say my reps advised against this rather than recommending it. But they indicated it was an option. 

Good because that is ridiculous

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

He said his season tickets were in 135 which would be the 50 yard line area.  There's no way the PSL for that area is only going to be $1000.  It probably will be closer to the 10K Range.  I'm expecting the upper decks and end zone areas to be more around $1K-2K and that's where the Bills can say they are offering affordable pricing to all current ticket holders.  Yay! 

And if you have read @Kirby Jackson's posts the past few years he explains why this is the case.

The Bills price structure has always been way undervalued compared to the rest of the NFL. Building a new stadium allows the team to reset those numbers. The Bills can't raise prices for a 50 yard line seat at old Highmark 300% + PSL, but they can create a new stadium with entirely new seating sections with different pricing. This is what's happening. 

It blows for those long timers.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Im glad they arent giving the club holders first-dibs on the whole building at this point.  I was worried that many/most would flood the seating areas, and by the time our turn came around, these un-wanted $40K PSL seats would be the only ones remaining.

We are in the rockpile seats, but have been STH since 2004 I think.  Probably decent seniority.  Willing to stomach a reasonable PSL for a good vantage point

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And if you have read @Kirby Jackson's posts the past few years he explains why this is the case.

The Bills price structure has always been way undervalued compared to the rest of the NFL. Building a new stadium allows the team to reset those numbers. The Bills can't raise prices for a 50 yard line seat at old Highmark 300% + PSL, but they can create a new stadium with entirely new seating sections with different pricing. This is what's happening. 

It blows for those long timers.

Yes I completely understand why they are doing it....and yes it does blow for us 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, richNjoisy said:

Anyway, I urge people to try and calm down until we have more definitive info. 

You do realize where you're posting, right?  

🧐😁

Edited by PBF81
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BillyBilliams said:

I'm in the military and I'm stationed in Arizona.  I don't retire from the military until 2027.  I'm in section 135 Row 35.  I'm very curious how much my seats would cost.  I haven't been contacted by my rep yet, but I'm hoping they can allow me to do the experience in the summertime when my daughter is on break.  I need to plan ahead a trip to Buffalo for all of this.

This was from their survey, which seems to be where your current seat is.  

Coverage: None

Heating: None

Annual price per seat: $1,900

One-time PSL: $4,850

5 hours ago, PBF81 said:

This was from their survey, which seems to be where your current seat is.  

Coverage: None

Heating: None

Annual price per seat: $1,900

One-time PSL: $4,850

I assume the PSL you quoted is per seat? 

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Bills price structure has always been way undervalued compared to the rest of the NFL. Building a new stadium allows the team to reset those numbers.

This doesn’t compute.

Building a brand new 8,000 square foot house in Buffalo, doesn’t mean that this new house has equal market value to the same large home in California. Or Chicago. Or NYC. etc.

Bringing the Bills ticket pricing up to national averages only makes sense if they’re also building the stadium in one of those larger cities that demand such exorbitant ticket prices.

But they’re not.

They’re charging big city prices, without the big city. The big city prices make sense in those cities because *everything* is more expensive there.

It would be akin to being told the apartments in Lackawanna are now $7.5k per month, because the landlord says the previous rent was undervalued compared to Manhattan and LA. 

Edited by Einstein
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, Einstein said:

This doesn’t compute.

Building a brand new 8,000 square foot house in Buffalo, doesn’t mean that this new house has equal market value to the same large home in California. Or Chicago. Or NYC. etc.

Bringing the Bills ticket pricing up to national averages only makes sense if they’re also building the stadium in one of those larger cities that demand such exorbitant ticket prices.

But they’re not.

They’re charging big city prices, without the big city. The big city prices make sense in those cities because *everything* is more expensive there.

It would be akin to being told the apartments in Lackawanna are now $7.5k per month, because the landlord says the previous rent was undervalued compared to Manhattan and LA. 

Bills prices still won't be at par with the rest of the NFL. But it will be closer. 

9 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

There are certainly better ways to finance the $40K than an M&T loan for 10 years?  My kids have plenty of organs I can sell.

Wouldn't you be better off paying for a college education for your kids instead of going to Bills games ?

Please think about this

• Agree 2

49 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Bills prices still won't be at par with the rest of the NFL. But it will be closer. 

Not a chance that is true.

Bills tickets were only 15.9% cheaper than the league average in 2023.

We have seen reports of ticket prices for the new stadium being 70% to 100% higher than the current prices. 

The new stadium pricing will be top 10 in the NFL without a doubt.

IMG_8302.thumb.jpeg.3baf236d87eccb31d0644bec968c7263.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

This doesn’t compute.

But they’re not.

these are horrible comparisons 

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Wouldn't you be better off paying for a college education for your kids instead of going to Bills games ?

Please think about this

$40k in an account earning 8~ish% interest over those same 10 years is close to $100k.

The smart play here is to let others pay the absurd retail price, and then purchase it from them in a few years for pennies on the dollar.

The Jets sold PSL’s for as high as $25,000. Those same PSL’s are selling for $4,500 now.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/business/meadowlands-matters/2017/02/24/jets-psls-have-proved-bad-investments/98361042/

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The Jets sold PSL’s for as high as $25,000. Those same PSL’s are selling for $4,500 now.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/business/meadowlands-matters/2017/02/24/jets-psls-have-proved-bad-investments/98361042/

Interesting that in the same article that you cite is this:

“If the Jets had won a couple of Super Bowls in recent years like the Giants, their fans would have figured to fare similarly well. Some Giants fans can collect up to twice as much as they originally paid for PSLs.”

There are plenty of articles demonstrating that PSLs are not good investments. But looks like a good investment for Giants fans.

4 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

Interesting that in the same article that you cite is this:

“If the Jets had won a couple of Super Bowls in recent years like the Giants, their fans would have figured to fare similarly well. Some Giants fans can collect up to twice as much as they originally paid for PSLs.”

There are plenty of articles demonstrating that PSLs are not good investments. But looks like a good investment for Giants fans.

Clearly tied to on-field performance. If you want to get the best value, wait to buy until Josh retires.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

This doesn’t compute.

But they’re not.

You can't compare housing prices to NFL tickets.  This is the cost of having a team in the NFL. Unfortunately a lot of fans will no longer be able to afford to go to games. 

The thing is majority knew this was going to happen with getting a new stadium.

• Thank you (+1) 2