Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I'm not sure why you're being hostile. I was trying to learn from you. But ok then...

I’m not being hostile. I’m trying to explain that just like a rain gauge collects rain the snow is going to fall on the roof, the seats, and the field in the exact proportions and percentages that each of those surfaces face the sky. None will be more and none will be less. So if the roof covers NONE of the stadium then everything will get snowed on. If the roof covers ALL of the stadium, then all of the stadium will be dry. And…if the roof covers FIFTY percent of the surface then fifty percent on the snow will be inside the ‘donut’. Make sense? 

My question is, will they have actual restrooms in the parking lots for tailgaters and people walking in from elsewhere, or will they still have the stupid porta-johns which are cold, lack sanitizer most of the time, run out of TP, and blow over in strong winds?

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And…if the roof covers FIFTY percent of the surface then fifty percent on the snow will be inside the ‘donut’. 

This part is what i'm curious about. Is it not not possible for the rain/snow to be driven by wind shear and escape the donut? At an angle.

Like this I mean: 

angle.jpg

Meaning, it would hit upper deck, lower deck, etc. Due to wind driving it at an angle?

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

This part is what i'm curious about. Is it not not possible for the rain/snow to be driven by wind shear and escape the donut? At an angle.

Like this I mean: 

angle.jpg

Meaning, it would hit upper deck, lower deck, etc. Due to wind driving it at an angle?

Yes it is….but the OPPOSITE side is getting the exact same percentage blocked by the roof. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

What about the wind confusion screens?  I imagine the snow would stick to them, but maybe they’ll be heated.  Asking for a friend 😂

If you want my honest opinion the entire wind confusion thing sounds like utter nonsense. I guess it could be that the exterior skin could be used to break up wind a little bit, but that surface would neither increase or decrease snow. 

24 minutes ago, RangerDave said:

My question is, will they have actual restrooms in the parking lots for tailgaters and people walking in from elsewhere, or will they still have the stupid porta-johns which are cold, lack sanitizer most of the time, run out of TP, and blow over in strong winds?

I’ve been to around 10 different stadiums around the league and not one had actual bathrooms outside of the stadium, but on stadium property.  Porta-Johns, this is the way.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

If you want my honest opinion the entire wind confusion thing sounds like utter nonsense. I guess it could be that the exterior skin could be used to break up wind a little bit, but that surface would neither increase or decrease snow. 

I would hope it would reduce the winds from blowing in snow.  We may be pleasantly surprised, but, like you, I am skeptical 🤨 

35 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not being hostile. I’m trying to explain that just like a rain gauge collects rain the snow is going to fall on the roof, the seats, and the field in the exact proportions and percentages that each of those surfaces face the sky. None will be more and none will be less. So if the roof covers NONE of the stadium then everything will get snowed on. If the roof covers ALL of the stadium, then all of the stadium will be dry. And…if the roof covers FIFTY percent of the surface then fifty percent on the snow will be inside the ‘donut’. Make sense? 

image.jpeg.17871b7acdfd6a4cdf8cfc4cf940674f.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yes it is….but the OPPOSITE side is getting the exact same percentage blocked by the roof. 

So look at the snow AND wind forecast before buying your game day tickets 🤣🙌 :beer: 

43 minutes ago, Heitz said:

So look at the snow AND wind forecast before buying your game day tickets 🤣🙌 :beer: 

It’s no different than picking your seats based on the sun angle. Unlike baseball, not all football stadiums face the same direction. (Most people don’t know that virtually all baseball fields face northeast.) 

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Just stumbled across this. I am sure it has probably been posted in some thread, but this is the first I have seen it.  Look forward to following the progress(even though I am local and only 15 min drive away from checking it out). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3LvIYNfq94&pp=ygUcYnVmZmFsbyBzdGFkaXVtIGNvbnN0cnVjdGlvbg%3D%3D

Thank you! I wondered why there wasn't a camera live , FFSthey had one one they built First Arena in Elmira in 2000