Would you want Beane to sign Isaiah Wynn?

GreggTX

21 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yes, that's his legit account and he unfortunately unironically tweeted that. The tweet is probably another reason why he's still out there. Not a smart move.

https://nesn.com/2023/03/patriots-isaiah-wynn-sets-free-agency-price-with-bizarre-tweet/

Hey try dunking your head under the water in your whirlpool either you'll find the money under there or pass out you jackass 

4 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I think many do want him gone and have zero confidence that he'll ever be any good when you read comments either in this post or others.  Agree bringing is some competition is fine, but many want him replaced and that is without much merit.

It's like fans that want Oliver traded and Edmunds before that.

They can have their opinions and hopes for roster management. But if they don't line up with Beane's words and actions, they're deluding themselves if they believe the change they want is going to come.

Like you said, Beane isn't looking to outright replace Brown. He's said it time and again. Just depth and competition. And not the type of competition that costs a ton and would be a replacement move. Whether certain fans agree with that or not is a moot point. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 1

I don't think the Bills would pay what he wants. Currently they have Doyle, Quessenberry, Van Demark, rookies Broeker & Gouraige. Wishful thinking but it would be great if one of those guys could step up if Brown doesn't improve.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2023 at 4:49 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

Of course I'd take him. But Isaiah Wynn isn't signing somewhere to not start. And while Beane may want some insurance behind Brown in case of injury or poor performance, he's not looking to outright replace Brown. 

Wynn is also available now because he's looking for big money. Something we're also not going to do.

So if we were to sign another OT, it would be someone else. I'd look at someone like George Fant or Cameron Fleming as the best possible scenario.

Well … he’s articulate.  At least Leodis thinks so. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/2/2023 at 3:13 PM, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

What I like about Brown is what he has NOT and did NOT do!

He didn't play his last  year in college as school canceled program due to Covid

He did not have a full rookie off season as thing were still not at 100% due to Covid changes

He didn't play every game as rookie as got hurt mid way through year, believe it was his back and may have been playing a bit hurt late in the season

He didn't have any off season his 2nd year due to rehabbing from back surgery.

He hasn't yet played 3 NFL seasons

He didn't have the same O line coach the last three years he played, two in the NFL and last year of college

He didn't have the same lineman playing next to him the past two season which for an inexperienced player to start with takes some time getting  use to.

These are a few things that he didn't do.  Ad them all up and you have a player that really no one knows what he can do.  Really need one more full season to see what he is capable of  and everyone who says how terrible he is, really have no idea.  These are probably many of the same who wanted to get rid of Tyler Bass after about 4 games, Dawson Knox being another.

Of course there are legit reasons the Bills need to see more of a healthy version of Brown. 

The point is it doesn't look at this point that there's a great alternative if Browns plays poorly or get injuried. Both a real possibilities. 

I would think the tackle position is not where you want a lot of weakness. 

On 5/2/2023 at 4:34 PM, dreadlox said:

There doesn’t appear to be an answer on the roster at the moment should Brown struggle again. That is a little worrisome with so much on the line this year. Things could change during camp but it’d be great if they could fit a guy like Wynn. 

A little worrisome is an understatement. Brown and "struggle" are synonymous; plus, he's been out for significant stretches both seasons he's played, and his replacement, Quessenberry, is the one who got Allen hurt with a blown block against the Jets. And who's behind the Quessenberry?

OT is the only glaring weakness on the roster at this point. I really thought Beane would bring in a veteran to truly compete with Brown. He said he would. 

• Like (+1) 1

No thanks

On 5/2/2023 at 4:20 PM, GreggTX said:

He has been hurt, but he's certainly played at a higher level than Brown up to now. I understand he's set a price for teams to talk to him, but eventually reality will set in. If Brown makes a good step up, so much the better. Dalton Risner is still out there too if we're so inclined, but they're already commited to McGovern it appears. I think Dawkins - Risner/McGovern - Morse/Bates - Torrence/Bates - Wynn/Brown looks much better than last year's OL. I doubt either of these signings will happen, but either one would be nice.

You would sign Risner and keep Torrance on the bench? Hmmm. For the short-term,maybe but have you already given up on Edwards?

I do like Bates as a "super sub".

On 5/2/2023 at 3:49 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

Of course I'd take him. But Isaiah Wynn isn't signing somewhere to not start. And while Beane may want some insurance behind Brown in case of injury or poor performance, he's not looking to outright replace Brown. 

Wynn is also available now because he's looking for big money. Something we're also not going to do.

So if we were to sign another OT, it would be someone else. I'd look at someone like George Fant or Cameron Fleming as the best possible scenario.

I guess I will have to wait until hes been retired for 2 or 3 years and gone totally broke to start that conversation that I don't want to have with Isaiah.

On 5/3/2023 at 1:07 PM, Allen2Diggs said:

I'd rather sign Cameron Fleming for OT depth. He would be a big upgrade over Doyle and could challenge Spencer Brown this summer.

If Fleming can play LT, I think he would make for a great swing tackle, he seems to have a good amount of experience and productive play. Kind of shocked he is a free agent unless his demands are super high which is likely. But if McBeane can add him with the promise of competing for the starting RT spot and at worst being the swing tackle it would be a great add. Doyle was never that great and likely will be put on IR to "redshirt" the year coming off a serious injury and the team hasn't really any quality backup for Dawkins as while I don't mind Queese as the 9th oline to play RT or kick inside if needed he isn't a LT.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.