Would you want Beane to sign Isaiah Wynn?

GreggTX

He has been hurt, but he's certainly played at a higher level than Brown up to now. I understand he's set a price for teams to talk to him, but eventually reality will set in. If Brown makes a good step up, so much the better. Dalton Risner is still out there too if we're so inclined, but they're already commited to McGovern it appears. I think Dawkins - Risner/McGovern - Morse/Bates - Torrence/Bates - Wynn/Brown looks much better than last year's OL. I doubt either of these signings will happen, but either one would be nice.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

There doesn’t appear to be an answer on the roster at the moment should Brown struggle again. That is a little worrisome with so much on the line this year. Things could change during camp but it’d be great if they could fit a guy like Wynn. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Isn’t he really short and small to be a RT? 

I know the Pats used him as a LT and he played well, just not sure he meets the athletic profile. 

That said MLB and RT are the two spots I’d love to see a vet addition. 

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

He has been hurt, but he's certainly played at a higher level than Brown up to now. I understand he's set a price for teams to talk to him, but eventually reality will set in. If Brown makes a good step up, so much the better. Dalton Risner is still out there too if we're so inclined, but they're already commited to McGovern it appears. I think Dawkins - Risner/McGovern - Morse/Bates - Torrence/Bates - Wynn/Brown looks much better than last year's OL. I doubt either of these signings will happen, but either one would be nice.

IMO what’s missing on this roster is a player that actually push and/or replace Spencer Brown when he eventually sucks this season.  

I don’t think David Quessenberry is that player.  He’s worse that Brown.  

I would love it if Buffalo could bring in a player like a Wynn and am hoping we can get a better option as a backup than Payne or Quessenberry 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

They are very committed to Brown. I think it's partly because they truly believe in him and partly because they're stubbornly doubling down on that investment. I'd love to see a guy like Wynn come in but I'm doubting it. And I trust Beane but everyone has misses here and there.

• Agree 3

Of course I'd take him. But Isaiah Wynn isn't signing somewhere to not start. And while Beane may want some insurance behind Brown in case of injury or poor performance, he's not looking to outright replace Brown. 

Wynn is also available now because he's looking for big money. Something we're also not going to do.

So if we were to sign another OT, it would be someone else. I'd look at someone like George Fant or Cameron Fleming as the best possible scenario.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Bills do not need Risner 

• Like (+1) 1

It seems like the Bills have been trying to find a long term answer at RT since Jesus was a boy.

I can't remember the last time I felt really solid about that position for any length of time.

From Langston Walker to Brad Butler to Cyrus Kuondjio to Seantrel Henderson to Jordan Mills to Cody Ford to Daryl Williams to Spencer Brown...

MAKE IT STOP

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Of course I'd take him. But Isaiah Wynn isn't signing somewhere to not start. And while Beane may want some insurance behind Brown in case of injury or poor performance, he's not looking to outright replace Brown. 

Wynn is also available now because he's looking for big money. Something we're also not going to do.

So if we were to sign another OT, it would be someone else. I'd look at someone like George Fant as the best possible scenario.

lol is this his legit account??   4 seasons---placed on IR each one.

Bum is spitting fire from his whirlpool.  How's that "converse" goin, Isaiah?  lol

• Haha (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bum is spitting fire from his whirlpool.  How's that "converse" goin, Isaiah?  lol

Yes, that's his legit account and he unfortunately unironically tweeted that. The tweet is probably another reason why he's still out there. Not a smart move.

https://nesn.com/2023/03/patriots-isaiah-wynn-sets-free-agency-price-with-bizarre-tweet/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dreadlox said:

There doesn’t appear to be an answer on the roster at the moment should Brown struggle again. That is a little worrisome with so much on the line this year. Things could change during camp but it’d be great if they could fit a guy like Wynn. 

They would likely kick Bates outside. He can play any position on the line and started at RT before for the Bills.

What I like about Brown is what he has NOT and did NOT do!

He didn't play his last  year in college as school canceled program due to Covid

He did not have a full rookie off season as thing were still not at 100% due to Covid changes

He didn't play every game as rookie as got hurt mid way through year, believe it was his back and may have been playing a bit hurt late in the season

He didn't have any off season his 2nd year due to rehabbing from back surgery.

He hasn't yet played 3 NFL seasons

He didn't have the same O line coach the last three years he played, two in the NFL and last year of college

He didn't have the same lineman playing next to him the past two season which for an inexperienced player to start with takes some time getting  use to.

These are a few things that he didn't do.  Ad them all up and you have a player that really no one knows what he can do.  Really need one more full season to see what he is capable of  and everyone who says how terrible he is, really have no idea.  These are probably many of the same who wanted to get rid of Tyler Bass after about 4 games, Dawson Knox being another.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah.  Read that post and tell me you think this guy should be signed by the Bills.  Not hardly.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.