RD 7, Pick 252: CB Alex Austin, Oregon State

Chandler#81

• Chandler#81 changed the title to RD 7, Pick 252: CB Alex Austin, Oregon State
2 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Everyone looks good on their highlight video.

I guess. Well, we will just have to see how he plays when the games start. :)

2 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I do like that he can hit tho. Since he's slow, maybe they move him inside.

Hmmm. Maybe!! :)

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Some do not understand that with 7th round team the team chooses where player goes and get a 4 year contract.   With UDFAs player/agent chooses and often the player will get a 3 round allowing player to go to free agency early if play warranted.

Either that or Lightning is terrible at satire.

Add to that agents will tend to steer UDFA towards weaker teams as player then has better chance to make roster, so Bills aren't getting the cream of the crop.  Player drafted typically will get bigger contract and bigger signing bonus and teams will more try to hang onto the guy.

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Some do not understand that with 7th round team the team chooses where player goes and get a 4 year contract.   With UDFAs player/agent chooses and often the player will get a 3 round allowing player to go to free agency early if play warranted.

Either that or Lightning is terrible at satire.

Turn on your satire detector Lime!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JDubya76 said:

I like this kid, he could push someone off the roster. 

push GIF

5 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Everyone looks good on their highlight video. I do like that he can hit tho. Since he's slow, maybe they move him inside.

Are we sure he's slow?

1 hour ago, TheBrownBear said:

Good trash talk and celebration skills

The consensus among most talent evaluators are that his celebration skills are indeed elite.

However NFL.com had him 73rd in trash talking for a cornerback so you might want to reconsider that statement.

Too often people here assume someone with celebration skills are also great trash talkers. That belief is just an oversimplification by those (and it seems to be a growing number) who view the world through a binary lens and can't differentiate the complexity in our world.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

McD has turned these late-round defensive backs into starters pretty consistently. Dane, Levi, Hamlin, Benford. Even Wildgoose was poached and became a starter for the Redskins. 

That reminds me - i have a limited edition Wildgoose Bills jersey for sale, no time wasters please.

Will consider a straight swap for a match-worn Vontae Davis Bills jersey.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

That reminds me - i have a limited edition Wildgoose Bills jersey for sale, no time wasters please.

Will consider a straight swap for a match-worn Vontae Davis Bills jersey.

I have a Vontae jersey and will consider the trade.

Mine is actually autographed but strangely he only signed his first name, then rushed off.

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.