LIVE ***NFL Draft, Day 3, coverage at noon.

HOUSE

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’ve been messing around the house so I’m now 💯 sure, but I think it started with trading down with Washington.  I think we traded that the Cody ford pick for a later 5th and a 6th.  We then traded that 6th to Houston for another 6th and a 6th in 2024. We then traded that pick to the rams for another 6th in 2024 and (I think) a 7th this year.  

So I think Beane basically turned Cody Ford into a 5th and 2 6ths next year….. but I could be wrong. 

Some call him a bozo, but he’s also part magician. You can’t argue that

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

Some call him a bozo, but he’s also part magician. You can’t argue that

After the aresehats that have been the Bills GM, Beane is lightyears ahead of all of them.

Remember, whaley and most importantly russ brandon were Bills GM's.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Turning 38th overall in to a fifth and 2 6ths is not something you put on your resume. 

It’s real life. Nothing goes perfectly. What do you do with it? Make the most out of it that you can. Every GM has duds. Half the first round washes out before too long. The more picks we can get in the NEXT draft the better. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s real life. Nothing goes perfectly. What do you do with it? Make the most out of it that you can. Every GM has duds. Half the first round washes out before too long. The more picks we can get in the NEXT draft the better. 

it is a negative ROI, no matter how you characterize it. It is not evidence of Wizardy. Beanes mistakes are mistakes, just  like anyone elses. Ford was a mistake. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.