LIVE ***NFL Draft, Day 3, coverage at noon.

HOUSE

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

He’s nasty and versatile. Kid will make it. He was a LT who moved inside. He can play center too. I love this pick. 

Wasn't someone I watched enough to grade. I did put his tape on but he is a limited athlete. I just threw him on the 6/7/UDFA pile. I can see it here, but not sure how you fit him onto the roster?

Just now, ngbills said:

7th round pick creates a log jam? Trader away 6th round picks were useless picks anyway? Confusion. So in the 6th no one could crack our roster. But the guy in the 7th is competing for a spot. 

Nope. They don't think that. They just have him at the top of their PUDFA list. 

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He’s nasty and versatile. Kid will make it. He was a LT who moved inside. He can play center too. I love this pick. 

If he can show he can hold up in the preseason his versatility will get him to the roster but I can't imagine he will ever be active on gameday this season.  He is the kind of player they are going to need to fill out the roster going forward though.  Lots of position flex guys who are young and on rookie deals.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Broeker as a player I get. But how many guards do we need?

Iron sharpens iron. He’s better than Boettger/Mancz etc. He can also play center. He also gives you another guy who could probably get you out of a game at tackle (same way Bates can). He’s nasty. I like it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Sporting News had him at 143 of all the draftees. 

143. Nick Broeker, G, Ole Miss (6-4, 305 pounds)

Broeker is getting more attention for being a smashing power run blocker who can still grow as an athlete.

ESPN's e v a l just now was solid.  Says he does have positional versatility to OT.  

Just now, ngbills said:

7th round pick creates a log jam? Trader away 6th round picks were useless picks anyway? Confusion. So in the 6th no one could crack our roster. But the guy in the 7th is competing for a spot. 

In all fairness wtf is this rambling about? Don't all NFL teams at some point trade picks away to move up or down? It's like you're saying the Bills have done something no other nfl team has ever done during a draft. I have no idea what you're criticism is here.

1 minute ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Coming out of this draft with zero defensive line help is wild to me. Past two years in the playoffs we haven’t been able to get to the QB. 

Neither did the 2 teams in the Super Bowl…. One had a historic pass rush…

10 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Broeker seems like the kind of player who will have to fight for a roster spot and if he is able to earn one he will be inactive on gameday all year.  Probably destined for the practice squad.

he will fight for a practice squad spot, which is fine here.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Iron sharpens iron. He’s better than Boettger/Mancz etc. He can also play center. He also gives you another guy who could probably get you out of a game at tackle (same way Bates can). He’s nasty. I like it. 

I'm not counting Mancz as a realistic option. Maybe he beats out Ike.... but Ike was probably 6th on the IOL depth chart anyway. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Wasn't someone I watched enough to grade. I did put his tape on but he is a limited athlete. I just threw him on the 6/7/UDFA pile. I can see it here, but not sure how you fit him onto the roster?

I actually presume Edwards is done with the concussions.   I have zero faith in Beane's flyers.   McGovern contract they can get out of after next year.   Only thing I have less faith in than his flyers are his surprise healthy UFA signings.    The runway is probably about done on Ike Boettger too.   I saw guard as more of a need in this draft and there was more depth there than some years so never really considered they would add less than two interior OL.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.