RD 2, Pick 59: G O’Cyrus Torrence, Florida

SDS

9 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

O'Cyrus Torrence does not look Irish.

He better start practicing some yoga to help with his flexibility.

During one of the British attempts to exterminate the Irish people in the 1600s, many survivors were relocated to the island of Jamaica where they were slaves along side west Africans in the sugar can fields. He might be more Irish than yourself. 

Edited by Luka
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’m going pure memory but kromer worked wonders with massive day 3 pick Carl nicks in New Orleans. 

similar size. I cant claim to recall his 3 cone or arm length measurables coming out but huge guy with 1 year of premium competition.  

Saints were also a team with a big screen game. You don’t have to get 40 yards downfield to sell a block and disrupt a guy in pursuit. Especially if you have Davis, Knox and Kincaid in there for the second level. 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I don’t see what there isn’t to like about this pick?

Oh, come on! You’re not new here. You just came to see how they did it.   😋

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Im hearing breaking news that the Chiefs have won the Super Bowl.

Do you have AOL dial up service? Check the date on the fax.   

• Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm never a fan of drafting fat, slow-footed lineman in early rounds.   But the key point is what you mentioned..........what the hell are they doing scheme wise? :lol:

They just paid $7M aav to McGovern play G.....a guy who is all about athleticism and no anchor.........which was at consistent with Morse and Bates and their never ending attempts to become an outside zone running team.     

With Torrence at RT I don't think outside zone is something they can make their identity.........so maybe we get back to more of the inside zone and gap/pin-pull styles that they used with the lumbering Incognito and no-anchor Wood.    Mike Iupati.......a player Torrence has been compared to........fared well under Roman in SF as well.     

Wish there was a decent journalist in Buffalo that could pose that question succinctly to Beane, because I'd like to have the answer.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That. Cant get out on the move that well. He can push straight ahead well, but is soft if he has to move laterally. Plus I dont like how that Florida team played so not high on players coming out of there.

I dunno. I dont want to bag on the kid too bad. I'm cheering for him now that he is a Bill. Just wish the draft went differently.

From what I saw of the reels on him and the 1 Florida game    I agree. 

Yes!!

May end up being the best guard drafted this year. I have no idea why he fell so far when so many had rated him rated as the best guard in the draft.

Haven't read this entire thread yet, so maybe the answer is in here.

But the Bills have now eliminated two of their most important weaknesses in the off season, with two new starting guards--and maybe the best receiver in the draft too in Kincaid.

The best set of first two picks that I can ever recall.

Edited by Mister Defense
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.