Gonzo 2 Rounder (4 Days out)

gonzo1105

I'll try to do a brief explanation of the first rounders here and then just the 2nd round. I try to mix fit with my personal rankings of players. This is one of the toughest mocks I've ever done simply because there are so few quality guys who should even go in the top 10 let alone the first round. Nontheless, we all give our best effort at getting 5 or 6 picks right. Enjoy.

1. Carolina Panthers- Bryce Young QB Alabama

Looks like this one is set in stone at this point. Seems like Young will be the # 1 pick in the draft.

2. Houston Texans- Will Levis QB Kentucky

I wouldn't have guessed this one at any point throughout this process but it appears that Levis has moved to the favorite at the # 2 pick. Levis has moved to the favorite for the # 2 pick on betting sites and betting sites seem to know a lot.

3. Arizona Cardinals- Tyree Wilson DE Texas Tech

I suspect someone will try to trade up here but there are no trades in my mock draft. There is some chatter that Wilson has passed Will Anderson as the top edge in this draft. While I can see the thought process, I still think Anderson is the smarter safer pick. I think Anderson does have limited upside and Wilson is a big ball of clay but I'll stick to what I'm seeing on the net.

4. Indianapolis Colts- Anthony Richardson QB Florida

This is a tough decision between Richardson and Stroud. Since the Eagles OC is now the HC in Indy and he developed a very raw Jalen Hurts, I think the Colts very much see the upside of Richardson as that possible Josh Allen type with the right development leading to this pick. Could easily see Stroud here though.

5. Seattle Seahawks- C.J. Stroud QB Ohio State

The Seattle regime could be blowing smoke about this being there one chance to be this high in the draft. Could be trade fodder but I tend to believe it. There is no way they think that Geno Smith can lead them to the SB right? I get Pete Carroll is at the tail end of his career but I have to think that they want a franchise guy who can take them over the hump. I go with Stroud here but I'll probably regret it.

6. Detroit Lions- Jalen Carter DT Georgia

Carter has had a terrible pre draft process but this is where draft need meets arguably the best player in the draft. The QB run is over and the best player on the board is still Carter. Its a dangerous pick but the Lions can afford it with their draft capital, and young talent.

7. Las Vegas Raiders- Will Anderson DE/LB Alabama

I think this one is a no brainer if he falls this far. Perfect pair with Maxx Crosby to get after Mahomes and Herbert in the division.

8. Atlanta Falcons- Bijan Robinson RB Texas

I honestly wouldn't understand this pick besides the fact it takes the pressure off of Desmond Ridder a bit. I wouldn't make this pick but there is a lot of smoke lately that Robinson could very well be their pick. Makes sense since Arthur Smith had Derrick Henry in Tennessee. We'll see but a lot of rumors about this being Atlanta's guy.

9. Chicago Bears- Paris Johnson OT Ohio State

I think almost everyone has this pick in their mocks but it makes just too much sense. Protect your first round investment with the # 1 OT in the draft which also happens to be one of your biggest needs.

10. Philadelphia Eagles- Christian Gonzalez CB Oregon

The Eagles do have some needs at some things particularly in the future. On the surface, Gonzalez doesn't make sense with Slay and Bradberry but after getting torched in the SB and Slay on a reworked contract this pick makes a lot more sense.

11. Tennessee Titans- Broderick Jones OT Georgia

I believe that the Titans would be a very likely candidate to trade up with Arizona at 3 to get their future QB but if they are unable to do that they can rework their offensive line by getting Jones here at pick # 11.

12. Houston Texans- Nolan Smith DE/LB Georgia

Smith has been gaining steam lately in the draft and he is not polished and he needs some work. What better situation to go into to have a team 2 or 3 years from now turn into a contender while working on Smith's timeline.

13. New York Jets- Darnell Wright OT Tennessee

I think this might be pretty high for Wright but the pick and fit makes a lot of sense. Duane Brown is coming off of an injury and Becton has been a bust and the need is there. They would prefer Jones or Johnson but in this scenario they go with Wright. Skoronski is also in consideration but I consider him a Guard and the Jets are set there.

14. New England Patriots- Jaxon Smith Njigba WR Ohio State

Patriots bring back Bill O'Brien to help out Mac Jones and they needed more weapons to help make that happen. Njigba is the best WR in this draft and the Patriots need a massive influx of offensive help in this draft.

15. Green Bay Packers- Keion White DE Georgia Tech

This pick is a surprise as most mocks have him going lower but he is the perfect fit for the Packers and their scheme and he did go on a top 30 visit to Green Bay as well. White will go a lot higher than people have him projected.

16. Washington Commanders- Deonte Banks CB Maryland

Banks is flying up the draft boards as we get closer to the draft and he surpasses both Witherspoon and Porter Jr who both have some questions that need to be addressed. Washington sticks with the local product to add to their defense.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers- Peter Skoronski OT Northwestern

The Steelers need offensive line help all over the place and Skoronski is the last "Tackle" prospect left in the first round. The Steelers will start him at Tackle but if he doesn't work out he could easily slide inside for them.

18. Detroit Lions- Devon Witherspoon CB Illinois

The Lions take who most people have as the consensus # 1 or # 2 CB in the draft in Witherspoon at 18. I have concerns about his size and how it will hold up in the NFL and I think that is justifiable to drop him a little. The Lions are arguably walk away with the # 1 DT and # 1 CB in the draft.

19. Tampa Bay Bucs- Lukas Van Ness DE Iowa

The Bucs have all kinds of needs in the draft and one of those is pass rush. Need meets value in this range and the Bucs could go in various directions with DE here.

20. Seattle Seahawks- Myles Murphy DE Clemson

Seahawks got their QB of the future and now they add to their front 7. This wont be the last time they address their front seven needs but like the Bucs value meets need here.

21. LA Chargers- Michael Mayer TE Notre Dame

I don't believe that Mayer is the best TE in the draft but I think he is a strong possibility here for the Chargers. They need to continue adding weapons for Herbert and add the all around TE in Mayer

22. Baltimore Ravens- Joey Porter Jr. CB Penn State

I think a lot of people are pegging WR here for the Ravens and I could easily see it but I don't think they are ready to give up on Bateman and added OBJ allowing them to address another need with a guy who a lot of people expect to go higher and fills a need for the Ravens.

23. Minnesota Vikings- Zay Flowers WR Boston College

Vikings could easily go Defensive Back here as well but they need to fill the gap left by Adam Thielen and Flowers is the same type of player just much younger and faster. He will go right into the slot and become a solid # 3 option.

24. Jacksonville Jaguars- Will McDonald DE Iowa State

A lot of people are projecting TE but they have a big need at DE and they take the underrated Will McDonald out of Iowa State to get after the QB. I believe they will address TE at some point in the draft but if Engram has another great season there is no need to spend a 1st rounder on a TE.

25. New York Giants- Jordan Addison WR USC

A lot of Bills fans are probably gutted to see this pick but it makes too much sense for the Giants here and Addison heads to NY to pair with Daboll.

26. Dallas Cowboys- Mazi Smith DT Michigan

I believe that the 6 picks before the Bills are going to determine the direction they go in this draft. DT is a big need for both the Bills and Cowboys and so is TE. The Cowboys tap Smith to fill a need at the end of round 1.

27. Buffalo Bills- Dalton Kincaid TE Utah

We all know that the Bills are in a tough spot. I think the Bills would try to trade out in this scenario but if there are no trade takes this pick comes down to Q. Johnson, Dalton Kincaid, Jalin Hyatt, Bryan Bresee, and Brian Branch. I just can't see the Bills going defense here and Johnson is not a great fit. I believe that Kincaid is a dynamic weapon that is the # 1 TE in this draft. He would add an extra dynamic to the Bills offense that they are missing. Not going to be a popular pick initially but a talented prospect who only drops this far because he hasn't tested.

28. Cincinnati Bengals- Brian Branch S Alabama

I like this pick for numerous reasons due to need, the value of the pick, and Branch isn't a traditional Safety and can play all over the field including in the box and in the slot for Lou Amaruno.

29. New Orleans Saints- Jahmyr Gibbs RB Alabama

The Saints have bigger needs but Kamara has issues both on and off the field and Gibbs star is rising as the draft gets closer. Carr also needs immediate help with a versatile weapon and Gibbs provides that in Spades.

30. Philadelphia Eagles- Bryan Bresee DT Clemson

Eagles replenish their defense for the 2nd time adding a 3 Tech in Bresee at the end of round 1. Fletcher Cox is at the end of the road and Bresee ends up being his replacement next year.

31. Kansas City Chiefs- Dawand Jones OT Ohio State

Andy Reid has a history of taking trench players in the first round in both his time with Philly and KC. Jones fits exactly what they need at the RT position and Reid has never been shy about taking big Raw offensive lineman and molding them over time.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers- Julius Brents CB Kansas State

33. Houston Texans- Quentin Johnson WR TCU

34. Arizona Cardinals- Cam Smith CB South Carolina

35. Indianapolis Colts- O'Cyrus Torrence OG Florida

36. LA Rams- Byron Young DE Tennessee

37. Seattle Seahawks- Adetomiwa Adebawore DT Northwestern

38. Las Vegas Raiders- Kelee Ringo CB Georgia

39. Carolina Panthers- Jalin Hyatt WR Tennessee

40. New Orleans Saints- Isaiah Foskey DE Notre Dame

41. Tennessee Titans- Hendon Hooker QB Tennessee

42. New York Jets- John Michael Schmitz OC Minnesota

43. New York Jets- Calijah Kancey DT Pitt

44. Atlanta Falcons- B.J. Ojulari DE LSU

45. Green Bay Packers- Sam LaPorta TE Iowa

46. New England Patriots- Anton Harrison OT Oklahoma

47. Washington Commanders- Joe Tippmann OC Wisconsin

48. Detroit Lions- Jack Campbell LB Iowa

49. Pittsburgh Steelers- Drew Sanders LB Arkansas

50. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Jartavius Martin S Illinois

51. Miami Dolphins- Tucker Kraft TE South Dakota State

52. Seattle Seahawks- Josh Downs WR UNC

53. Chicago Bears- Gervon Dexter DT Florida

54. LA Chargers- Emmanuel Forbes CB Miss State

55. Detroit Lions- Steve Avila OG TCU

56. Jacksonville Jaguars- Darnell Washington TE Georgia

57. New York Giants- D.J. Turner CB Michigan

58. Dallas Cowboys- Luke Musgrave TE Oregon State

59. Buffalo Bills- Trenton Simpson LB Clemson

60. Cincinnati Bengals- Matthew Bergeron OT Syracuse

61. Chicago Bears- Cody Mauch OG North Dakota State

62. Philadelphia Eagles- Sydney Brown S Illinois

63. Kansas City Chiefs- Felix Anudike-Uzomah DE Kansas State

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 7
  • Dislike 1

I'd be pretty happy with that result. I've been pushing for Kincaid for quite a while and Trenton Simpson is the best fit at LB. I think Kincaid is one of the few really dynamic offensive weapons in the draft so it would be a mistake to trade out of 27 if he is on the board. Personally, I am not one of those angst ridden over LB, so if your board was true, I would probably take Matthew Bergeron. I really like him and strengthening the oline takes priority for me. Some interesting speculations: Levis, Robinson, and Wright particularly.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

10 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I'd be pretty happy with that result. I've been pushing for Kincaid for quite a while and Trenton Simpson is the best fit at LB. I think Kincaid is one of the few really dynamic offensive weapons in the draft so it would be a mistake to trade out of 27 if he is on the board. Personally, I am not one of those angst ridden over LB, so if your board was true, I would probably take Matthew Bergeron. I really like him and strengthening the oline takes priority for me. Some interesting speculations: Levis, Robinson, and Wright particularly.

Yea I don’t disagree there if they went Bergeron I wouldn’t complain if they are dead set at what they have at LB. I also think Bergeron has some flex to play Guard. 

• Agree 1

I'm not saying you're wrong but Will Levis being the betting favorite at #2 is crazy to me.  I wouldn't even take him in the first round if I was looking for a quarterback.  I still think CJ Stroud is the pick at #2 and there's a lot of behind the scenes agency shenanigans/misinformation out there right now.

• Agree 1

Appreciate the work, but to be honest, I am not a fan of this draft nor do I think it’s realistic, and not just for the Bills, but it’s not realistic in general IMHO.

Bills would not take a TE with Quentin Johnson still on the board (also don’t think Johnson lasts until the 2nd round).  Furthermore, if Addison reached 25 I am confident Bills would have made a small trade up to get him.  

I still think there is very little chance we go TE round 1, especially with how deep TE position is.  Bills don’t need a TE1, they need a second TE.  Spending a first round pick on a guy who is going to be second string to a highly paid TE that only saw 65 targets and never even gotten 70 targets is just not realistic.  

Using a first round pick on a player who’s gonna get like 30 targets isn’t very appealing.  Even though I don’t want to go LB at 27, I would still rather go LB (over a TE) who will at least have a chance to start and be a potential relevant contributor than a second string guy at a position this offense doesn’t feature.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Appreciate the work, but to be honest, I am not a fan of this draft nor do I think it’s realistic, and not just for the Bills, but it’s not realistic in general IMHO.

Bills would not take a TE with Quentin Johnson still on the board (also don’t think Johnson lasts until the 2nd round).  Furthermore, if Addison reached 25 I am confident Bills would have made a small trade up to get him.  

I still think there is very little chance we go TE round 1, especially with how deep TE position is.  Bills don’t need a TE1, they need a second TE.  Spending a first round pick on a guy who is going to be second string to a highly paid TE that only saw 65 targets and never even gotten 70 targets is just not realistic.  

Using a first round pick on a player who’s gonna get like 30 targets isn’t very appealing.  Even though I don’t want to go LB at 27, I would still rather go LB (over a TE) who will at least have a chance to start and be a potential relevant contributor than a second string guy at a position this offense doesn’t feature.  

This is realistic if one expects Dorsey to evolve philosophically. I’m not saying that’s the case, but a selection of TE, Kincaid in particular, would indicate a change. I think it’s quite interesting.

gonzo -,a very fresh, intriguing draft overall. Thanks!

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

This is realistic if one expects Dorsey to evolve philosophically. I’m not saying that’s the case, but a selection of TE, Kincaid in particular, would indicate a change. I think it’s quite interesting.

gonzo -,a very fresh, intriguing draft overall. Thanks!

No offense, but I don’t think some of you understand what the magnitude of changing an offense is.  And to expect a team led by an elite QB with an aggressive downfield attack that over the past 3 years is cumulatively the top offense just for a rookie TE is unrealistic.  

There has been no TE more hyped as a major weapon coming out college in the past decade than Kyle Pitts.  And what has he done?  Historically TE’s are slower to develop too.  

We are an offense with a very good TE who has 15 TDs the past 2 seasons despite averaging only 68 targets those 2 seasons.  

How many targets is a second TE going to get behind Knox?  20?  30?  

This is a team who has brought in multiple WRs, now has multiple pass catching RBs…a second TE is going to be like 7th or 8th on the priority list at best for targets.  

And if you look at Super Bowl winners, you won’t find any that feature a 2 TE passing attack.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No offense, but I don’t think some of you understand what the magnitude of changing an offense is.  And to expect a team led by an elite QB with an aggressive downfield attack that over the past 3 years is cumulatively the top offense just for a rookie TE is unrealistic.  

There has been no TE more hyped as a major weapon coming out college in the past decade than Kyle Pitts.  And what has he done?  Historically TE’s are slower to develop too.  

We are an offense with a very good TE who has 15 TDs the past 2 seasons despite averaging only 68 targets those 2 seasons.  

This is a team who has brought in multiple WRs, now has multiple pass catching RBs…a second TE is going to be like 7th or 8th on the priority list at best for targets.  

And if you look at Super Bowl winners, you won’t find any that feature a 2 TE passing attack.  

I don't think they'd change it significantly but maybe running 12 personnel 10% or so more than last year could make this offense even more effective.  At least offer a change up when it gets in a rut.  That may have been their initial plan last year when they signed Howard but he didn't pan out.  It's more likely we take a TE in the 2nd or 3rd round that offers more in terms of blocking with receiving upside.  I wouldn't rule out TE in the first round though if the draft falls this way. 

If Quentin Johnston is available at 27, I'd take him over Kincaid. His size, speed, and playmaking ability is exactly what we need on the Outside with Diggs and Davis.

A 2nd TE to compliment Knox would be nice and I think we'll take one at some point. But 1st is a little high given that we have Knox and it's a deeper Draft at TE than WR.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Good work Gonzo 👍🏽. I wouldn’t mind this mock at all for the Bills , Kincaid is a weapon easily my favorite TE in this draft and Simpson if used correctly has star potential in the NFL. In this scenario be nice to get Yaya Diaby and Mingo with our next 2 pks. 

Since when have the Bills used a TE as a legitimate weapon? I like the youngster but I have my doubts Dorsey will call plays and run an offense that fully takes advantage of his skills. 

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Very nice analysis. Agree with your take. I'd be pretty bummed if the pick a TE at 27. For me it's oline or WR depending on whole is available. 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Bingo!

59 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Wilson pick 3 is getting a lot of buzz. I have reached out to a couple of draft twitter types to test it but not had replies yet. 

I have, however, heard Bijan at #8 from someone who has been right before. 

I think Bijan goes early because he's going to be ranked top 5 BPA on most teams boards. At some point, the value will be too great to pass up with such a weak draft. No way he is available at pick 27. 

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I think Bijan goes early because he's going to be ranked top 5 BPA on most teams boards. At some point, the value will be too great to pass up with such a weak draft. No way he is available at pick 27. 

No I don't think he gets to #27 either. But I have thought the teens is maybe the earliest but a few people seem to be on the Atlanta at #8 thing IF (and only IF) both Wilson and Anderson are off the board. If either is there they will be the pick. 

One other point on the original mock... I have it on very good authority that Skoronski would not get past Green Bay. If he is on the board at #15 he is their guy. That is his draft floor IMO.

EDIT: if the Jets give up #13 to get Rodgers then maybe Skoronski goes there. White does fit their scheme I can see that pick. I have just been told by a guy very, very plugged into the Packers beat that they love Skoronski.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't think they'd change it significantly but maybe running 12 personnel 10% or so more than last year could make this offense even more effective.  At least offer a change up when it gets in a rut.  That may have been their initial plan last year when they signed Howard but he didn't pan out.  It's more likely we take a TE in the 2nd or 3rd round that offers more in terms of blocking with receiving upside.  I wouldn't rule out TE in the first round though if the draft falls this way. 

Imho, it would likely be a strategic error picking a TE in the 1st round. Of course it depends on who is available. Nevertheless, there will be ample players to draft that make much much more sense. 

19 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If Quentin Johnston is available at 27, I'd take him over Kincaid. His size, speed, and playmaking ability is exactly what we need on the Outside with Diggs and Davis.

A 2nd TE to compliment Knox would be nice and I think we'll take one at some point. But 1st is a little high given that we have Knox and it's a deeper Draft at TE than WR.

Quinton Johnson is a pretty scary pick. It's boom or bust in my eyes. His size is very appealing but his catching ability or lack of is equally concerning. I'd much rather prefer Addison, Flowers or Mims later in the draft. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Imho, it would likely be a strategic error picking a TE in the 1st round. Of course it depends on who is available. Nevertheless, there will be ample players to draft that make much much more sense. 

I agree and I think drafting someone like Darnell Washington if he falls to us in the 2nd round would make a lot more sense.  I just wouldn't rule it out even though drafting a TE in the first round would be a mistake imo.

• Agree 1

I'm curious as to how you think Bills would utilize Kincaid. 

How many "12 " plays will they actually run?

To justify being the first round pick, he has to get significant playing time,and Knox won't be benched.

Will Bills use him as a 3rd "wideout" , start him in the slot or move Diggs there?

15 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

I'm curious as to how you think Bills would utilize Kincaid. 

How many "12 " plays will they actually run?

To justify being the first round pick, he has to get significant playing time,and Knox won't be benched.

Will Bills use him as a 3rd "wideout" , start him in the slot or move Diggs there?

Kincaid could play a lot of different positions. Knox becomes your traditional Y TE. Kincaid can play the slot, he can play H back, put him in bunch sets etc. 

He’s an exciting player. Is he the ideal pick the answer is No but if your looking for offensive playmaker than I think he fits the Bill to a tee with what’s available 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So you’d rather pass on a dynamic TE for a LB where I give you a top 3 LB supposedly at 59. Doesn’t make sense what you’re saying. 

This  draft is very realistic, and people who are more plugged in and have some different info can back it. Am I going to be wrong on more than 2/3rds of it prob but usually everyone is. 

38 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Kincaid could play a lot of different positions. Knox becomes your traditional Y TE. Kincaid can play the slot, he can play H back, put him in bunch sets etc. 

He’s an exciting player. Is he the ideal pick the answer is No but if your looking for offensive playmaker than I think he fits the Bill to a tee with what’s available 

I think that's getting way too cute sort of speak. The Bills offense really isn't the type of offense you are suggesting with Kincaid.

Dorsey wasn't able to string together plays that set up future plays. Basically, he called individual plays on a play by play basis. 

There is no real need for the Bills to draft a TE. I can't emphasis this enough! Not sure what the fan perception is to why a TE is the answer to the Bills offense. The answer is better Oline protection and an upgrade at the WR position. 

I'd add when have you really seen a difference maker TE drafted since Gronk and Kelce? Without doing research it sure seems like highly drafted TEs under preform at a higher rate than other positions. Im sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong.

I hope the Bills pass on drafting a TE. 

42 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

So you’d rather pass on a dynamic TE for a LB where I give you a top 3 LB supposedly at 59. Doesn’t make sense what you’re saying. 

This  draft is very realistic, and people who are more plugged in and have some different info can back it. Am I going to be wrong on more than 2/3rds of it prob but usually everyone is. 

I think you are not looking at the whole picture with respect. 

I really don't think the Bills offensive staff will utilize the skill set of Kincaid. Not trying to sound negative but he really isn't a fit for the Bills offense. 

Rather then looking at just the player look at the team, the coaching staff, team needs, teams tendencies, and the schematic offense of the Bills. All of this adds up to a mistake for the Bills to draft Kincaid at 27. 

Hope that gives you a different perspective. The answer for the offense isn't Kincaid or another TE. It's upgrading the Oline and WR core. Of course, feel free to disagree. 

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I think you are not looking at the whole picture with respect. 

I really don't think the Bills offensive staff will utilize the skill set of Kincaid. Not trying to sound negative but he really isn't a fit for the Bills offense. 

Rather then looking at just the player look at the team, the coaching staff, team needs, teams tendencies, and the schematic offense of the Bills. All of this adds up to a mistake for the Bills to draft Kincaid at 27. 

Hope that gives you a different perspective. The answer for the offense isn't Kincaid or another TE. It's upgrading the Oline and WR core. Of course, feel free to disagree. 

I think you’re making a lot of assumptions. Who on the board is available in this mock that you would take to upgrade the WR core with this pick or on the offensive line? Q Johnson who is a Gabe Davis clone and gives you nothing different? O’Cyrus Torrence who’s a terrible scheme fit. Don’t change it up you wanted a LB, I gave you one at 59 for you only to say that you’d rather take one at 27 when in this mock the first one doesn’t come off the board at 48. 

You’d be getting terrible value at 27. I could see the Bills taking a Bergeron at 59. 

It’s funny how perception kills fans openness to things. If I gave you Campbell and Bergeron in the first two rounds you’d love it but in reality I would have reached a half a round at 27 to fill need and I’ll be honest I’m not sure the Bills are taking LB at all. 

Most of the top TEs were also saddled with bad QB play and to be honest with you, Kincaid isn’t really a TE he’s a big WR like Pitts. The difference is you’re drafting Kincaid at 27 versus Pitts with pick 4. The Bills have a top 3 QB in the NFL for Kincaid to work with vs Pitts who had a dead arm Matt Ryan and now Desmond Ridder. His career is dead until he leaves Atlanta 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I'll try to do a brief explanation of the first rounders here and then just the 2nd round. I try to mix fit with my personal rankings of players. This is one of the toughest mocks I've ever done simply because there are so few quality guys who should even go in the top 10 let alone the first round. Nontheless, we all give our best effort at getting 5 or 6 picks right. Enjoy.

1. Carolina Panthers- Bryce Young QB Alabama

Looks like this one is set in stone at this point. Seems like Young will be the # 1 pick in the draft.

2. Houston Texans- Will Levis QB Kentucky

I wouldn't have guessed this one at any point throughout this process but it appears that Levis has moved to the favorite at the # 2 pick. Levis has moved to the favorite for the # 2 pick on betting sites and betting sites seem to know a lot.

3. Arizona Cardinals- Tyree Wilson DE Texas Tech

I suspect someone will try to trade up here but there are no trades in my mock draft. There is some chatter that Wilson has passed Will Anderson as the top edge in this draft. While I can see the thought process, I still think Anderson is the smarter safer pick. I think Anderson does have limited upside and Wilson is a big ball of clay but I'll stick to what I'm seeing on the net.

4. Indianapolis Colts- Anthony Richardson QB Florida

This is a tough decision between Richardson and Stroud. Since the Eagles OC is now the HC in Indy and he developed a very raw Jalen Hurts, I think the Colts very much see the upside of Richardson as that possible Josh Allen type with the right development leading to this pick. Could easily see Stroud here though.

5. Seattle Seahawks- C.J. Stroud QB Ohio State

The Seattle regime could be blowing smoke about this being there one chance to be this high in the draft. Could be trade fodder but I tend to believe it. There is no way they think that Geno Smith can lead them to the SB right? I get Pete Carroll is at the tail end of his career but I have to think that they want a franchise guy who can take them over the hump. I go with Stroud here but I'll probably regret it.

6. Detroit Lions- Jalen Carter DT Georgia

Carter has had a terrible pre draft process but this is where draft need meets arguably the best player in the draft. The QB run is over and the best player on the board is still Carter. Its a dangerous pick but the Lions can afford it with their draft capital, and young talent.

7. Las Vegas Raiders- Will Anderson DE/LB Alabama

I think this one is a no brainer if he falls this far. Perfect pair with Maxx Crosby to get after Mahomes and Herbert in the division.

8. Atlanta Falcons- Bijan Robinson RB Texas

I honestly wouldn't understand this pick besides the fact it takes the pressure off of Desmond Ridder a bit. I wouldn't make this pick but there is a lot of smoke lately that Robinson could very well be their pick. Makes sense since Arthur Smith had Derrick Henry in Tennessee. We'll see but a lot of rumors about this being Atlanta's guy.

9. Chicago Bears- Paris Johnson OT Ohio State

I think almost everyone has this pick in their mocks but it makes just too much sense. Protect your first round investment with the # 1 OT in the draft which also happens to be one of your biggest needs.

10. Philadelphia Eagles- Christian Gonzalez CB Oregon

The Eagles do have some needs at some things particularly in the future. On the surface, Gonzalez doesn't make sense with Slay and Bradberry but after getting torched in the SB and Slay on a reworked contract this pick makes a lot more sense.

11. Tennessee Titans- Broderick Jones OT Georgia

I believe that the Titans would be a very likely candidate to trade up with Arizona at 3 to get their future QB but if they are unable to do that they can rework their offensive line by getting Jones here at pick # 11.

12. Houston Texans- Nolan Smith DE/LB Georgia

Smith has been gaining steam lately in the draft and he is not polished and he needs some work. What better situation to go into to have a team 2 or 3 years from now turn into a contender while working on Smith's timeline.

13. New York Jets- Darnell Wright OT Tennessee

I think this might be pretty high for Wright but the pick and fit makes a lot of sense. Duane Brown is coming off of an injury and Becton has been a bust and the need is there. They would prefer Jones or Johnson but in this scenario they go with Wright. Skoronski is also in consideration but I consider him a Guard and the Jets are set there.

14. New England Patriots- Jaxon Smith Njigba WR Ohio State

Patriots bring back Bill O'Brien to help out Mac Jones and they needed more weapons to help make that happen. Njigba is the best WR in this draft and the Patriots need a massive influx of offensive help in this draft.

15. Green Bay Packers- Keion White DE Georgia Tech

This pick is a surprise as most mocks have him going lower but he is the perfect fit for the Packers and their scheme and he did go on a top 30 visit to Green Bay as well. White will go a lot higher than people have him projected.

16. Washington Commanders- Deonte Banks CB Maryland

Banks is flying up the draft boards as we get closer to the draft and he surpasses both Witherspoon and Porter Jr who both have some questions that need to be addressed. Washington sticks with the local product to add to their defense.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers- Peter Skoronski OT Northwestern

The Steelers need offensive line help all over the place and Skoronski is the last "Tackle" prospect left in the first round. The Steelers will start him at Tackle but if he doesn't work out he could easily slide inside for them.

18. Detroit Lions- Devon Witherspoon CB Illinois

The Lions take who most people have as the consensus # 1 or # 2 CB in the draft in Witherspoon at 18. I have concerns about his size and how it will hold up in the NFL and I think that is justifiable to drop him a little. The Lions are arguably walk away with the # 1 DT and # 1 CB in the draft.

19. Tampa Bay Bucs- Lukas Van Ness DE Iowa

The Bucs have all kinds of needs in the draft and one of those is pass rush. Need meets value in this range and the Bucs could go in various directions with DE here.

20. Seattle Seahawks- Myles Murphy DE Clemson

Seahawks got their QB of the future and now they add to their front 7. This wont be the last time they address their front seven needs but like the Bucs value meets need here.

21. LA Chargers- Michael Mayer TE Notre Dame

I don't believe that Mayer is the best TE in the draft but I think he is a strong possibility here for the Chargers. They need to continue adding weapons for Herbert and add the all around TE in Mayer

22. Baltimore Ravens- Joey Porter Jr. CB Penn State

I think a lot of people are pegging WR here for the Ravens and I could easily see it but I don't think they are ready to give up on Bateman and added OBJ allowing them to address another need with a guy who a lot of people expect to go higher and fills a need for the Ravens.

23. Minnesota Vikings- Zay Flowers WR Boston College

Vikings could easily go Defensive Back here as well but they need to fill the gap left by Adam Thielen and Flowers is the same type of player just much younger and faster. He will go right into the slot and become a solid # 3 option.

24. Jacksonville Jaguars- Will McDonald DE Iowa State

A lot of people are projecting TE but they have a big need at DE and they take the underrated Will McDonald out of Iowa State to get after the QB. I believe they will address TE at some point in the draft but if Engram has another great season there is no need to spend a 1st rounder on a TE.

25. New York Giants- Jordan Addison WR USC

A lot of Bills fans are probably gutted to see this pick but it makes too much sense for the Giants here and Addison heads to NY to pair with Daboll.

26. Dallas Cowboys- Mazi Smith DT Michigan

I believe that the 6 picks before the Bills are going to determine the direction they go in this draft. DT is a big need for both the Bills and Cowboys and so is TE. The Cowboys tap Smith to fill a need at the end of round 1.

27. Buffalo Bills- Dalton Kincaid TE Utah

We all know that the Bills are in a tough spot. I think the Bills would try to trade out in this scenario but if there are no trade takes this pick comes down to Q. Johnson, Dalton Kincaid, Jalin Hyatt, Bryan Bresee, and Brian Branch. I just can't see the Bills going defense here and Johnson is not a great fit. I believe that Kincaid is a dynamic weapon that is the # 1 TE in this draft. He would add an extra dynamic to the Bills offense that they are missing. Not going to be a popular pick initially but a talented prospect who only drops this far because he hasn't tested.

28. Cincinnati Bengals- Brian Branch S Alabama

I like this pick for numerous reasons due to need, the value of the pick, and Branch isn't a traditional Safety and can play all over the field including in the box and in the slot for Lou Amaruno.

29. New Orleans Saints- Jahmyr Gibbs RB Alabama

The Saints have bigger needs but Kamara has issues both on and off the field and Gibbs star is rising as the draft gets closer. Carr also needs immediate help with a versatile weapon and Gibbs provides that in Spades.

30. Philadelphia Eagles- Bryan Bresee DT Clemson

Eagles replenish their defense for the 2nd time adding a 3 Tech in Bresee at the end of round 1. Fletcher Cox is at the end of the road and Bresee ends up being his replacement next year.

31. Kansas City Chiefs- Dawand Jones OT Ohio State

Andy Reid has a history of taking trench players in the first round in both his time with Philly and KC. Jones fits exactly what they need at the RT position and Reid has never been shy about taking big Raw offensive lineman and molding them over time.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers- Julius Brents CB Kansas State

33. Houston Texans- Quentin Johnson WR TCU

34. Arizona Cardinals- Cam Smith CB South Carolina

35. Indianapolis Colts- O'Cyrus Torrence OG Florida

36. LA Rams- Byron Young DE Tennessee

37. Seattle Seahawks- Adetomiwa Adebawore DT Northwestern

38. Las Vegas Raiders- Kelee Ringo CB Georgia

39. Carolina Panthers- Jalin Hyatt WR Tennessee

40. New Orleans Saints- Isaiah Foskey DE Notre Dame

41. Tennessee Titans- Hendon Hooker QB Tennessee

42. New York Jets- John Michael Schmitz OC Minnesota

43. New York Jets- Calijah Kancey DT Pitt

44. Atlanta Falcons- B.J. Ojulari DE LSU

45. Green Bay Packers- Sam LaPorta TE Iowa

46. New England Patriots- Anton Harrison OT Oklahoma

47. Washington Commanders- Joe Tippmann OC Wisconsin

48. Detroit Lions- Jack Campbell LB Iowa

49. Pittsburgh Steelers- Drew Sanders LB Arkansas

50. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Jartavius Martin S Illinois

51. Miami Dolphins- Tucker Kraft TE South Dakota State

52. Seattle Seahawks- Josh Downs WR UNC

53. Chicago Bears- Gervon Dexter DT Florida

54. LA Chargers- Emmanuel Forbes CB Miss State

55. Detroit Lions- Steve Avila OG TCU

56. Jacksonville Jaguars- Darnell Washington TE Georgia

57. New York Giants- D.J. Turner CB Michigan

58. Dallas Cowboys- Luke Musgrave TE Oregon State

59. Buffalo Bills- Trenton Simpson LB Clemson

60. Cincinnati Bengals- Matthew Bergeron OT Syracuse

61. Chicago Bears- Cody Mauch OG North Dakota State

62. Philadelphia Eagles- Sydney Brown S Illinois

63. Kansas City Chiefs- Felix Anudike-Uzomah DE Kansas State

You don't think the books are pumping Levis because they want to take your money?

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Kincaid may be the best pass catching weapon in this draft, including the WRs.

I think it is quite possible that the Bills would take Kincaid over Johnston.  Kincaid’s hands are considerably better than Johnston’s, imho.

Simpson might be available that late, but I’d be willing to go up a little in round 2 to get one of the LBs, depending on cost.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You don't think the books are pumping Levis because they want to take your money?

If anything it’s weird to put it out there if not true. Could be they adjusted the line cause it’s a toss up which QB goes # 2 and they don’t want large bets coming in on + 500 Will Levis only for it to happen just gotta go with the info at hand

30 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I think you’re making a lot of assumptions. Who on the board is available in this mock that you would take to upgrade the WR core with this pick or on the offensive line? Q Johnson who is a Gabe Davis clone and gives you nothing different? O’Cyrus Torrence who’s a terrible scheme fit. Don’t change it up you wanted a LB, I gave you one at 59 for you only to say that you’d rather take one at 27 when in this mock the first one doesn’t come off the board at 48. 

You’d be getting terrible value at 27. I could see the Bills taking a Bergeron at 59. 

It’s funny how perception kills fans openness to things. If I gave you Campbell and Bergeron in the first two rounds you’d love it but in reality I would have reached a half a round at 27 to fill need and I’ll be honest I’m not sure the Bills are taking LB at all. 

Most of the top TEs were also saddled with bad QB play and to be honest with you, Kincaid isn’t really a TE he’s a big WR like Pitts. The difference is you’re drafting Kincaid at 27 versus Pitts with pick 4. The Bills have a top 3 QB in the NFL for Kincaid to work with vs Pitts who had a dead arm Matt Ryan and now Desmond Ridder. His career is dead until he leaves Atlanta 

That's a fair response. A lot depends on the board when pick 27 happens. 

As for myself, I'm not really a huge fan of a TE who really isn't a TE but plays TE; yet he's supposed to be playing like a WR even though he's a TE. I really can't point to a lot of success under this scenario. (I'm no fan of these " tweeners.") The one who comes to mind with limited success is Engram for the Jags who was drafted by the Giants. 

With that said, the TE depth is very good. On many people's board Kincaid isn't even their top rated TE. I'm fairly confident that a much more sound and logical player will be available at pick 27 than Kincaid. 

I am on the record saying Kincaid is likely a poor pick for the Bills at 27. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Disagree 1

I don't know much about the guy you chose but if they utilize him the way they do Knox he would almost be a none factor & we have places on the roster that is lacking much more than the offense .

If they get down to the Bills pick & it goes as you say it does i would be more inclined to go for Sanders due to the fact that Edmunds is gone & the others that the Bills have that would be in the competition for the MLB position are capable back ups but not starting quality & the Bills need a 3 down MLB & if he's there i say grab him .

Sanders would also be a core player for at least 5 years & that side of the ball will be losing the likes of Hyde, Poyer, Daquan,, Oliver, Settle, Shaq, Klien, & others after this season so they need some players that they can depend on going forward to keep the D relevant . Oh & Von's not getting any younger use his experience & mentor ship while he's here !

The offense has Diggs, Cook, Knox, Harte, Shakir, under contract for a couple of years & i think they can get veterans in on a reasonable contract like a Beasley, Watkins, Cobb, & many others plus after cut down day there will be even more but the D needs core players more for the future .

Then if you add in that there are others on the offense that they could use more but usually don't like Hines, Gilliam, & Quinton Morris who has great hands the offense has plenty of weapons already there & can more than likely get a UDFA to put on the PS & develop . 

So i'm hoping for Sanders as our first pick his upside is really good & the D is in more need for the future .

8 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Trenton Simpson is the best LB in this draft, if he fell to us in Round 2 and we got Kincaid in the 1st that be one helluva start to the draft. I just don't see it happening. 

I think a lot of Bills fans in particular have been brainwashed by media stating they need a LB and that 27 is a legit possibility. There is not a LB in this draft who should go in the first half of the 2nd round. Simpson has great athletic traits to be a superstar but he does have trouble processing things that happen in front of him. Do I think there is a good possibility that both Kincaid and Simpson are off the board at the Bills picks in these spots absolutely but it wouldn't stun me. 

I think Bills fans are going to shocked when Sanders, Campbell, and Simpson don't go in the top 40 picks on Thursday and Friday. 

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

If anything it’s weird to put it out there if not true. Could be they adjusted the line cause it’s a toss up which QB goes # 2 and they don’t want large bets coming in on + 500 Will Levis only for it to happen just gotta go with the info at hand

Levis at +250-270 across the board now.  They are testing the resolve of the Levis bettors.

Bryce Young at #2 is offering +850-1000!

3 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Kincaid may be the best pass catching weapon in this draft, including the WRs.

I think it is quite possible that the Bills would take Kincaid over Johnston.  Kincaid’s hands are considerably better than Johnston’s, imho.

Simpson might be available that late, but I’d be willing to go up a little in round 2 to get one of the LBs, depending on cost.

With Diggs age and Davis in his final year, I think they would for sure take the WR over a TE.  Reality is Davis is likely gone after this season, there is no way they are going to pay him what he will fetch on the open market.  Getting a potential replacement for him certainly seems like a high priority for this front office given the amount of interest they have demonstrated between exploring acquisitions and draft visits.  Meanwhile, TE's most often grossly underperform to draft hype, especially their early years.  And any TE we bring in will be second string to Knox who we just extended and is young himself.  

So if one of the top WR's is still on the board at 27, I don't think there is much chance they take a TE over that WR.  Not saying we would never go TE, I mean if the board falls in a way where TE is the clear cut BPA at 27, I don't expect Beane to reach elsewhere and can see him taking the talent.  But I do think he would first try and trade down if that were the case.  

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No offense taken. 😎

And I understand a change isn’t something you just decide to do. Certainly not on the fly. I’ve been saying all along that KD hasn’t had the propensity to use 1 let alone 2 TEs. 

That said, KD needs to be more creative within the parameters of his offense. Fingers crossed. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I think a lot of Bills fans in particular have been brainwashed by media stating they need a LB and that 27 is a legit possibility. There is not a LB in this draft who should go in the first half of the 2nd round. Simpson has great athletic traits to be a superstar but he does have trouble processing things that happen in front of him. Do I think there is a good possibility that both Kincaid and Simpson are off the board at the Bills picks in these spots absolutely but it wouldn't stun me. 

I think Bills fans are going to shocked when Sanders, Campbell, and Simpson don't go in the top 40 picks on Thursday and Friday. 

I agree that Campbell isn't top 40 but Simpson and Sanders could sneak in. 

36 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

No offense taken. 😎

And I understand a change isn’t something you just decide to do. Certainly not on the fly. I’ve been saying all along that KD hasn’t had the propensity to use 1 let alone 2 TEs. 

That said, KD needs to be more creative within the parameters of his offense. Fingers crossed. 

Totally agree with all this.  Honestly this is exactly my thoughts on the matter.  I just find it unrealistic that Dorsey is going to go from under using our very good TE to effectively using two.  

Im never against adding talent, not like I will be upset if we landed a premiere talent at TE to pair with Knox.  But I don’t have any confidence that we will see a lot of targets for that second TE in Dorseys offense.  

So while I know we need a 2nd TE, I really hope it’s not in the first round because I would much rather see us take a player that has a higher chance to see the field more and make a bigger impact this year as we strive for a SB.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

If Dorsey doesn’t want a better option at 2nd TE, why did they sign Howard last year?  Or why were they talking to Gronk, or exploring a trade for Ertz?  Just because the Bills haven’t played more 12 personnel doesn’t mean they don’t want to.  If they can find a solid blocking TE option who could also be a pass catching threat in 1st or 2nd round, I think they go for it.  Not to mention they could use some better depth behind Knox.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Did you just say your mock draft is "very" realistic while saying more than 2/3rds is going to be wrong?  Isn't that kind of a contradiction?  No need to get so defensive about something you expect to be mostly wrong about because someone thinks its going to fall different.  Like I said, kudos for the work, I just don't think some of the places you have guys going is realistic.  Just my opinion, nothing more nothing less.  We all just have opinions, like your mock is your opinion, others having a different mock is just an opinion.  And the one universal truth is all these mocks will be wrong anyway.

But to your point of giving us a top 3 LB in the 2nd not making any sense...the point was rather than using a first round pick on a BACKUP player at a position we DONT feature (TE), I would rather have the top LB (as to a top 3 one in the 2nd) in the first and take someone else at WR, OL, or even TE in the 2nd.

I am not even advocating for a LB in the first, I both want and think it is going to be a WR personally.  I am just saying taking a TE who is going to get maybe 20-30 targets as the 7th or 8th priority in our offense this year with our first round pick is less appealing than drafting someone who will likely have a bigger role in our team this year. 

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Did you just say your mock draft is "very" realistic while saying more than 2/3rds is going to be wrong?  Isn't that kind of a contradiction?  No need to get so defensive about something you expect to be mostly wrong about because someone thinks its going to fall different.  Like I said, kudos for the work, I just don't think some of the places you have guys going is realistic.  Just my opinion, nothing more nothing less.  We all just have opinions, like your mock is your opinion, others having a different mock is just an opinion.  And the one universal truth is all these mocks will be wrong anyway.

But to your point of giving us a top 3 LB in the 2nd not making any sense...the point was rather than using a first round pick on a BACKUP player at a position we DONT feature (TE), I would rather have the top LB (as to a top 3 one in the 2nd) in the first and take someone else at WR, OL, or even TE in the 2nd.

I am not even advocating for a LB in the first, I both want and think it is going to be a WR personally.  I am just saying taking a TE who is going to get maybe 20-30 targets as the 7th or 8th priority in our offense this year with our first round pick is less appealing than drafting someone who will likely have a bigger role in our team this year. 

And those who disagree with you are not granting the premise that TE2 is primarily a backup for Knox, nor are they presuming that Dorsey will not use 12 personnel should it become a valid option with the addition of a second quality TE. Moreover, to reiterate a point I made earlier, 12 personnel could come into play as a significant formation in the RZ which is precisely where the team struggled with Dorsey as OC and where an inordinate number of uncharacteristic turnovers from Josh occurred. So, yes, we all have opinions and you are welcome to yours, but when rejecting a counter-argument, you don't get to impose your own presuppositions onto those who differ.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.