Buffalo Bills: Embedded - Offseason Life With Dion Dawkins, Kaiir Elam, Jordan Poyer & Brandon Beane

The Wiz

Was a decent video. 

Elam will have a great year this year.  Putting in the time this off-season knowing what a pro needs to do will only help this young man.  Seems to have a great attitude.

Dion isn’t in bad shape for such a big guy, but surely was winded from boxing.  I get an o-line guy spars for 5-6 seconds at a time, but they need game long stamina also.  He seemed to overreach when throwing punches, got off center of himself.  I would hope boxing would help him develop close quarter “combat” skills.

4 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

It's definitely a challenge for rookies coming into the league.  I don't think i need to hear bernard say it to know that was a major issue for him last year.  

Admitting it is a problem is one of the first steps you need to make an improvement (see Alcohol Anonymous) It's why Josh is a good player as he admits his wrongs unlike Zac Wilson who was asked in a game he threw for 77 yards if he thinks he let his defense down and responds with "No". 

14 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Majority of OL have that type of body. 

No. They really don’t. Most OL I see are large, muscular, built men. Dawkins looks like the fat kid in middle school that always got picked last at gym class. 

I think most people would agree that Trent Williams is a top 3 LT in the NFL.  He looks similar to Dawkins.  Neither one is hiding a six pack under their jersey.  Dawkins has been a good LT and a great teammate and community member.  He is one of the last guys that should be taking heat from the fans. 

TW.jpg

dd2.jpg

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, mrags said:

No. They really don’t. Most OL I see are large, muscular, built men. Dawkins looks like the fat kid in middle school that always got picked last at gym class. 

Lol he does have that baby fat but alot are built like him. Then you got a dude like Spencer Brown who looks jacked

i am surprised at how bad AJ and Dawkin's physiques look.

from what i've heard on podcasts and such, NFL teams are pretty hands off when it comes to player nutrition, supplements, and training.  they give a lot of leeway during the year, and are totally absent in the offseason.  I think there is some low hanging fruit there and if a team can get a handle on that they can get ahead of the game.

1 hour ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I think most people would agree that Trent Williams is a top 3 LT in the NFL.  He looks similar to Dawkins.  Neither one is hiding a six pack under their jersey.  Dawkins has been a good LT and a great teammate and community member.  He is one of the last guys that should be taking heat from the fans. 

TW.jpg

dd2.jpg

Trent Williams is a better athlete than Dawkins.   And their body types certainly aren't exact despite your attempt to flatter Dawkins.   Williams has the extra weight because he needs the extra weight to play the position.    Dawkins is just a really fat dude who happens to be a good athlete.    He has come into camp in horrible shape in recent seasons.   He's been a good enough athlete to hold it down to this point but I'll eat my hat if he's still a LT seven years from now like the 34 year old Williams. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.