Buffalo Bills: Embedded - Offseason Life With Dion Dawkins, Kaiir Elam, Jordan Poyer & Brandon Beane

The Wiz

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Trent Williams is a better athlete than Dawkins.   And their body types certainly aren't exact despite your attempt to flatter Dawkins.   Williams has the extra weight because he needs the extra weight to play the position.    Dawkins is just a really fat dude who happens to be a good athlete.    He has come into camp in horrible shape in recent seasons.   He's been a good enough athlete to hold it down to this point but I'll eat my hat if he's still a LT seven years from now like the 34 year old Williams. 

No where did I claim that they had the "exact" same body.  (Similar does not mean the same thing as exact).  I am simply showing an example of an elite LT that is also a fat dude.  

*Trent Williams : Height 6'5", Weight 320       Dion Dawkins : Height 6'5" , Weight 320

4 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

No where did I claim that they had the "exact" same body.  (Similar does not mean the same thing as exact).  I am simply showing an example of an elite LT that is also a fat dude.  

*Trent Williams : Height 6'5", Weight 320       Dion Dawkins : Height 6'5" , Weight 320

Hopefully you know better than to believe listed weights.     It was an absurd comparison between guys a virtual generation apart in age in NFL terms.  All but a few LT's are "listed" around 6'5" and between 310-330#.   And Dawkins is about half way to the career Williams has put in.    Bottom line is that Dawkins has come to camp woefully out of shape in recent years.......WAY more than 320........and has worked his way INTO shape in camp.   That usually works til' you hit your physical peak around 26-27 and then those players need to start taking better care of themselves or their game falls off.    That's seemed to be the case with Dawkins the past 2 seasons as his game has gradually diminished.   He was pretty average at LT last year.........nowhere CLOSE to Trent Williams level of play..........and that's why people are eyeing up a replacement ASAP.   

• Agree 2

19 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

Robert Edwards was playing at a pro bowl volleyball match when it happened, terrible though as he was a very good RB up until that point.

Knees and sand still aren't a good match - if they were NFL: teams would have sand pits. Your foot sticks in the sand while you're running or you twist and your knee can blow up like it did for Edwards - you don't even need a volleyball or net...

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/21/2023 at 11:05 AM, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

The Bills need to draft more players that look like this at the combine.  Guys with physiques like this will surely have long, successful NFL careers!  I wonder what Aaron is up to these days?

aaronmaybin.jpg

John Butler really stuck it to Ralph on that one!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.