Chicago

6 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Buddy, you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about. Maybe just sit this one out instead of declaring your   ignorance to the world.  

You live in Chicago. You know more about this than any of us.  What do you think the City of Chicago could do about it?

29 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

You live in Chicago. You know more about this than any of us.  What do you think the City of Chicago could do about it?

I don’t think there’s anything the city can do to stop the gun violence. So long as criminals can easily get guns from Indiana (and to a lesser extent Wisconsin) and bring them here, Chicago will always be an outlier for gun violence. 

What the city can and should do is focus on investing in the problematic neighborhoods. I had posted a long response a couple of posts ago, but Chicago has basically disinvested in certain neighborhoods and that’s primarily where we see the violent crime. Addressing the root causes that lead someone to commit crimes before they do will help mitigate the issue. 

Invest in schools, eliminate food deserts, provide wraparound services, replace lead service lines, increase the number of violence interrupters, etc.

The city is currently expanding its summer work program where older kids can work and get paid during the summer, which is great to see. It helps keep them off the streets and provides them a path to stability. More things like that would help. 

4 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

There are many reasons Chicago is an outlier in gun violence when compared to NYC and LA. As I stated several times, the real outliers for homicides are St. Louis and New Orleans, but because they are smaller, they don’t have as large raw numbers and therefore don’t generate the clickbait headlines. 

A large driver of the violence is that Chicago borders one state with lax gun laws and is less than two hours from another. Illinois and Chicago have enacted gun laws that have made it difficult for criminals to get guns here, but they can still get them next door. That’s why around 60% of the guns used in crimes here come from out of state. One Indiana store less than 5 miles from the city is responsible for over 800 guns recovered from crime scenes in Chicago alone. Neither NYC nor LA have this problem and there’s very little any Dem in Chicago can do to stop it. 

People on this board seem to think that just because someone has a “D” after their name that they all believe the same things and policies. This despite the fact that the Chicago mayoral election that just happened was between two Dems with very different views on how to handle crime. One simply wanted to hire more cops. The other wanted more detectives and more focus on preventative measures. It’s telling that all of the neighborhoods with high crime rates voted for the latter, not the former. That might have something to do with the fact that Chicago has 1.5-2x as many cops per resident as similar sized cities. Throwing more cops at the problem would be the definition of doing the same thing and expecting different results. Combining our high number of cops to handle crime when it occurs with an effort to stop crime before it occurs by addressing the root causes of crime seemed to resonate with the people most affected by crime. 

Also, Chicago always has had contentious politics, even if the politicians ostensibly belonged to the same party. Just look at the Council Wars of the 1980’s.

Chicago also has a history is disinvestment in certain areas of the city. Despite routinely ranking highly on things like business relocations, tourism, etc, Chicago also has food deserts: areas where there is little to no access to fresh food like produce. We also closed down dozens of schools in a way that necessitates kids crossing gang territory to get to school. It shouldn’t surprise anyone that these same areas often still have lead service lines as well. 

In these areas, we’ve basically created incubators for crime through this disinvestment. Kids growing up poor with little opportunity, having to travel through dangerous areas to get an education, potentially impacted by polluted water. They might see crime as the only way they can “make it” or even gang life as the only way to have protection to get around safely.

No amount of “tough on crime” policy is going to fix that. There has always been a tension between investment in the business districts, especially the Loop, versus the surrounding neighborhoods.

When you have easy access to guns due to neighboring red state policies combined with people growing up in pockets of the city where there is a lack of opportunity due to disinvestment, you’re going to have violent crime. Mayors can have an effect on the latter issue, trying to balance a business friendly environment with generating enough revenue to invest in the city. But there isn’t much they can do about the guns. So long as Indiana (and to a lesser degree Wisconsin), make it easy to smuggle guns into Chicago, the city is going to have a gun problem. 

So yeah, when people say that the problem is “voting Dem” they are ignoring the fact that there is a variety of types of Dems in the city, and the fact that one of the biggest drivers of gun violence in Chicago is the Republicans next door. 

In Florida we have easy access to guns across the state but still there are only a few areas that gun violence problems, so to me that is a weak argument. I will agree that Blue cities surrounded by Red areas seem to fair worse, but blaming it on gun access is the wrong direction.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

In Florida we have easy access to guns across the state but still there are only a few areas that gun violence problems, so to me that is a weak argument. I will agree that Blue cities surrounded by Red areas seem to fair worse, but blaming it on gun access is the wrong direction.

Florida’s gun laws are stricter than Indiana’s

3 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

I don’t think there’s anything the city can do to stop the gun violence. So long as criminals can easily get guns from Indiana (and to a lesser extent Wisconsin) and bring them here, Chicago will always be an outlier for gun violence. 

What the city can and should do is focus on investing in the problematic neighborhoods. I had posted a long response a couple of posts ago, but Chicago has basically disinvested in certain neighborhoods and that’s primarily where we see the violent crime. Addressing the root causes that lead someone to commit crimes before they do will help mitigate the issue. 

Invest in schools, eliminate food deserts, provide wraparound services, replace lead service lines, increase the number of violence interrupters, etc.

The city is currently expanding its summer work program where older kids can work and get paid during the summer, which is great to see. It helps keep them off the streets and provides them a path to stability. More things like that would help. 

I think your suggestions and assessment are credible but I believe the City of Chicago is in a death spiral to ruin.  Companies like Tyson, Boeing, Caterpillar. Citadel, and a host of downtown retailers have abandoned the city.  Mainly because of crime and safety issues the city refuses to address.  This trend will likely continue.  The new mayor is worse then the previous.  

The causes of crime are varied and an understanding into the minds of people living in povery is necessary.  One cause of crime can be the perpetrators fear no consequences for their acts.  I think this is major factor here.  Politicians transforming criminals into victims while ignoring the real victims.  That's a real turn off for law abiding citizens and an incentive to split.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I think your suggestions and assessment are credible but I believe the City of Chicago is in a death spiral to ruin.  Companies like Tyson, Boeing, Caterpillar. Citadel, and a host of downtown retailers have abandoned the city.  Mainly because of crime and safety issues the city refuses to address.  This trend will likely continue.  The new mayor is worse then the previous.  

The causes of crime are varied and an understanding into the minds of people living in povery is necessary.  One cause of crime can be the perpetrators fear no consequences for their acts.  I think this is major factor here.  Politicians transforming criminals into victims while ignoring the real victims.  That's a real turn off for law abiding citizens and an incentive to split.

I think this is a good example of what I’ve trying to point out: people with no knowledge of the situation taking sensationalist headlines and pretending they know what they are taking about. 

Chicago actually ranks number one for business relocations and expansions. Sure, some companies leave, but many more move in. 

“Many point to the departures of big employers such as Caterpillar and Citadel as examples. Boeing also is frequently cited, although its headquarters move from Chicago involved few jobs being shifted.

“I guess data can belie the perception,” said Adam Bruns, the magazine’s managing editor. “High-profile departures can sometimes overshadow the arrivals.”

He said Cook and its nearby counties are reaping the benefits of location in the center of the country and access to a deep labor pool.

Bruns also said Chicago has enjoyed “good sustainable momentum in a number of economic sectors,including technology, life sciences and data centers. The region’s leaders, he said, are cooperating to meet challenges with “creative solutions, bold programs and the sort of candor and openness that’s almost Chicago’s brand.”

For 2022, Site Selection counted a record 448 business relocations or expansions in the Chicago-Naperville-Elgin metro area, which takes in southeast Wisconsin and northwest Indiana. It finished ahead of the Dallas-Fort Worth area, which had 426 projects to rank second among metros with a population of more than 1 million people.“

The idea that Chicago is in a death spiral is laughable to anyone who actually lives here. Keep scapegoating and pushing your ignorance. Chicago will be just fine. 

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

I think this is a good example of what I’ve trying to point out: people with no knowledge of the situation taking sensationalist headlines and pretending they know what they are taking about. 

Chicago actually ranks number one for business relocations and expansions. Sure, some companies leave, but many more move in. 

“Many point to the departures of big employers such as Caterpillar and Citadel as examples. Boeing also is frequently cited, although its headquarters move from Chicago involved few jobs being shifted.

“I guess data can belie the perception,” said Adam Bruns, the magazine’s managing editor. “High-profile departures can sometimes overshadow the arrivals.”

He said Cook and its nearby counties are reaping the benefits of location in the center of the country and access to a deep labor pool.

Bruns also said Chicago has enjoyed “good sustainable momentum in a number of economic sectors,including technology, life sciences and data centers. The region’s leaders, he said, are cooperating to meet challenges with “creative solutions, bold programs and the sort of candor and openness that’s almost Chicago’s brand.”

For 2022, Site Selection counted a record 448 business relocations or expansions in the Chicago-Naperville-Elgin metro area, which takes in southeast Wisconsin and northwest Indiana. It finished ahead of the Dallas-Fort Worth area, which had 426 projects to rank second among metros with a population of more than 1 million people.“

The idea that Chicago is in a death spiral is laughable to anyone who actually lives here. Keep scapegoating and pushing your ignorance. Chicago will be just fine. 

you said solutions to the gun violence are the fault of other states and investment and talk about scapegoating? not a word about the actual criminals and how soft your justice system has gotten. the entire internet made memes about how your "leaders" were on track to implement the purge law. to see the brutal murder numbers every single holiday weekend is not ignorance simply because we do not live there. just look how the boogie man trump sent feds in during the riots and actually helped the city curb alot of its murders and crime during a very violent time period only to be ridiculed as a fascist takeover. 

your city is in a death spiral because noone has the guts to hold the people actually destroying it accountable. just like all pro was saying and as you neglected. "chicago will be just fine". i think PARTS of chicago will be just fine. most likely the side your on which is why your so confident. the rest is showing up as tragedies all the time. 

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

you said solutions to the gun violence are the fault of other states and investment and talk about scapegoating? not a word about the actual criminals and how soft your justice system has gotten. the entire internet made memes about how your "leaders" were on track to implement the purge law. to see the brutal murder numbers every single holiday weekend is not ignorance simply because we do not live there. just look how the boogie man trump sent feds in during the riots and actually helped the city curb alot of its murders and crime during a very violent time period only to be ridiculed as a fascist takeover. 

your city is in a death spiral because noone has the guts to hold the people actually destroying it accountable. just like all pro was saying and as you neglected. "chicago will be just fine". i think PARTS of chicago will be just fine. most likely the side your on which is why your so confident. the rest is showing up as tragedies all the time. 

Oh no! Memes!?!! Memes about Chicago??? That refutes everything! Shut it down people! We don’t need peer reviewed science, facts, data, basic logic, or a single citation to literally anything; somebody on the internet has memes!

Lol. What a joke. The purge law?!? You cannot possibly be so gullible as to believe that nonsense. I refuse to believe that there are people that dumb who can still write words. And yet, here we are. 

Rochester is more deadly than Chicago but I don’t see anyone here constantly railing about that. You’re all drinking the Kool Aid solely because it makes you feel good. Maybe spend a little time actually trying to understand reality and the issues or you can just shut up and go back to your circle jerk.

58 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Oh no! Memes!?!! Memes about Chicago??? That refutes everything! Shut it down people! We don’t need peer reviewed science, facts, data, basic logic, or a single citation to literally anything; somebody on the internet has memes!

Lol. What a joke. The purge law?!? You cannot possibly be so gullible as to believe that nonsense. I refuse to believe that there are people that dumb who can still write words. And yet, here we are. 

Rochester is more deadly than Chicago but I don’t see anyone here constantly railing about that. You’re all drinking the Kool Aid solely because it makes you feel good. Maybe spend a little time actually trying to understand reality and the issues or you can just shut up and go back to your circle jerk.

lol. what? it wasnt about the memes man. it was about the rediculous law that was actually put forth everyone was laughing at. kidnapping is non detainable? arson? second degree murder? so i can make sure witnesses are taken care of? go to the funeral? rediculous. sorry me and the rest of the country are "so gullable". why was that pushed forward? equity and inclusion? hows that working out anyways? lets do a quick google search

https://abcnews.go.com/US/53-people-shot-11-fatally-violent-memorial-day/story?id=99691001

first thing that pops up 53 shot 11 dead. like i said EVERY holiday weekend. is that reality or a meme? im not sure what you think makes me feel good that a city in america has this type of violence going on. if rochester has the same issues i say the exact same thing. who do you blame? Pennsylvania? but guess what? i live in a liberal city too. i don't take it personally when people point out the obvious problems or get all butt hurt like its some great myth simply because its not being ignored. you keep hope that neighboring states will come through and properly govern yours while the rest of us drink kool aid and construct memes. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

lol. what? it wasnt about the memes man. it was about the rediculous law that was actually put forth everyone was laughing at. kidnapping is non detainable? arson? second degree murder? so i can make sure witnesses are taken care of? go to the funeral? rediculous. sorry me and the rest of the country are "so gullable". why was that pushed forward? equity and inclusion? hows that working out anyways? lets do a quick google search

https://abcnews.go.com/US/53-people-shot-11-fatally-violent-memorial-day/story?id=99691001

first thing that pops up 53 shot 11 dead. like i said EVERY holiday weekend. is that reality or a meme? im not sure what you think makes me feel good that a city in america has this type of violence going on. if rochester has the same issues i say the exact same thing. who do you blame? Pennsylvania? but guess what? i live in a liberal city too. i don't take it personally when people point out the obvious problems or get all butt hurt like its some great myth simply because its not being ignored. you keep hope that neighboring states will come through and properly govern yours while the rest of us drink kool aid and construct memes. 

Quite a lot of text and absolutely no citation or evidence to support the ludicrous claim of a purge law. 

6 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Quite a lot of text and absolutely no citation or evidence to support the ludicrous claim of a purge law. 

serious? you live there and you want text and citation? is it true or not. how bout we focus on the ludicrous citation i did provide that has 2 toddlers among the 53 shot. how bout we put ANYONE who illegal carries under the fu**** prison system until it become cystal clear that carrying guns like its a set of car keys will no longer be tolerated. how bout we go back to stop and frisk in areas we know violent gangs hang out because we know who is going to take a life its just a matter of when. how bout we bring fed support in like trump did with full resoources of the gov to hunt down people that kill children and put them under the fuc*** prison system. how bout liberals put the same emphasis and energy on saving lives taking guns away from criminals as they do trying to take them from law abiding people. lets just try all that for awhile. how bout we clean the criminal trash off the streets and THEN talk about investing in neighborhoods and children so its not just a nicer place riddled with violence. its a SAFE investment to make progress.

if it makes no difference everyone can go right back to shaking your fists at neighboring states and ignoring black on black crime like it is now. no harm no foul. 

deal? 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

serious? you live there and you want text and citation? is it true or not. how bout we focus on the ludicrous citation i did provide that has 2 toddlers among the 53 shot. how bout we put ANYONE who illegal carries under the fu**** prison system until it become cystal clear that carrying guns like its a set of car keys will no longer be tolerated. how bout we go back to stop and frisk in areas we know violent gangs hang out because we know who is going to take a life its just a matter of when. how bout we bring fed support in like trump did with full resoources of the gov to hunt down people that kill children and put them under the fuc*** prison system. how bout liberals put the same emphasis and energy on saving lives taking guns away from criminals as they do trying to take them from law abiding people. lets just try all that for awhile. how bout we clean the criminal trash off the streets and THEN talk about investing in neighborhoods and children so its not just a nicer place riddled with violence. its a SAFE investment to make progress.

if it makes no difference everyone can go right back to shaking your fists at neighboring states and ignoring black on black crime like it is now. no harm no foul. 

deal? 

You made the claim that there was a purge law. You now refuse to provide any evidence to back your claim and instead try to distract. It’s really hard to take your rantings as credible in any way. 

Next time, do your homework before coming to someone who actually lives in Chicago with absolute nonsense like a purge law.

I’d like to stop criminals from getting guns in the first place, but that would require the Republican Party actually caring about dead kids. Which is about as likely winning the lotto.

You seem to only care about crime after it happens, which seems like a poor way to prevent it. You also seem to have a very poor grasp on how law enforcement works, what proponents of reform actually want and what is truth versus what is fiction. 

Also, it’s kind of interesting how quickly threads on this site end up with blaming black people for problems…

Edited by ChiGoose

48 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

You made the claim that there was a purge law. You now refuse to provide any evidence to back your claim and instead try to distract. It’s really hard to take your rantings as credible in any way. 

Next time, do your homework before coming to someone who actually lives in Chicago with absolute nonsense like a purge law.

I’d like to stop criminals from getting guns in the first place, but that would require the Republican Party actually caring about dead kids. Which is about as likely winning the lotto.

You seem to only care about crime after it happens, which seems like a poor way to prevent it. You also seem to have a very poor grasp on how law enforcement works, what proponents of reform actually want and what is truth versus what is fiction. 

Also, it’s kind of interesting how quickly threads on this site end up with blaming black people for problems…

i don't care if its true and havent done a lick of research on another states law. the fact it was out there is the point. that somthing that absurd coming from a liberal DA has any validity was the entire point. jesus. i love that is your focus on this like its some kind of own when i give you a story on a 53 person victim of violence in a single weekend. sorry wont be researching how insane your purge law is or isnt so you can avoid the actual topic. whatever insanity it has or doesnt ITS ALL NOT WORKING!

blaming black people? the hell are you talking about? i said criminals. i said violent gangs. is that the conclusion YOU thought up? i said you can go back to ignoring black on black crime. which is true....and? what about it. your ignoring 53 people shot in this very conversation. you want citations on racial statistics to prove what race your most likely ignoring? 

anyways. your answer is no. got it. keep on doing what is working. harsh enforcement today sends messages tomorrow. saves lives NOW. we see the kinder gentler results and rehabilitation happening. how many have died from bail reform alone. i know there was a major story in my city do to it. putting investment and all that is great if you don't mind losing lives until its effects are accomplished and that may never happen regardless how much liberals wish it into existence. so keep focusing on those republicans that are the problem in your democratic strong hold city. im sure it will work itself out holiday weekend after weekend.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/absence-of-evidence-gun-laws/amp/

You still are avoiding my point which is that even in places like FL, where we can't blame other states, the gun violence is mainly in specific places, namely the blue places. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

i don't care if its true and havent done a lick of research on another states law. the fact it was out there is the point. that somthing that absurd coming from a liberal DA has any validity was the entire point. jesus. i love that is your focus on this like its some kind of own when i give you a story on a 53 person victim of violence in a single weekend. sorry wont be researching how insane your purge law is or isnt so you can avoid the actual topic. whatever insanity it has or doesnt ITS ALL NOT WORKING!

blaming black people? the hell are you talking about? i said criminals. i said violent gangs. is that the conclusion YOU thought up? i said you can go back to ignoring black on black crime. which is true....and? what about it. your ignoring 53 people shot in this very conversation. you want citations on racial statistics to prove what race your most likely ignoring? 

anyways. your answer is no. got it. keep on doing what is working. harsh enforcement today sends messages tomorrow. saves lives NOW. we see the kinder gentler results and rehabilitation happening. how many have died from bail reform alone. i know there was a major story in my city do to it. putting investment and all that is great if you don't mind losing lives until its effects are accomplished and that may never happen regardless how much liberals wish it into existence. so keep focusing on those republicans that are the problem in your democratic strong hold city. im sure it will work itself out holiday weekend after weekend.

You made a claim, provided no evidence, and now say it doesn’t matter if it’s true, the fact that you thought it might be true means that it might as well be true? You expect anyone to find that convincing?

You then brought out black on black crime out of nowhere, making the ludicrous claim that it’s something that people ignore. Then you pretended I was the one who brought up race when I had never mentioned it before you raised it? Do you not read the things you write?

Tough on crime policies alone do not work. When a kid picks up a gun to commit a crime, he isn’t thinking about whether he’s going to get 20 years or 25. I think we should be trying to stop the next kid from picking up the gun but apparently you believe that is being soft on crime somehow. 

And if you’re going to ask how many people have died from bail reform maybe you can look that up yourself. I’m not google. Or are you doing the “just asking questions” BS to make a claim without having to defend it or support it in anyway?

Edited by ChiGoose

51 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/absence-of-evidence-gun-laws/amp/

You still are avoiding my point which is that even in places like FL, where we can't blame other states, the gun violence is mainly in specific places, namely the blue places. 

So you don’t think it’s relevant that most of the guns used in crimes in Chicago come from red states?

Also, you’re basically saying that crime happens where people are. 

11 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

So you don’t think it’s relevant that most of the guns used in crimes in Chicago come from red states?

Since I am certain there are more guns in my town than households and we have had zero violent attacks in 20 years I will state unequivocally that access to guns is not the biggest issue for violent crime, fix that issue and criminals will figure out another way. Secondly if you mean crime seems to happen where people are densely packed, I agree. But why is Hinsdale and Naperville not nearly as affected by these problems? I assume they are still as nice as 2010, it has been a while since I visited 

You made a claim, provided no evidence, and now say it doesn’t matter if it’s true, the fact that you thought it might be true means that it might as well be true? You expect anyone to find that convincing?

still on this? 

why would i convince you Illinois is passing insane soft on crime laws? you live there. google purge law and it pops up for all the info you need. explain to me what i said that is so out there about it since this is what you want to make the primary focus of the discussion.

https://nypost.com/2022/09/17/illinois-no-cash-bail-law-will-turn-the-state-into-the-purge/

this is written by a reporter that grew up there. so none of this "people making up s#/+ that dont live here". looks to me the claims i made are in direct line with what it does. say crime is way up since its passage. violent criminals get 48 hours to take care of witnesses before they are even in violation of house arrest. jesus! i was joking about that! overall seems to care more about the accused comfort then the publics saftey. typical liberal modern law enforcement.

can we move on now? 

You then brought out black on black crime out of nowhere, making the ludicrous claim that it’s something that people ignore. Then you pretended I was the one who brought up race when I had never mentioned it before you raised it? Do you not read the things you write?

i answered this in my last reply. as much as you want to make the main topic purge laws we are talking about gun violence and crime in chicago. the fact you think black on black violence is "out of nowhere" really just reinforces my point that its being ignored. like i said, no race was used in any other point i made. YOU are injecting it. pointing out a fact is not me condemning a entire race. trying to suggest it was my focus is disingenuous but typical.

Tough on crime policies alone do not work. When a kid picks up a gun to commit a crime, he isn’t thinking about whether he’s going to get 20 years or 25. I think we should be trying to stop the next kid from picking up the gun but apparently you believe that is being soft on crime somehow. 

its a start. you have to do something immediate and drastic if you really want to save lives NOW. the "next" kid might not have a chance to make the right decision because the kid who doesnt care about 20 or 25 DEFINITELY doesn't care about the soft on crime hopefully down the road investments you think will make a difference. 

And if you’re going to ask how many people have died from bail reform maybe you can look that up yourself. I’m not google. Or are you doing the “just asking questions” BS to make a claim without having to defend it or support it in anyway?

holy crap it was rhetorical because its obvious. i dont think you have to look up statistics to know that people HAVE been murdered by violent criminals who otherwise would be alive if "bail reform" was not implemented. its called common sense and general understanding of the world around me. liberal DAs and judges are destroying peoples lives by letting obvious outcomes happen. but since "your not google" here is the example i was speaking about.  

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/her-attacker-freed-without-bail-questions-arise-could-more-have-been-done-to-save-keaira/article_087c05d4-4bc1-11ed-93c1-d75c075871f7.html

so now according to goose logic 1 life has been taken due to democrat garbage bail reform. no others exist because he hasnt been given in depth research and statistics on outlandish unsupported bs claims he avoids informing himself of. 🙄

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

I can't confirm this as much as I like, but is this article accurate? If true this is what does guns have to do with anything. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1

3 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I can't confirm this as much as I like, but is this article accurate? If true this is what does guns have to do with anything. 

You mean the John Kass who worked at the Chicago Tribune for 38 years ?

What would he know about it.

😎

• Haha (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2023 at 7:48 AM, Orlando Tim said:

Those cities have been there will be there. Nothing has changed.

Time is never running out for these cities the facts don’t match your feelings

12 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Those cities have been there will be there. Nothing has changed.

Time is never running out for these cities the facts don’t match your feelings

Remote work and covid changed the game. No longer do people have to deal with the insane crime and cost of living in a city, just for the job.

Chicago Like San Fran is having huge issues with large companies moving out and not moving in.

But then again, its Illinois and they are near the top for net domestic migration out of it.

The Illinois Exodus Increases (accountingsolutionsltd.com)

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Remote work and covid changed the game. No longer do people have to deal with the insane crime and cost of living in a city, just for the job.

Chicago Like San Fran is having huge issues with large companies moving out and not moving in.

But then again, its Illinois and they are near the top for net domestic migration out of it.

The Illinois Exodus Increases (accountingsolutionsltd.com)

Yup.  And it's not going to get better but only get worse.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

The city of Chicago might as well not exist to Democrats on the national stage.

Yes, that party has ruled the city with an iron fist since 1931, and the dead there has a remarkable turnout rate for elections, but in Washington, DC, the city doesn’t exist. Joe Biden and the swamp gang don’t mention it because they’d have to acknowledge the piles of dead bodies the city racks up annually. While they’ll show up occasionally in the region for a photo-op, they won’t talk about the murders, the drugs, or the terror citizens there feel on a daily basis. It is, for lack of a more perfect word, evil.

Republicans have zero say over what happens in Chicago; everything terrible there is directly a result of liberal policies. All the blood spilled drips off the hands of Democrats. They know it; they don’t care. 

Why would they? What consequences have Democrats faced for their failure? In the last 92 years, there hasn’t been a blip on the radar of a threat to Democrats winning elections there, so why would anyone give a damn? The city had a chance to pull up, just a little, from its nosedive when they tossed out the incompetent Lori Lightfoot in the mayoral primary last year. But rather than go with a more sane option, they voted for someone even worse. The new Mayor gets more upset when someone refers to murderous goons as a mob than he does any of the murders in the city.

Why is anyone supposed to care if the people who live there don’t? If you continually vote for people who beat the hell out of you, why would people care that you’re regularly getting the hell beat out of you? 

Still, it’s an embarrassment to Democrats to see what Chicago has become. The same goes for Detroit, Baltimore, Philadelphia, St. Louis, and every other city controlled by Democrats for generations. Not all the crime, not all the death, the pointing out of the crime and the death by Republicans. That’s what Democrats are concerned with – the extent to which the white, suburban chardonnay-swilling soccer mom who votes blindly for Democrats become aware of the indifference with which the progressive power structure views human life and how those dots are connected in their heads between the violence and their “safe” lives. If those voters realize they aren’t more than a few election cycles away from their quiet slice of life being overrun by the same mentality, they might not slavishly vote and donate to Democrats.

These Democrats in power only care about anything to the extent that it can harm their electoral prospects. In these killing fields called cities, those electoral prospects are unburdened by responsibility – Democrats will continue to mine the votes of people who’d elected the morons they’ve elected to mayor’s offices in perpetuity. It’s the suburbs they’re afraid of losing. 

https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2023/08/20/column-n2627260#google_vignette

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not just Chicago

Minneapolis has been one of the worst hit, recording 1,899 Kia and Hyundai theft reports this year. That's a full 18 times higher than the same period last year. Cleveland, St. Louis, New York, Seattle, Atlanta, and Grand Rapids have also seen year-on-year rises

The root of the problem is that Hyundai and Kia originally built these vehicles without immobilizers. This simple technology prevents the engine from starting unless the car picks up a signal from a properly coded chip inside the key.

A reported 8.3 million Kia and Hyundai vehicles are affected by this problem. The ease of stealing these cars has led to instructional theft guides being posted on TikTok and other social media platforms.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/kia-and-hyundai-car-thefts-continue-to-rise-in-several-us-cities

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Not just Chicago

Minneapolis has been one of the worst hit, recording 1,899 Kia and Hyundai theft reports this year. That's a full 18 times higher than the same period last year. Cleveland, St. Louis, New York, Seattle, Atlanta, and Grand Rapids have also seen year-on-year rises

The root of the problem is that Hyundai and Kia originally built these vehicles without immobilizers. This simple technology prevents the engine from starting unless the car picks up a signal from a properly coded chip inside the key.

A reported 8.3 million Kia and Hyundai vehicles are affected by this problem. The ease of stealing these cars has led to instructional theft guides being posted on TikTok and other social media platforms.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/kia-and-hyundai-car-thefts-continue-to-rise-in-several-us-cities

The two cities have more in common than automobile theft. Both have had the “benefit” of uninterrupted one party governance for decades. I wonder if there’s anything at all in the policies enacted over the decades that contributes to today’s problems. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

The two cities have more in common than automobile theft. Both have had the “benefit” of uninterrupted one party governance for decades. I wonder if there’s anything at all in the policies enacted over the decades that contributes to today’s problems. 

Trump's fault. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

People vote for whoever they want , do you want to do away with that system ?

7 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Trump's fault. 

The nutjobs believe car theft and other crimes such as shoplifting are forms of reparations so therefore are not crimes.  Until of course, their car gets stolen or they get robbed and then its an issue!  The liberals message is as long as one of us isn't the victim we don't care.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ALF said:

People vote for whoever they want , do you want to do away with that system ?

brilliant response. Tiberias-level even. You get what you vote for. In this case, rampant car theft and blaming the car manufacturers for it.

15 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

brilliant response. Tiberias-level even. You get what you vote for. In this case, rampant car theft and blaming the car manufacturers for it.

Exactly , if voters don't learn from their mistake it's on them. I'm not for catch and release  , no bail,  even for minors. They have to jail car thieves , shoplifting and smash and grab just to name a few.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ALF said:

Exactly , if voters don't learn from their mistake it's on them. I'm not for catch and release  , no bail,  even for minors. They have to jail car thieves , shoplifting and smash and grab just to name a few.

They will blame anyone but the criminals, it's the democratic way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2