Chicago

Could have easily gone in the Liberals are ill thread.

Chicago Mayor: Chicago's Decline Caused by White Supremacists

846d1d80-5c9c-4eb1-80ee-8492a5aa88ae-450

I keep on telling myself that the citizens of cities in decline don’t “deserve” to suffer the consequences of elections. After all, in most cases, the majority of the people living in those cities actually didn’t vote for the idiots who wind up in office. If the people who did suffer alone, I would be fine with it, but Mayors like Brandon Johnson in Chicago (and Lori Lightfoot before him) were elected mainly on the backs of votes from public sector unions and people who reflexively vote Democrat (or who inhabit the cemeteries of  Chicago.

After the disastrous reign of Lori Lightfoot, the voting public in that City decided to install an even worse Mayor. Brandon Johnson is, if anything,

less competent and more racist than Lightfoot, and because of that, he spews even more disgusting bile at his fellow citizens than she.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/11/29/chicago-mayor-chicagos-decline-caused-by-white-supremacists-n595521

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, B-Man said:

Could have easily gone in the Liberals are ill thread.

Chicago Mayor: Chicago's Decline Caused by White Supremacists

846d1d80-5c9c-4eb1-80ee-8492a5aa88ae-450

I keep on telling myself that the citizens of cities in decline don’t “deserve” to suffer the consequences of elections. After all, in most cases, the majority of the people living in those cities actually didn’t vote for the idiots who wind up in office. If the people who did suffer alone, I would be fine with it, but Mayors like Brandon Johnson in Chicago (and Lori Lightfoot before him) were elected mainly on the backs of votes from public sector unions and people who reflexively vote Democrat (or who inhabit the cemeteries of  Chicago.

After the disastrous reign of Lori Lightfoot, the voting public in that City decided to install an even worse Mayor. Brandon Johnson is, if anything,

less competent and more racist than Lightfoot, and because of that, he spews even more disgusting bile at his fellow citizens than she.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/11/29/chicago-mayor-chicagos-decline-caused-by-white-supremacists-n595521

I don't feel sorry at all for the people in Chicago. They voted for it and now deal with the consequences. This Mayor Johnson is a real racist POS.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 11/29/2023 at 7:35 PM, Tiberius said:

I was shocked by this but then realized she is speaking of suicides as being equal to murder. To pretend that suicide and murder have the same corrective plan is stupid. The murder rate in Chicago is 1 in 5000 while in Mississippi it is 1 in 14000. Neither number is good but one is clearly much worse. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

I was shocked by this but then realized she is speaking of suicides as being equal to murder. To pretend that suicide and murder have the same corrective plan is stupid. The murder rate in Chicago is 1 in 5000 while in Mississippi it is 1 in 14000. Neither number is good but one is clearly much worse. 

Suicide equal to murder?  That's idiotic.

• Agree 2

Business as usual.

One of Chicago’s longest-serving Democratic lawmakers convicted of racketeering, bribery and attempted extortion

by Victor Nava

Former Chicago Alderman Ed Burke, one of the most powerful and longest-serving politicians in the Windy City, was found guilty Thursday of racketeering, bribery and attempted extortion after a six-week-long federal corruption trial. The 79-year-old Democrat was convicted on 13 of the 14 charges leveled against him in a 2019 federal indictment accusing the veteran Chicago City Council member of using his position to steer business from private developers to his law firm. 

https://nypost.com/2023/12/21/news/chicago-alderman-ed-burke-convicted-of-racketeering-bribery/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=nypost