My Live 7 Round Mock Draft

gonzo1105

I wanted to put this out there for fun as I have been doing this for years on another website but rarely share because people tend to be toxic when I don't do A, B, or C. I expect that to happen with a certain position I didn't take in this draft lol. To give background on this. This is not a computer simulation. This is legit 32 fans of 32 different teams getting together and drafting for their favorite teams.  You also have to work out trades with them before or on the clock. I will admit that it is much harder to get true trade value chart because people value draft picks as it is the whole point of the thing. I'll provide highlights on the players I took as well.

With that said I figured I'd share and start with the Trades I made during the draft to give background.

Trades: Buffalo trades # 27 and # 130 to Philadelphia for # 30 and # 94, Buffalo trades # 30 to Detroit for # 48, 81, and 194.  Buffalo trades # 48 and # 194 to Green Bay for # 45 and # 256, Buffalo trades # 94 to Green Bay for  # 105 and # 149

Buffalo picks after the trades are #45, #59, #81,#91, #105, # 137, # 149, #205, #256

Pick #45- Dawand Jones OT Ohio State University

- Is he the best fit for the Bills, I would say no but I think whether we like it or not the Bills would like to add a power element to their team and Jones certainly fits that. I also thought he was good value at this pick. He could go in the teens with the right team or he could go right around this spot. I moved up because a lot of the players the Bills would target went right before this which was a Killer. Addison went # 39, Flowers # 40, Campbell # 41. The other guy I considered that was still on the board was Trenton Simpson who went 49th but I do not think he is a MLB in the NFL so I went with Jones

Pick # 59- Tucker Kraft TE South Dakota State University

- Anyone who knows me on this board, I have been hyping Tucker Kraft for awhile. When it comes to perfect fits Kraft is that guy. He is a do it all TE. He can stretch the seams, run underneath, and the guy can block which is rare of TE's this day and age. He would be a great compliment to Dawson Knox. The Bills have met with him as well so there is legit interest there it would appear.  Other guy I considered at this pick was Keeanu Benton a DT from Wisconsin.

Pick # 81- Tyler Scott WR Cincinnati

- I really like Tyler Scott as a 2nd-3rd round prospect. He is fast and shifty and is a Level 3 player when it comes to taking the top off of a defense. With that said he is very good as a route runner and can work all 3 areas of the field. He is a former RB so he's tough and can take hits. His downside is he has a slight build but I do believe he can play inside and outside in the NFL.  Other guys considered were DB Jartavius Martin, Luke Wypler C Ohio State, and Sydney Brown S Illinois.

Pick # 91- Jartavius Martin Safety University of Illinois

- What I love about Martin is his versatility. Most people believe that he will be a nickel CB and he can certainly be really good in the NFL at it but he also can play Safety at a high level in the NFL in my opinion. He is not a big guy as you'll see in the video but the man can tackle and he is very versatile as he played nickel, safety, boundary, and in the box at Illinois.  Other guys considered at this pick were Riley Moss CB Iowa, Dorian Williams LB Tulane

Pick # 105- Chase Brown RB University of Illinois

- Why leave Illinois when I could just take another player from there. This pick was made before the Damien Harris signing but I might have still taken him because I love the player. I think Brown is a juiced up Austin Ekeler. I think he can either work in a committee or as a lead back.  Other guys considered were: LB Dorian Williams and OG Andrew Vorhees

Pick # 137- Nick Saldiveri OC/OG Old Dominion University

- Earlier in the draft I took Dawand Jones at my future RT and early in the 5th round I take Saldiveri who's future is either at Center or Guard which works out perfectly for the Bills because they will need a Morse replacement in one way or the other whether its Saldiveri himself or if Bates moves there Saldiveri can take over the Guard spot. I believe that Saldiveri is a 3rd round prospect and I got him in Round 5 here.  Other guys considered LB Ivan Pace Jr.

Pick # 149- K.J. Henry DE University of Clemson

- I was so on the fence with this pick, I was choosing basically between Henry and Ivan Pace Jr(who I love and reminds me of 6th round pick Malcolm Rodriguez). Its funny because after I made this pick the GM at 150 admitted he was going to take Henry at 150 and then Pace was taken at 151. So I was in a win/lose situation either way. Henry has never lived up to his hype but his potential is so high if he can every just get there. I feel like I might have reached a little here but this team needs some more punch at the Edge position.  Kind of reminds me of Shaq Lawson to be honest.

Pick # 205- Brodric Martin DT Western Kentucky

- This is a complete flyer to be honest with you. I can't even find a set of highlights for the guy. He is raw as raw can be. He's 6'5 335 pounds with 34 inch arms and an 84 inch wingspan. He also has visits with the Eagles and Chiefs for top 30 visits coming up. This 1T is a complete developmental project. With a 6th rounder if he fails its no big deal but if he hits he could be an absolute monster in the NFL. Others considered with this pick were: Jerrod Clark DT Coastal Carolina, Ben VanSumeran LB Michigan State

Pick # 256- Kaevon Merriweather Safety Iowa

- Yup, I went with another safety here. This is due to Special Teams play and overall depth on the roster. Poyer and Hyde could both be in their last years. With Hamlin still a question mark and Martin having positional flexibility I thought taking a pure safety would be wise especially because with 4 picks left Merriweather was still on the board. He is still very new to football and tested alright but nothing to put him on notice. He is a good sound tackler. Needs some refinement in the pass game but he will either be a practice squad or last Safety on the 53 guy to start out with.

That was my Bills draft. I fully expect to get roasted for not taking a MLB but really there was not a guy each time I picked with the exception of Ivan Pace Jr. who is also a very big risk. Let me know what you think of the players.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

This is fun for all of us to do, BUT it’s not realistic - Beane doesn’t have a tendency to trade down and certainly not that much from #27.

like your detail, perhaps you can post one without the trades 

I traded down because the Bills do need more depth at certain positions. I honestly if I stayed at 27 would have taken Dalton Kincaid. I get its not totally realistic but its about as realistic as can be considering its people I dont know. Some of the guys have their own draft websites and they are fans of their own teams. Most people don't know my background nor do I like to brag about it but I was a HS Coach for 8 years and then I became a Recruiting Assistant at a D1 school for 2 years before working in personnel/coaching at the D3 level for another 3 years. At the D1 school, I made some friends in the NFL scouting community that I still talk to from time to time when their not busy and pick their brains about certain players.

• Thank you (+1) 2

It seems like your comments after shoot down your picks. Great effort obviously went into this, but too many trades, and for those reasons we have to chop you.

Edit: I am impressed with your background....if that's any consolation.

Edited by nosejob
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nosejob said:

It seems like your comments after shoot down your picks. Great effort obviously went into this, but too many trades, and for those reasons we have to chop you.

Just highlighting the negatives as well as the positives.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know what was available when you did your simulation, so I don't know if I would have made the Dawand Jones pick.  As you say, I wonder about the scheme fit.  Otherwise, you did a nice job picking players with desirable traits. It was a nice effort.

Just now, Snappysnackcakes said:

I’m horrible with flow charts, which I absolutely need to try to figure out the picks changing hands. Holy smokes. You put some time and effort into this. Could you do one without trades for us kids in the exceptional children classes? 

You just want a mock that I would do without trades? Your the 2nd guy to ask something like this in the thread just want to make sure that I'm getting the question correct.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BigAl2526 said:

I don't know what was available when you did your simulation, so I don't know if I would have made the Dawand Jones pick.  As you say, I wonder about the scheme fit.  Otherwise, you did a nice job picking players with desirable traits. It was a nice effort.

1. Carolina Panthers (f/ CHI) - CJ Stroud, QB, Ohio State
2. Houston Texans - Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida
3. Indianapolis Colts (f/ ARI) - Bryce Young, QB, Alabama
4. Detroit Lions (f/ IND/ARI) - Jalen Carter, DT, Georgia
5. Seattle Seahawks (f/ DEN) - Will Anderson, EDGE, Alabama
6. Arizona Cardinals (f/ LAR/DET) - Tyree Wilson, DE, Texas Tech
7. Las Vegas Raiders - Will Levis, QB, Kentucky
8. Atlanta Falcons - Nolan Smith, EDGE, Georgia
9. Chicago Bears (f/ CAR) - Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern
10. Philadelphia Eagles (f/ NO) - Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon
11. Los Angeles Chargers (f/ TEN) - Quentin Johnson, WR, TCU
12. Houston Texans (f/ CLE) - Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State
13. New York Jets - Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia
14. New England Patriots - Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State
15. Detroit Lions (f/ GB) - Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois
16. Washington Commanders - Joey Porter Jr, CB, Penn State
17. Pittsburgh Steelers - Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee
18. Green Bay Packers (f/ DET) - Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Lukas Van Ness, EDGE, Iowa
20. Seattle Seahawks - Calijah Kancey, DL, Pittsburgh
21. Tennessee Titans (f/ LAC) - Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia
22. Baltimore Ravens - Brian Branch, DB, Alabama
23. Arizona Cardinals (f/ MIN) - Myles Murphy, DE, Clemson
24. Jacksonville Jaguars - Deontae Banks, CB, Maryland
25. New York Giants - Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee
26. Dallas Cowboys - Michael Mayers TE, Notre Dame
27. Philadelphia Eagles (f/ BUF) - Bryan Bresee, DT, Clemson
28. Cincinnati Bengals - Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah
29. New Orleans Saints (f/ SF/MIA/DEN) - Mazi Smith, DT, Michigan
30. Detroit Lions (f/ PHI/BUF) - O'Cyrus Torrence, OG, Florida
31. Houston Texans (f/ KC) - Drew Sanders, LB, Arkansas
 32. Pittsburgh Steelers (f/ CHI) - Cam Smith, CB, South Carolina
33. Houston Texans - Adetomiwa Adebawore, DL, Northwestern
34. Arizona Cardinals - Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi State
35. Minnesota Vikings (f/ IND/ARI) - DJ Turner, CB, Michigan
36. Los Angeles Rams - Hendon Hooker, QB, Tennessee
37. Seattle Seahawks (f/ DEN) - John Michael Schmitz, OL, Minnesota
38. New England Patriots (f/ LV) - Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma
39. Carolina Panthers - Jordan Addison, WR, USC
40. New Orleans Saints - Zay Flowers, WR, Boston College
41. Tennessee Titans - Jack Campbell, LB, Iowa
42. Cleveland Browns - Josh Downs, WR, North Carolina
43. Green Bay Packers (f/ NYJ) - Sam LaPorta, TE, Iowa
44. Las Vegas Raiders (f/ ATL) - Kelee Ringo, CB, Georgia
45. Buffalo Bills (f/ GB) - Dawand Jones, OT, Ohio State
46. Atlanta Falcons (f/ NE/LV) - Siaki Ika, DT, Baylor
47. Washington Commanders - Steve Avila, OL, TCU
48. Green Bay Packers (f/ DET/BUF) - Tyrique Stevenson, CB, Miami
49. Pittsburgh Steelers - Trenton Simpson, LB, Clemson
50. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Cody Mauch, OL, North Dakota State
51. Miami Dolphins - Luke Musgrave, TE, Oregon State
52. Seattle Seahawks - Julius Brents, CB, Kansas State
53. Chicago Bears (f/ BAL) - Keion White, DL, Georgia Tech
54. Cincinnati Bengals (f/ LAC/TEN) - Clark Phillips III, CB, Utah
55. Arizona Cardinals (f/ MIN/DET) - Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama
56. Jacksonville Jaguars - Tuli Tuipulotu, DL, USC
57. New York Giants - BJ Ojulari, EDGE, LSU
58. Dallas Cowboys - Kayshon Boutte, WR, LSU
59. Buffalo Bills - Tucker Kraft, TE, South Dakota State
60. Tennessee Titans (f/ CIN) - Blake Freeland, OT, BYU
61. Chicago Bears (f/ CAR/SF) - Isaiah Foskey, EDGE, Notre Dame
62. Philadelphia Eagles - Will McDonald IV, EDGE, Iowa State
63. Arizona Cardinals (f/ KC) - Keeanu Benton, DT, Wisconsin

These are the first two rounds for anyone who is curious.

• Thank you (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

This is fun for all of us to do, BUT it’s not realistic - Beane doesn’t have a tendency to trade down and certainly not that much from #27.

like your detail, perhaps you can post one without the trades 

I know that Beane has not traded down in the past, but every year is unique.  Buffalo has fewer picks than they've had in recent history, which makes trading up that much more costly.  I think it depends on what value is on the board and at what positions when Buffalo's pick comes.  If there is no compelling value and the value that is left is not at a position of need, I can absolutely see Beane entertaining the possibility of a trade down.  I  wouldn't expect more than a trade or two at most in the draft, however.

Gonzo, given the list you shared, I might hat picked Musgrave in place of Dawand Jones, and then picked Blake Freeland in place of Kraft

Edited by BigAl2526

Yes. Gotta keep it easy for these old eyes. Blatz Beer did a number on me from the 4th grade on…

If I made no trades in this draft my draft probably would have gone.

27- Dalton Kincaid TE Utah

59- Keeanu Benton DT Wisconsin

91- Tyler Scott WR Cincinnati

130- Nick Saldiveri OG/OC Old Dominion

137- Ivan Pace Jr. LB Cincinnati

205- Kaevon Merriweather S Iowa

Thats based on what was available in this particular draft.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

I know that Beane has not traded down in the past, but every year is unique.  Buffalo has fewer picks than they've had in recent history, which makes trading up that much more costly.  I think it depends on what value is on the board and at what positions when Buffalo's pick comes.  If there is no compelling value and the value that is left is not at a position of need, I can absolutely see Beane entertaining the possibility of a trade down.  I  wouldn't expect more than a trade or two at most in the draft, however.

We don’t have enough holes to have this number of picks. DT and MLB are the only glaring needs and a future S is close behind. Rookies don’t consistently contribute on 99% of championship rosters. The “alphas” get picked up early and they have potential to help. But, generally speaking, we’d be drafting for other teams to take from us on cutdown day. You can’t stash them all on IR.

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

If I made no trades in this draft my draft probably would have gone.

27- Dalton Kincaid TE Utah

59- Keeanu Benton DT Wisconsin

91- Tyler Scott WR Cincinnati

130- Nick Saldiveri OG/OC Old Dominion

137- Ivan Pace Jr. LB Cincinnati

205- Kaevon Merriweather S Iowa

Thats based on what was available in this particular draft.

We cannot go to camp with Dodson as the MLB. I hope the board doesn’t implode when we pick one at 27. 

Edited by Snappysnackcakes
Spelling (OCD)

3 minutes ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

We don’t have enough holes to have this number of picks. DT and MLB are the only glaring needs and a future S is close behind. Rookies don’t consistently contribute on 99% of championship rosters. The “alphas” get picked up early and they have potential to help. But, generally speaking, we’d be drafting for other teams to take from us on cutdown day. You can’t stash them all on IR.

We cannot go to camp with Dodson as the MLB. I hope the board doesn’t implode when we pick one at 27. 

I dont believe there is a LB worthy of the 27th pick. Thats my opinion. The only LB's I think that are worth taking at all as a MLB in this draft are Jack Campbell (2nd Round), Daiyon Henley (3rd round), Dorian Williams (4th Round), Ivan Pace 5th/6th round. This LB class particularly on the inside is atrocious. There are a lot of nickel type LB's. I want nothing to do with Sewell at all.

11 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I dont believe there is a LB worthy of the 27th pick. Thats my opinion. The only LB's I think that are worth taking at all as a MLB in this draft are Jack Campbell (2nd Round), Daiyon Henley (3rd round), Dorian Williams (4th Round), Ivan Pace 5th/6th round. This LB class particularly on the inside is atrocious. There are a lot of nickel type LB's. I want nothing to do with Sewell at all.

You are correct! But if we don’t sign Wagner, as a bridge, we’re gonna forced to reach for one. Again, Dodson cannot be “Plan A” going into

camp. It’s slim pickings out here now. 

4 minutes ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

You are correct! But if we don’t sign Wagner, as a bridge, we’re gonna forced to reach for one. Again, Dodson cannot be “Plan A” going into

camp. It’s slim pickings out here now. 

I don't love it but I think they are going to give the combination of Bernard/Spector the chance to win that job before their hand is forced unless a guy they really like drops in round 2 or 3.

4 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I don't love it but I think they are going to give the combination of Bernard/Spector the chance to win that job before their hand is forced unless a guy they really like drops in round 2 or 3.

Given the first two rounds, I don't trade. I stick at 27 and take Dalton Kincaid. At 59, I take Matthew Bergeron who apparently lasts until the third round in your draft. I think LB and DT need to be higher on your priority list, but I like going offense with the first two picks. I'm keeping Tucker Kraft in mind. I know you like him. We definitely need to grab one this draft.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Given the first two rounds, I don't trade. I stick at 27 and take Dalton Kincaid. At 59, I take Matthew Bergeron who apparently lasts until the third round in your draft. I think LB and DT need to be higher on your priority list, but I like going offense with the first two picks. I'm keeping Tucker Kraft in mind. I know you like him. We definitely need to grab one this draft.

I wouldn’t mind those two and I understand the MLB/DT conundrum but they literally might be the two worst position groups in this draft. Not great timing at all to have holes in those two areas. I think I’d rather them find a bridge at those two spots until next years draft 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Cannot go into the season with green DT’s and a green MLB. Recipe for disaster. 

Cannot go into the season with green DT’s and a green MLB. Recipe for disaster. 

Don't know if you are keen on Hopkins or not. I would like him. If I can get him and sign Bobby Wagner and a veteran space eater, I'd be thrilled. I just don't see how we can manage all that with the cap and I'm not passing on Hopkins if I have a chance to get him.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Don't know if you are keen on Hopkins or not. I would like him. If I can get him and sign Bobby Wagner and a veteran space eater, I'd be thrilled. I just don't see how we can manage all that with the cap and I'm not passing on Hopkins if I have a chance to get him.

Would love Wagner, Hopkins, and a space eater. Totally. Hopkins (if we pull it off) will bring in a few low-cost vets, which we desperately need right now. I don’t want to count on Jordan Phillips and Shaq Lawson to be depth. Please, for the love of all that is holy, do not sign those guys again. Lawson playing with a chip on his shoulder is too much. Phillips doesn’t take conditioning seriously enough. Move on Beane. Neither are what they call

consummate professionals. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

15 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

If this is the case, I would've taken Steve Avila instead of Dawand Jones.

Your draft is well thought out, don't know if I fully agree with it, but you did a very good job.

I wouldn't mind if the Bills made some trades to move down and get more picks, although I don't know how thrilled I would be with our first pick being at 45. We either trade down a bit, or we sign a bunch of undrafted free agents.

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Agree 1

Don't hate it, but just a few comments.

-Jones...eek...yeah I'd be tempted. He's got some footwork issues...but he's so big that it hasn't mattered so far.  He could have his feet touching and people might not be able to knock him off balance.  The footwork issues are correctable.  But Mike Williams, eating himself out of the league flashbacks come back to me. 

-Tyler Scott might not be the fastest WR in the draft, but he's fast enough.  I could see them finding a spot for him.

-Saldiveri...sigh. To be warned, watch the Senior Bowl practices.  He's being driven back several yards on nearly every rep.  I thought to myself.."yeah, this is someone they'd take."  He wasn't good. Intelligence is great, but sooner or later, you need to stop the guy in front of you.

-Jartavious Martin- like the pick and agree on his versatility.   

-Chase Brown like the player.  I'd love Tyjae Spears.  But with both, I have a feeling they wouldn't see much playing time and would be wasted on the bench. 

On 3/24/2023 at 11:35 AM, gonzo1105 said:

A chance? Yeah, sure.

But IMO if they don't bring in further competition there in FA or the early rounds, it will likely be a failure.

But anyway, your draft was thought-provoking and interesting. Thanks!! I didn't agree with it all but I liked it.

Edited by Thurman#1

On 3/24/2023 at 1:22 AM, gonzo1105 said:

I wanted to put this out there for fun as I have been doing this for years on another website but rarely share because people tend to be toxic when I don't do A, B, or C. I expect that to happen with a certain position I didn't take in this draft lol. To give background on this. This is not a computer simulation. This is legit 32 fans of 32 different teams getting together and drafting for their favorite teams.  You also have to work out trades with them before or on the clock. I will admit that it is much harder to get true trade value chart because people value draft picks as it is the whole point of the thing. I'll provide highlights on the players I took as well.

With that said I figured I'd share and start with the Trades I made during the draft to give background.

Trades: Buffalo trades # 27 and # 130 to Philadelphia for # 30 and # 94, Buffalo trades # 30 to Detroit for # 48, 81, and 194.  Buffalo trades # 48 and # 194 to Green Bay for # 45 and # 256, Buffalo trades # 94 to Green Bay for  # 105 and # 149

Buffalo picks after the trades are #45, #59, #81,#91, #105, # 137, # 149, #205, #256

Pick #45- Dawand Jones OT Ohio State University

- Is he the best fit for the Bills, I would say no but I think whether we like it or not the Bills would like to add a power element to their team and Jones certainly fits that. I also thought he was good value at this pick. He could go in the teens with the right team or he could go right around this spot. I moved up because a lot of the players the Bills would target went right before this which was a Killer. Addison went # 39, Flowers # 40, Campbell # 41. The other guy I considered that was still on the board was Trenton Simpson who went 49th but I do not think he is a MLB in the NFL so I went with Jones

Pick # 59- Tucker Kraft TE South Dakota State University

- Anyone who knows me on this board, I have been hyping Tucker Kraft for awhile. When it comes to perfect fits Kraft is that guy. He is a do it all TE. He can stretch the seams, run underneath, and the guy can block which is rare of TE's this day and age. He would be a great compliment to Dawson Knox. The Bills have met with him as well so there is legit interest there it would appear.  Other guy I considered at this pick was Keeanu Benton a DT from Wisconsin.

Pick # 81- Tyler Scott WR Cincinnati

- I really like Tyler Scott as a 2nd-3rd round prospect. He is fast and shifty and is a Level 3 player when it comes to taking the top off of a defense. With that said he is very good as a route runner and can work all 3 areas of the field. He is a former RB so he's tough and can take hits. His downside is he has a slight build but I do believe he can play inside and outside in the NFL.  Other guys considered were DB Jartavius Martin, Luke Wypler C Ohio State, and Sydney Brown S Illinois.

Pick # 91- Jartavius Martin Safety University of Illinois

- What I love about Martin is his versatility. Most people believe that he will be a nickel CB and he can certainly be really good in the NFL at it but he also can play Safety at a high level in the NFL in my opinion. He is not a big guy as you'll see in the video but the man can tackle and he is very versatile as he played nickel, safety, boundary, and in the box at Illinois.  Other guys considered at this pick were Riley Moss CB Iowa, Dorian Williams LB Tulane

Pick # 105- Chase Brown RB University of Illinois

- Why leave Illinois when I could just take another player from there. This pick was made before the Damien Harris signing but I might have still taken him because I love the player. I think Brown is a juiced up Austin Ekeler. I think he can either work in a committee or as a lead back.  Other guys considered were: LB Dorian Williams and OG Andrew Vorhees

Pick # 137- Nick Saldiveri OC/OG Old Dominion University

- Earlier in the draft I took Dawand Jones at my future RT and early in the 5th round I take Saldiveri who's future is either at Center or Guard which works out perfectly for the Bills because they will need a Morse replacement in one way or the other whether its Saldiveri himself or if Bates moves there Saldiveri can take over the Guard spot. I believe that Saldiveri is a 3rd round prospect and I got him in Round 5 here.  Other guys considered LB Ivan Pace Jr.

Pick # 149- K.J. Henry DE University of Clemson

- I was so on the fence with this pick, I was choosing basically between Henry and Ivan Pace Jr(who I love and reminds me of 6th round pick Malcolm Rodriguez). Its funny because after I made this pick the GM at 150 admitted he was going to take Henry at 150 and then Pace was taken at 151. So I was in a win/lose situation either way. Henry has never lived up to his hype but his potential is so high if he can every just get there. I feel like I might have reached a little here but this team needs some more punch at the Edge position.  Kind of reminds me of Shaq Lawson to be honest.

Pick # 205- Brodric Martin DT Western Kentucky

- This is a complete flyer to be honest with you. I can't even find a set of highlights for the guy. He is raw as raw can be. He's 6'5 335 pounds with 34 inch arms and an 84 inch wingspan. He also has visits with the Eagles and Chiefs for top 30 visits coming up. This 1T is a complete developmental project. With a 6th rounder if he fails its no big deal but if he hits he could be an absolute monster in the NFL. Others considered with this pick were: Jerrod Clark DT Coastal Carolina, Ben VanSumeran LB Michigan State

Pick # 256- Kaevon Merriweather Safety Iowa

- Yup, I went with another safety here. This is due to Special Teams play and overall depth on the roster. Poyer and Hyde could both be in their last years. With Hamlin still a question mark and Martin having positional flexibility I thought taking a pure safety would be wise especially because with 4 picks left Merriweather was still on the board. He is still very new to football and tested alright but nothing to put him on notice. He is a good sound tackler. Needs some refinement in the pass game but he will either be a practice squad or last Safety on the 53 guy to start out with.

That was my Bills draft. I fully expect to get roasted for not taking a MLB but really there was not a guy each time I picked with the exception of Ivan Pace Jr. who is also a very big risk. Let me know what you think of the players.

I like Scott, Martin, Brown and Henry at those spots. Don't like the first 2 picks at all.

I love this draft, but no MLB means we sign a FA LB, which I'm OK with. I don't think LB should be a big money position. Conversely, if a player makes game changing plays, his position is less important. That's why I was OK with Chicago paying Edmunds $18 million and Beane not outbidding him.

So let me ask, who what FA's would you sign after this draft?

Edited by GreggTX

On 3/24/2023 at 1:58 AM, gonzo1105 said:

If it actually fell like that (with the trade back) I'd stay at #48 and pick Trenton Simpson without hesitation. Okay you might have some growing pains adjusting him to your MLB spot as a rookie but he would by my board be sticking out as BPA at that point. And I mean sticking out. I wouldn't have any of the other guys left (other than Clark Phillips) within 4 or 5 points of him on my board. So in terms of talent meeting need it would be a no brainer for me.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

What’s our best chance of getting a UGA Dawg?  Who would you like?  Would we have to trade up?

I mean obviously UGA has a ton of guys I’d say the most likely to be a Bill are Darnell Washington, Christopher Smith, and Warren McLendon. Maybe Robert Beal late

I think Carter, Jones, Ringo, Smith amongst others are either guys that will go before the Bills pick or don’t make sense due to positional need and where they will be picked 

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to bring this back up:

Biggest Reach: Dawand Jones OT Ohio State

I was off by 63 picks when I took Jones in this draft. Couldn't have predicted his fall before all the work ethic concerns came out. 

Biggest Steal: Brodric Martin DT Western Kentucky

Its funny, the least research I did on a player netted me the best gain. I picked Martin 110 picks after he was actually selected in the draft.

Biggest Hits:

Martin +110

Martin +44

Saldiveri + 34

Biggest Misses:

Jones -63

Brown- 58

Scott - 52

My delta score was +4 giving me an insanely average draft position value. Not great, not terrible.

I also did one for the 49ers later on and it was much better.

My only big bust in that one was Jaelyn Duncan(apparently I need to reevaluate scouting Tackles)

Everyone else was positive as I draft Riley Moss, Luke Schoonmaker, Jake Moody, Viliami Fehoko, Jake Andrews, Charlie Jones all with positive delta scores giving me a + 159 for my 49ers draft which would have been a steal considering they had no 1st or 2nd round picks 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.