What Games Do You Think Buffalo Plays At Night

corta765

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

It’s going to be Thanksgiving Night Chiefs/Bills

They will get opening Monday night with the Jets

The Patriots Bills is an Amazon Prime Special 

The game in England probably against like the Commanders 

But we are home for the London game and the Commanders game is away.

5 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Does the London game count as 1 of the 5?

No, since it is not primetime; just the opposite actually. [It's on at 6:30 AM for me...yikes!]

Edited by chongli

2 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

MNF - Week #1 @ A A Ron and the Jests

SNF - Buffalo @ Kansas City

SNF - JAX @ Buffalo

TNF - Buffalo @ Cincinnati - (Thanksgiving night)

Dallas will be the London opponent

They'll flip the Dolphins games this year ... Miami at Buffalo week 2 ... Buffalo at Miami week 17.

I like your picks, but there's no way the NFL puts a high-viewership game (Dallas) at 9:30 AM!

8 hours ago, Gregg said:

We play Dallas at home next year and the Cowboys always play at home on Thanksgiving. Last year the Bills played at Detroit and the Giants played at Dallas. If they alternate the AFC team going to Detroit and Dallas, then the Cowboys are scheduled to play the AFC team on Thanksgiving. The only AFC teams going to Dallas next year are the Jets and Pats. My guess is Jets at Dallas on Thanksgiving.

As for the Bills I would say one of the Jets games is a good bet for primetime. The league will want to showcase Allen vs Rodgers. Plus these teams may very well be battling for the AFCE. I will say at KC on SNF. Giants at Bills on MNF. Bills at Dolphins on SNF.

I think the Bills vs Bengals game will be the Sunday afternoon national game. To avoid any superstition, it may not be a good idea for the Bills and Bengals to play on primetime given what happened that Monday night in Cincinnati.

They stopped mandating AFC at Dallas or Detroit on alternate Thanksgivings a few years ago--it limited the NFL's choices too much. Any team could play there. 

I agree that BUF-CIN won't be primetime since it will bring back bad memories for everyone.

Edited by chongli

14 hours ago, Beast said:

IMO, Bills/Giants for sure.

I have thought this as a darkhorse game for MNF or even TNF.

13 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

It’s going to be Thanksgiving Night Chiefs/Bills

They will get opening Monday night with the Jets

The Patriots Bills is an Amazon Prime Special 

The game in England probably against like the Commanders 

Bills host in London, we are at WSH this year so that can't happen

21 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Hopefully just the ones that are scheduled for after sunset. 

Well they do play at the Chargers so a 4:25 eastern time start likely would be before sunset in LA.

That game too would be a good national doubleheader choice as opposed to a 4:05 start regional game.

Actually kind of disappointed that a guy wit ha user name of SoCal wouldn't have thought of that on his own!

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

Only one I prefer.....early season Buf @ MIa. .....  No sun!!

I think they are putting us in MIA week 18 to close the season with possible division crown on the line. No sun but potentially higher stakes.

This isn't an NFL rumor or speculation, but the NYC media has mentioned the idea that the Jets and Giants should play week 1 on MNF. The reason is the first MNF game will be played on 9/11. The two NYC area teams playing on 9/11. They could do a ceremony before the game honoring or remembering those who lost their lives on that horrible day. Again, the NYC media has put the idea out there. We will have to wait until May when the schedule comes out to see if it will be Jets at Giants week 1 on MNF. 

On 3/24/2023 at 7:50 AM, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Well they do play at the Chargers so a 4:25 eastern time start likely would be before sunset in LA.

That game too would be a good national doubleheader choice as opposed to a 4:05 start regional game.

Actually kind of disappointed that a guy wit ha user name of SoCal wouldn't have thought of that on his own!

I apologize for the late response but I guess you missed my sarcastic point. I’m hoping the real Bills show up to play in every game next year (which was definitely not the case in the playoffs against Cincinnati), including those games played after dark. 😉

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Gregg said:

This isn't an NFL rumor or speculation, but the NYC media has mentioned the idea that the Jets and Giants should play week 1 on MNF. The reason is the first MNF game will be played on 9/11. The two NYC area teams playing on 9/11. They could do a ceremony before the game honoring or remembering those who lost their lives on that horrible day. Again, the NYC media has put the idea out there. We will have to wait until May when the schedule comes out to see if it will be Jets at Giants week 1 on MNF. 

That would actually be an insanely good and awesome idea.

• Like (+1) 1

I imagine they play some variation of night crawlers and tag but probably not grab ass or anything that requires opposable thumbs.  Hooves are a limiting factor.  Mostly, I imagine they're fairly serious creatures with little time for games but they do travel in herds so there is certainly an opportunity for fun.

3 hours ago, corta765 said:

They glow in the dark

I have thought Raiders/Bucs/Broncos

I had to look those up. I didn't know they made those wimpy safety darts. 

I was referring to the original, old-fashioned steel gladiator darts.

Darts.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

Ari Meirov on Twitter: "The NFL announced that teams can now have two Thursday Night Football games per season. Limit was one. Now that’s changed. Flexing for TNF is not happening … for now." / Twitter

Ian Rapoport on Twitter: "NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, on John Mara calling flexing of TNF games, “abusive…” “Providing the best match ups for our fans is what we do. But we look at all the impacts. It’s a very important thing to balance between the in-stadium fans and those who watch on TV.”" / Twitter

Just now, Gigs said:

At this point, what games do we feel won't  end up after 1pm sundays?

The Bills will get at least 4 and maybe flexed into a 5th game. I bet Bills at Bengals will be a Sunday afternoon game. It might be wise to avoid putting this one in primetime given what happened the last time. Superstition and all.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.