What is the plan at DT?

Matt_In_NH

I would like to see them trade Oliver & his contract to another team plus a draft pick then they could afford to get a couple more with the money they would save from making that move .

I really like Oliver as a team guy but he is just inconsistent & disappears in games so the kind of money he will be asking for will be more than i feel he's worth to the Bills or any one else for that matter .

But apparently Beane & McD feel differently i get drafting, developing & keeping your own & if they could get him for a decent contract he may be worth keeping but he like most players will try for a generational contract & that won't fly with the Bills so get something for the time invested in him while the can . 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Matt_In_NH said:

Did you read the OP?  Same is true for Jones and Settle.

Yep…I read it. The Bills will rebuild the DT position in free agency and the draft, NEXT year. They’re going to sit tight THIS year. Too many holes to fill this year to dwell on next year’s problems. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Mazi Smith.😉

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’d be shocked if we don’t draft a DT.  Space eaters can be had late.  

I would hope that we can extend daquan asap- 

I personally think they will go to the DT pool multiple times this draft. I’m not saying to take all of them, but I like these guys at these spots. 

Siaki Ika in the 2nd rd

Keeanu Benton in the 3rd rd

Keondre Coburn in the 4th or hopefully later

Jerrod Clark in the 5th or later 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, mrags said:

I personally think they will go to the DT pool multiple times this draft. I’m not saying to take all of them, but I like these guys at these spots. 

Siaki Ika in the 2nd rd

Keeanu Benton in the 3rd rd

Keondre Coburn in the 4th or hopefully later

Jerrod Clark in the 5th or later 

I really hope we don’t draft a DT rd 1-3.  If we go D, I hope it’s a pass rusher.  In Beanes time here, he’s only drafted one DT iirc, Ed.  Seems like a position that like to fill with vets.  

Starting to think that we sign a potential starting MLB to a cheap deal.  Walker, Perryman or Cunningham all potential fits. Just wait the market out and get one for good price.  I would think that the starting Mike job for the Bills is more enticing than most offers and could boost their value in 24.  

I like Ika, but I wouldn’t take a NT in rd 2 of this draft.  Rd 3, sure, but he might be gone. 

I’d be happy with Benton in rd 4 and Clark and Cobirn in 5/6/7

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I really hope we don’t draft a DT rd 1-3.  If we go D, I hope it’s a pass rusher.  In Beanes time here, he’s only drafted one DT iirc, Ed.  Seems like a position that like to fill with vets.  

Starting to think that we sign a potential starting MLB to a cheap deal.  Walker, Perryman or Cunningham all potential fits. Just wait the market out and get one for good price.  I would think that the starting Mike job for the Bills is more enticing than most offers and could boost their value in 24.  

I like Ika, but I wouldn’t take a NT in rd 2 of this draft.  Rd 3, sure, but he might be gone. 

I’d be happy with Benton in rd 4 and Clark and Cobirn in 5/6/7

I don’t trust Mc-Beane to draft any DE ever again. They’ve shown they are terrible at it. Groot was as sure a pick as you could get really when and where they got him. I give them almost no credit for that. Yet he still hasn’t stepped up enough to produce where he should imo. 

AJ, Boogie, Bam Johnson. All disappointments imo. Johnson was probably the best one of the 3. But because he was a late round pick and AJ and Boogie were early picks they kept the wrong one. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, mrags said:

I don’t trust Mc-Beane to draft any DE ever again. They’ve shown they are terrible at it. Groot was as sure a pick as you could get really when and where they got him. I give them almost no credit for that. Yet he still hasn’t stepped up enough to produce where he should imo. 

AJ, Boogie, Bam Johnson. All disappointments imo. Johnson was probably the best one of the 3. But because he was a late round pick and AJ and Boogie were early picks they kept the wrong one. 

Yeah they’ve been bad at it in rd 2, but I’m happy with Rousseau.  If the plan is to never draft a Pass rusher again, Beane should just be fired.  You can’t run a team like that.  

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I hope for more offense as well

We need to be careful not to overdraft guys because of it

13-3

Phenomenal in the regular season, so we make the playoffs and get bounced in our window and Josh's prime. We won't get over the hump signing average players. 

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah they’ve been bad at it in rd 2, but I’m happy with Rousseau.  If the plan is to never draft a Pass rusher again, Beane should just be fired.  You can’t run a team like that.  

Well. That answers that then. I think Beane should be fired. Because I think he’s failed at drafting overall. 

yes I know we have plenty of guys that he’s drafted that have been good or even great. But overall I think he’s been bad. 

10 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Phenomenal in the regular season, so we make the playoffs and get bounced in our window and Josh's prime. We won't get over the hump signing average players. 

———-^ this 

2 hours ago, Airseven said:

The plan is to draft defensive front 7 early and often in predictable and depressing fashion.

You are a breath of fresh air every time you post, 

Even back in the BBMB days you hated everything all the time, why do you even call yourself a Bills fan? It’s been at least a decade of nonstop b itching from you, it’s time for a new hobby or team to pretend you’re a fan of.

nuthin but luv, 

GO BILLS!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

You are a breath of fresh air every time you post, 

Even back in the BBMB days you hated everything all the time, why do you even call yourself a Bills fan? It’s been at least a decade of nonstop b itching from you, it’s time for a new hobby or team to pretend you’re a fan of.

nuthin but luv, 

GO BILLS!!!

Because he loves his team and is sick of them making terrible decisions that cost us games when we should be and could be better?

This is what I’ve been saying. look at contracts, future, what they have , and Von injury. 

it’s painfully obvious they are massively weak at DL. they’re gonna go BPA at DL or Lb at 27. Outside chance at TE. 

As fans at the end of the year -

we all thought both lines were WHIPPED. DL was abused by cincy backups. And we wanted weapons WR2. 

beane presser. Back to reality. Don’t expect big moves 

they need to rebuild a bit here the next two drafts. 

Edited by balln
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mrags said:

Well. That answers that then. I think Beane should be fired. Because I think he’s failed at drafting overall. 

yes I know we have plenty of guys that he’s drafted that have been good or even great. But overall I think he’s been bad. 

———-^ this 

if i thought Beane shouldn’t draft a DE ever again based on his past, I would want him to be fired.  

I don’t agree with the assessment though.  He missed on 2 and hit on 1.  I hated his misses when they were drafted and didn’t have expectations for either of them 

2 minutes ago, balln said:

This is what I’ve been saying. look at contracts, future, what they have , and Von injury. 

it’s painfully obvious they are massively weak at DL. they’re gonna go BPA at DL or Lb at 27. Outside chance at TE. 

As fans at the end of the year -

we all thought both lines were WHIPPED. And we wanted weapons WR2. 

beane presser. Back to reality. Don’t expect big moves 

they need to rebuild a bit here the next two drafts. 

Just terrible considering all the money and resources they throw at it the last few years. Multiple 2nd round picks, a 1st rd pick, and a 100m+ FA. And we’re still looking. 

33 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The plan is to keep dumping resources into the DL only for it to still be a big need. 

DL is ALWAYS a need, for every team. Filling four spots plus depth for more than one year at a time is impossible. Nobody should be surprised if Beane drafts DL early again. It has the highest potential production to rookie contract value other than QB. Just because Epenesa and Basham were bad picks and Oliver has been underwhelming doesn't mean you stop going back to that well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.