Goodell Set to get a Raise

T&C

1 hour ago, T&C said:

I feel bad for Goodell.  With inflation, the cost of a yacht has gone up soooo much.....  poor guy! 

....and I think that Von Miller just tweeted that he wants to be the commish.....

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

the fact that the heat here and everyone else is aimed at him and not 32 owners is proof he does his job....... unfortunately.

i hate the dude, but his job is to get spit roasted by the fans on one end, owners on the other lol he 'deserves' this from an owners perspective

Spot On!

Beyond the typical class envy for people to vent because he gets so much money, this should end the thread.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The league is making a ton of money, is setup to make even more money in the very near future, and Goodell consistently is the fall guy that takes the heat for the owners.

With those being the primary function of his job, I'm not sure I'd say he's doing a lousy job.

He makes unpopular moves, but they are popular with his bosses, and that's what counts for him.

yes. 100% and that people do not realize this makes me laugh my ass off because he is just the head of the business group. 

it'd be like blaming the Press Secretary of the President for all of the goings on in the entire country.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, boyst said:

yes. 100% and that people do not realize this makes me laugh my ass off because he is just the head of the business group. 

it'd be like blaming the Press Secretary of the President for all of the goings on in the entire country.

Goodell hiding in the bushes! :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

Goodell has led the NFL to domination over all other pro sports in America.  He seems to be growing the game internationally at the right pace.  

The league played all their games in the COVID year and it wasn't easy. 

The most intelligent move by Goodell was not caving in to the mob and Patriots ownership when Brady was suspended. 

If he had compromised on the Brady case the league would not have been able to make disciplinary action stick on 

anyone else no matter what they did. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The league is making a ton of money, is setup to make even more money in the very near future, and Goodell consistently is the fall guy that takes the heat for the owners.

With those being the primary function of his job, I'm not sure I'd say he's doing a lousy job.

He makes unpopular moves, but they are popular with his bosses, and that's what counts for him.

I agree. People love to hate on anyone and everything. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

You can expect your ticket price increases any day now

Can we just put that on your tab? 

I guess Roger can afford to fix up his basement now.  

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I agree but who couldn’t be a successful nfl commish? Could anyone have handled the Ray rice, deflategate and other scandals worse? He has a job that you would need to be brain dead to fail at. 

I sent my app in, they didn't call me back after the 1st interview

4 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Usually a mask is worn during this type of thievery.

Actually funny, but I must say…..

He was willingly given a raise by the billionaire owners he works for. Have you ever apologized for getting a raise? I never heard he was holding out or anything. That’s change in the couch for these owners.  🤷‍♂️

NOW, are people  shocked by the number of digits and comma’s in his salary? You bet!  It’s natural. I get that. But at the same time look at the salaries of the heads of the biggest businesses in the country/world and it gives some perspective. The NFL is one giant arse money printing machine. It’s a lot of money, but it doesn’t shock me. I wonder if his contract is tied to gross revenue, ratings and bottom the line.  One bite out of an elephant can be plenty. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

$64 million, not including the unlimited use of a private jet and all the other perks.

What a job!  

How many years (OK, maybe days? Hours? 😋) would you need to do that job at that salary before feeling comfy about your situation?   

Edited by Augie

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.