WR Trent Sherfield signed

Chandler#81

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Defense round one no question…. Allen getting the Rodgers treatment. 

Yup I think we’re there.

Before FA I wanted Slayton and Zaccheaus and a 1st Round rookie to turn over the Bottom 3 spots in that room.

But with $8.5M left in cap space, and holes at #4 DT and #4 DE (assuming no Von Week 1), the FA loss of Edmunds, and the same approach by this FO to WR and OLine in FA (low end starters), I think we’re going that way in April. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

Doesn't matter because he signed with the Bills and to most negative posters on here that means he sucks. Funny how most dolphins fans wanted him back but the supposed "Bills fans" on here hate the signing. Guy provides speed and depth, to me it’s a decent pick up. 

Yup.  

This signing upgraded our receiving unit as well as ST units.  

19 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I love the Harty and Sherfield signings. Those guys might not be thought of as anything special now, but QB’s like Allen can turn speed guys into top notch receivers. My concern is our coaching staffs ability to utilize them. 

This

5 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

If he's effective as a special teamer, then he's a serious upgrade on the roster over Kumerow   Seems like a nice signing.  

Never cared much about Kumerow. He made his career on that catch in Denver that was more Allen than him. ST player ok but how do we save a roster spot for that guy. 

He does have a very round looking face for a guy with 4.4 speed....This looks like a good, smart signing.  He's a guy with good speed and size who played well in Miami last year and has a few years of experience in the league.  Playing with a better QB than he's played with in the past, he should perform well.  He also plays special teams.  I'm not expecting him to be an All-Pro, or even to be the #2 WR for the Bills, and niether are the Bills, but given that teams carry 5-7 WR's, this player is a good addition to the roster.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Goin Breakdown said:

How ruuuude. There is no way that I thought the same exact thing. And I for sure didn't think he had a grey beard and double check that the post was real. 

As a man with slightly larger than average cheeks, I notice these things haha. 

27 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Rodgers. 

Not one 1st Round WR his entire tenure in Green Bay. 

A 2006 2nd on Greg Jennings, a 2008 2nd on Jordy Nelson, a 2011 2nd on Randell Cobb, a 2014 2nd on Davante Adams. 

That's it. 

Otherwise, Rodgers drafted in 2005, the first draft pick of the Packers draft went defense 14 times in 17 years. 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

This would be disappointing to say the least. It also goes against everything the teams that played in the last 3 Super Bowls have done.  All 5 of these teams have gone all in on offense:

*  Two of the teams (Bucs & Rams) went all in to get franchise QB's

*  Three of the teams (Chiefs, Bengals & Eagles) went all in to surround their elite franchise QB's with the best O lines and weapons possible.

Bean & McD have not had a high profile Offensive FA signing or draft pick since the Diggs signing.  If Bean & McD do not use a 1st round pick on offense and/or make a high profile FA offensive signing then I'm ready for a change - a big one.  

Bean & McD continue to balk at doing what it takes to win a SB in the age of offense.  Even worse they're wasting the talents of an elite franchise QB that was a once in a generation draft pick by the Bills. If the Bills don't, at a minimum, win their division and win at least one playoff game, then I'm fine with Bean & McD being shown the door after the 2023 season.

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Much of this decision depends on which role they want him to play.  If he's their idea of competition at WR2, well, not ideal.  If he's a WR4/5 type who'll play special teams, great.  

Most people expected a higher-level WR signing before the draft, i.e. not an unproven rookie, who would give Buffalo a complement to Diggs who they acquired 3 years ago.   

It's not unreasonable to be disappointed with acquisitions who clearly aren't putting them alongside Cincinnati, Kansas City, or their primary AFC competition.  

It appears that Bean/McD are repeating what worked for them in 2019, but on a cheaper level.  Remember how they signed a center who had real concussion issues but would be an upgrade to what we had at the time and then they signed two WR's who were good but not remotely elite.  It worked great for the Bills and those 3 signings helped propel the team to success in 2019, 2020 & 2021. 

IF, the Bills have similar success with these 3 signings - significant upgrade at Guard and two WR's that are solid #2/3 type guys then the Bills are right back in the Super Bowl mix.  But if they missed on these signings and they throw most of their draft capital at the D then Buffalo will be lucky to make the playoffs next season.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ddaryl said:

much better than a lump of coal IMO.... 

I don't know about the rest of you, but that day you open up a pack of new underwear and put a pair on for the 1st time is kind of magical. I have even coined it as "New Underwear Day" as I skip through my day with a smile and nobody really knows the reason why

Until you put that first lump of coal in them

• Haha (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I was thinking this the other day. It's like when you have a good QB, the front office thinks that QB can overcome all shortcomings in offense so that they can focus all other assets on defense. Just my hot take. 

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

What adds to the confusion is Miami only has 4 WRs who realistically are locks.

The cost for a WR#5 for Sherfield is puzzling.

The fish did have a 4th rounder last year, Erik Ezukanma, who had a total of 3 yards receiving and inactive for 16 games.

Isn't Hills emoji a scared face?  I feel like he's trolling. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.