Jump to content

Drafting a TE Day 1 & 2


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Chaos said:

Beast of an athlete. But  he seems to project as a project. NFL.com considers him a practice squad player.  SI says he is a 6th round prospect. If he was there in the fifth, I would take him.  But he is a flyer. 

TDN has Kuntz as a 4th and his comp is Gesicki. Plus a RAS score of 10. Would seem right up Beane's alley.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

TDN has Kuntz as a 4th and his comp is Gesicki. Plus a RAS score of 10. Would seem right up Beane's alley.


While I love their reports on guys. A lot of times their projections dont match what’s currently happening in the draft landscape. Could someone draft him in round 4 on pure potential sure that happens. I think more round 5-6 is justifiable but it only takes 1 team 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/18/2023 at 9:16 PM, Dr. Who said:

Another fella here has been recommending Tucker Kraft, South Dakota State TE, who is probably around a third round grade. I'd be surprised if the position is not addressed in the first two days, especially given the quality available this year and Dorsey's assumed desire to employ more 12 personnel in the offense.

Tucker Kraft is that guy!! He'd be a perfect addition for Josh and the offense. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Keep your eye on Zack Kuntz TE Old Dominion. 6’7” 255 lbs, 4.55 40 yd dash, 6.89 3 Cone…. Athletic for his size, solid Run after catch, good hands.  Still has run to fill out. Get him 5-10 lbs heavier.

 

Originally committed to Penn State.

 

I see him a late round 3 guy.

 

I still think Drew Sanders LB is the pick unless already gone and DT round 2. TE maybe round 3 and this kid is a sleeper.

 

 


 

 

 

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whatever Beane chooses to do, his picks, particularly his 1st & 2nd rounders, need to contribute significantly this season.  

 

This would be a first for Beane if it happens.  

 

 

Edited by PBF81
  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Magox said:

I really want this guy round 4

 

 

Unless we trade up to the top of round 4 he won’t be there… that’s like almost a 5th and he’s projected late 3rd early forth. Pick 130? No way imo.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Unless we trade up to the top of round 4 he won’t be there… that’s like almost a 5th and he’s projected late 3rd early forth. Pick 130? No way imo.

 

 

I think it depends on what BB you look at.🤔

 

Screenshot_20230324_065431_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.55f29f1eeea7fab2dcf22637f9ee9a9d.jpg

 

Screenshot_20230324_065055_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c3c8b121e647486f92c01a6e260b33f3.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Keep your eye on Zack Kuntz TE Old Dominion. 6’7” 255 lbs, 4.55 40 yd dash, 6.89 3 Cone…. Athletic for his size, solid Run after catch, good hands.  Still has run to fill out. Get him 5-10 lbs heavier.

 

Originally committed to Penn State.

 

I see him a late round 3 guy.

 

I still think Drew Sanders LB is the pick unless already gone and DT round 2. TE maybe round 3 and this kid is a sleeper.

 

 


 

 

 

Not sold on this kid. Did nothing at PSU.  And had only one year of production at a non Big5 school and, unlike Knox, didn't have 2 NFL pro bowlers hogging targets. Can't block a lick So is really another slot guy. Likely still on the board at pick 130

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Keep your eye on Zack Kuntz TE Old Dominion. 6’7” 255 lbs, 4.55 40 yd dash, 6.89 3 Cone…. Athletic for his size, solid Run after catch, good hands.  Still has run to fill out. Get him 5-10 lbs heavier.

 

Originally committed to Penn State.

 

I see him a late round 3 guy.

 

I still think Drew Sanders LB is the pick unless already gone and DT round 2. TE maybe round 3 and this kid is a sleeper.

 

 


 

 

 

 

Yeah, he is interesting but there is some risk there. Big recruit to PSU but sat on the bench and has only started 15 college games. I feel like he will be a better pro than he was as a college player, but you have to be careful how high you take him so you don't wind up with Adam Shaheen. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

 

Yeah, he is interesting but there is some risk there. Big recruit to PSU but sat on the bench and has only started 15 college games. I feel like he will be a better pro than he was as a college player, but you have to be careful how high you take him so you don't wind up with Adam Shaheen. 

 

 


He has shown flashes of being able to an in line blocker.  If you watch the video he also has wiggle to his game so he isn’t some sort of a stiff athlete, he’s fluid.    
 

He’s over 6’7 at 255 with 40 inch vertical, He’s a tremendous target to throw to.   Just imagine him busting up the seam or red zone at that height, speed, fluidity and vert, the potential is there.    
 

He will easily bulk up to 265-270 without effecting his athleticism.

 

I don’t know if he will be there in the 4th, but if he is I’d strongly consider him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Keep your eye on Zack Kuntz TE Old Dominion. 6’7” 255 lbs, 4.55 40 yd dash, 6.89 3 Cone…. Athletic for his size, solid Run after catch, good hands.  Still has run to fill out. Get him 5-10 lbs heavier.

 

Originally committed to Penn State.

 

I see him a late round 3 guy.

 

I still think Drew Sanders LB is the pick unless already gone and DT round 2. TE maybe round 3 and this kid is a sleeper.

 

 


 

 

 


So many of his catches are with defenders right on him and with his speed and a little hop he makes the catch look easy.   For other TE’s not quite at that height or speed those catches wouldn’t look so easy.

 

He makes lots of catches above his head look routine.  They look simple and for his skill set they are.  For others it wouldn’t be the same.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Unless we trade up to the top of round 4 he won’t be there… that’s like almost a 5th and he’s projected late 3rd early forth. Pick 130? No way imo.

 

 

Well. Nobody thought we’d get Araiza out of the 3rd or 4th rd because he was just that good. and we managed to get him in the 6th. Maybe that’s because he was a rapist and other teams knew it and we didn’t. 🤷‍♂️ 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kuntz can't block(like not even a little bit) and he actually has a very high drop rate and doesn't separate very well despite his huge athleticism. I'd take a flyer in round 5 but not before that but I don't think he fits the mold of what Buffalo is looking for in a Tight End. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I expect the Bills to draft a tight end within the first few rounds this year.

That said, until they actually start using the very good tight end that's already on the roster and getting paid big bucks, I don't really care WHAT they do at TE2 or TE3.

Dawson Knox has the talent and ability to be this team's de facto WR2. He has the talent to be a 1,000 yards and 10 TDs guy. The Bills PAID him to be that guy. Until Ken Dorsey figures out how to use him and Josh Allen re-commits to hitting his short and intermediate targets instead of always big game hunting, the tight end depth conversation is just noise to me.

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I expect the Bills to draft a tight end within the first few rounds this year.

That said, until they actually start using the very good tight end that's already on the roster and getting paid big bucks, I don't really care WHAT they do at TE2 or TE3.

Dawson Knox has the talent and ability to be this team's de facto WR2. He has the talent to be a 1,000 yards and 10 TDs guy. The Bills PAID him to be that guy. Until Ken Dorsey figures out how to use him and Josh Allen re-commits to hitting his short and intermediate targets instead of always big game hunting, the tight end depth conversation is just noise to me.

Well, I agree, but it might be that Dorsey is more comfortable including the TE as a threat option in 12 personnel, so adding one would actually increase Knox's use. There's quite a bit of talent at the position in the draft in a down year at WR, so I think this is a sneaky place to look for a weapon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...