Backup QB Options?

boyst

Nathan Peterman is available - could get him on the cheap.   He was great with Pittsburgh and has beaten out the likes of TJ Yates, Cardale Jones, AJ McCarron plus has started over Josh Allen and replaced Derek Carr, Trevor Siemian and Justin Fields.

Let's rock with Peterman!!! 

16 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Its way too much this year... 

I wouldnt even be totally surprised if we go with Barkley as the backup in 2023.. 

They have very limited money to spend on QB2 this year...

They still have to replace Edmonds and Poyer.. Maybe also bring in a cheap RT to put up some type of challenge to Brown...

You weren’t wrong. Bills weren’t going to give $10M w/ $8M guaranteed.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, BBFL said:

Totally agree. I say this point as a Bills fan when discussing MVP’s… I love Josh. He is the man but in terms of neutrality, Mahomes edges him due to the accolades and success post-season (Coaching plays a huge part in that). Josh however is undoubtably more valuable to the franchise he plays than most QB’s out there… Without Josh this team is barely scraping 6/7 wins. 

Donezo without Josh period. However, you would like to remain competitive to at least stand a chance…

What about Minshew? 

Yep. Recently Super Bowls have been started by Kaepernick, Jimmy G, and Goff. Foles and Flacco are Super Bowl MVPs. Not the ideal plan, but it can be done. 

I think Minshew is a solid option. Maybe not my favorite, but he’s among the better backup QBs imho. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Barkley was our 3rd QB last year. He's a good QB in room but questionable on the field. Bring me Mariota.

This is a money issue.  Do not waste money on a back up QB.  I get your point and any other year I would agree but money is tight.  

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Jacoby Brissett to Washington.

F@%&

1 minute ago, SACTOBILLSFAN said:

There is zero reason to invest anything more than late round draft picks on Josh's backup from here on out. That money needs to be used to put players around him, and if he's out for any length of time the season is screwed anyway. 

Probably true but if we had someone better than Keenum last year, we might have been able to shut down Josh for a couple weeks to help the elbow.  We obviously had no faith in case.  

• 9 months later...
On 3/14/2023 at 1:30 PM, Zerovoltz said:

ok...you are betting the Packers win division and a playoff game with Love as starting QB.  I am betting that doesn't happen.  I'd be willing to make this a little easier.  How about Packers with Love make playoffs, you win...Packers and Love don't make playoffs, I win.  You good with that?

Ah em,

Would you like send paypal or Venmo?

On 3/14/2023 at 11:50 AM, Captain Hindsight said:

You think they would have dumped Rodgers after winning his second consecutive MVP? Insane, no team would have done that

Rodgers missed most practices last year on Wednesday with his thumb injury, so Love has played alot in practice. When he came in against the Eagles last year he was slinging that ball. Love is gonna be a star. Packers are done with Rodgers becuase they already know Love can do it.

I bet he wins the division outright next year and they win a playoff game with Love. 

On 3/14/2023 at 11:56 AM, Zerovoltz said:

Wouild you care to place a wager on it with me?  100 bucks?

On 3/14/2023 at 1:21 PM, Captain Hindsight said:

I'll make that bet

On 3/14/2023 at 1:30 PM, Zerovoltz said:

ok...you are betting the Packers win division and a playoff game with Love as starting QB.  I am betting that doesn't happen.  I'd be willing to make this a little easier.  How about Packers with Love make playoffs, you win...Packers and Love don't make playoffs, I win.  You good with that?

Let me know if you need time to come up with the money 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.