Edmunds to Bears

Roundybout

its been up and down. im not blind to the unseen effect he had on the defense, dude was a teddy washington NT for our secondary, made everyones (coverage) job easier. horrible analogy but it made me laugh and works in spirit. im a lil bummed out while understanding theres 0.00% chance we were offering 18m

Ā 

**********BIG QUESTION NOW:Ā  Do we see a more traditional 4-3?Ā  If so, how do we handle Taron?Ā  Asking those two makes mre think no.Ā  So who should i be keeping an eye out for draft/FA wise?Ā  @GunnerBillĀ  i honestly dunno what teams play nickel the way that we do?Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DJB said:

Or maybe Tremaine was mostly a cog in the wheel.Ā 
Ā 

We were blowing out some teams last year. Of course teams werenā€™t going to run on us when they are down big .Ā 
Ā 

Also letā€™s get Wagner, or L David and see how they perform in this D. My guess is that they outplay Tremaine at a fraction of the priceĀ 

Youā€™re not getting those guys on the cheap. Maybe not Edmunds #,. but you think those guys could be deployed in 2LB defenses and play every down. Edmunds allowed our young secondary to play nickel all game. These guys are long in the tooth and Edmunds is 24.

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

its been up and down. im not blind to the unseen effect he had on the defense, dude was a teddy washington NT for our secondary, made everyones (coverage) job easier. horrible analogy but it made me laugh and works in spirit. im a lil bummed out while understanding theres 0.00% chance we were offering 18m

Ā 

**********BIG QUESTION NOW:Ā  Do we see a more traditional 4-3?Ā  If so, how do we handle Taron?Ā  Asking those two makes mre think no.Ā  So who should i be keeping an eye out for draft/FA wise?Ā  @GunnerBillĀ  i honestly dunno what teams play nickel the way that we do?Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

we need to stop playing nickel all the time. Teams ran on us late in the season. We need LBs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Too rich for our blood..

Ā 

To be honest, I dont even know if you can justify paying him $15m per year.. let only $18m .... certainly not when our OL is a sieve...

Ā 

We await the short term replacement.. and they might need to take a another swing on the longer term guy in the draft as Bernard may already be a lost cause...

Ā 

Ā 

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Unsavory Peterman said:

Goodbye Swedish DefencemanĀ 

VillanovaĀ 

LOL naw Livonia NY, just south of Rochester across Conesus Lake from Geneseo. His parents moved to Canandaigua for work before he entered HS and enrolled him into a private school. Great HS football player.

18 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

You think he's going to be sitting there with $50,000,000 in his bank account and zero playoff games he's going to be happy with his career?Ā  When he could have had $45,000,000 and playoffs every year and possibly super bowls?Ā  You don't think a super bowl player can make up that $5 mil extra in appearances?Ā  Nobody is paying the LB from one of the worst teams for appearances when they can get the guys that were in the super bowl

Itā€™s like you didnā€™t read my post or it went over your head. Heā€™s been in plenty of playoff games already.
What Super Bowl player ? Youā€™re assuming we make it to a SB. Thatā€™s not a given, the $$$$ is. šŸ˜‚. You probably thought last year was our year too. You guys crack me up with this šŸ’©. Go ask Bates why he signed last year withā€¦ da Bears.Ā 

By the way, football isnā€™t life. Taking care of family the best you can for generations to come is.Ā 
You canā€™t guarantee a SB, can you? šŸ¤”

Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, prissythecat said:

Lots of other names out there that were on the BB most wanted list like Johnny Manziel, Christian Hackenberg , Tyler Bray, Ā Tyler Wilson. Ā Blue chip QBS all

There was a strong contingent here that wanted us to trade down and take Mason Rudolph.Ā 

• Vomit 1

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Bills had the 4th best rushing defense in 2022. He wasnā€™t ā€œa liability.ā€ Edmunds is a very good player that will be tough to replace. I think that $18M AAV is too much for the Bills but Iā€™m not going to pretend that this is a good development.

I was an Edmunds cheerleader when he was getting trashed on this board. I'd love him back for less.

I just ultimately hate his instincts , especially compared to Milano. His length and sideline to sideline speed was great but he was average at best in the run gm

33 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

You think he's going to be sitting there with $50,000,000 in his bank account and zero playoff games he's going to be happy with his career?Ā  When he could have had $45,000,000 and playoffs every year and possibly super bowls?Ā  You don't think a super bowl player can make up that $5 mil extra in appearances?Ā  Nobody is paying the LB from one of the worst teams for appearances when they can get the guys that were in the super bowl

who offered him $45M that he turned down?

9 minutes ago, DJB said:

Or maybe Tremaine was mostly a cog in the wheel.Ā 
Ā 

We were blowing out some teams last year. Of course teams werenā€™t going to run on us when they are down big .Ā 
Ā 

Also letā€™s get Wagner, or L David and see how they perform in this D. My guess is that they outplay Tremaine at a fraction of the priceĀ 

My goodness, what a freaking all around blessing thatd be. holes from poyer and edmunds sounds huge, but when you consider we already played last year with only 1 of 2 of our safeties, its a bit easier to swallow.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

LOL naw Livonia NY, just south of Rochester across Conesus Lake from Geneseo. His parents moved to Canandaigua for work before he entered HS and enrolled him into a private school. Great HS football player.

Livonia was a grear area compared to the dump I grew up in just south of there - hence the nicknameĀ 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.