What’s your offer for WR Jerry Jeudy?

Buffalo_Stampede

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

But how much is Hopkins cap hit vs Jeudy?

You can redo Hopkins deal and make the cap hit palatable.  Denver wants at least a first for Juedy, and what happens if he has a big year with Josh?  Will he be content with just the 5th year option next year?

A first is a lot to trade for a guy that we can’t afford to resign in the next year or two if he breaks out with Allen.  And if he doesn’t break out, then we over paid by trading a first.  

I wouldn’t be upset by any means if we traded for Juedy, just prefer a 2 year deal with Hopkins who can be had cheaper and is still a top 5 WR.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Doubt pick 60 gets it done 

Agreed.  I'd open with that, but would certainly be open to throwing in a Day 3 pick and/or adding Davis or Oliver to the package. If it's 27 or no deal... I'm sending them 27. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You can redo Hopkins deal and make the cap hit palatable.  Denver wants at least a first for Juedy, and what happens if he has a big year with Josh?  Will he be content with just the 5th year option next year?

A first is a lot to trade for a guy that we can’t afford to resign in the next year or two if he breaks out with Allen.  And if he doesn’t break out, then we over paid by trading a first.  

I wouldn’t be upset by any means if we traded for Juedy, just prefer a 2 year deal with Hopkins who can be had cheaper and is still a top 5 WR.  

Maybe. Hey, I think Hopkins is THE premier WR in the NFL and has been for a decade so Im certainly not against it. But for the upfront investment, and long term costs, I tend to lean towards the guy who can/will be playing for the rest of Josh's career as opposed to the guy who will likely be falling off a cliff and retiring soon.

Hopkins age, injuries, and PED use worries me. Once that ball starts rolling, it usually picks up momentum. I'm just not sure how "cheap" he will really come.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.