What’s your offer for WR Jerry Jeudy?

Buffalo_Stampede

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Now that I know a 1st gets it done, I'm going to be mad if this doesn't happen. Nobody we could draft with our 1st rounder is going to make as big a difference as Jeudy would. We would now have two legit outside WRs, one with great route running one with great speed; an explosive slot in Deonte Harty; and Davis and Shakir as outside/slot depth options with complementary skill sets. Draft some OL and watch this offense explode. I can't find any downside.

Depends though. While Jeudy is likely better this year than a WR picked at 27, you also have to pay him next year (assuming he plays well). 

Meanwhile pick 27 is cost controlled for at least 4 years. 

So a Jeudy trade is yet another win now move. I’m not opposed to it, but it’s not a no brainer. 

Now if they’d take our 2nd and maybe a 4th, I’d definitely pull the trigger. Would also allow us to use 27 on OL where there may be some value. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Depends though. While Jeudy is likely better this year than a WR picked at 27, you also have to pay him next year (assuming he plays well). 

Meanwhile pick 27 is cost controlled for at least 4 years. 

So a Jeudy trade is yet another win now move. I’m not opposed to it, but it’s not a no brainer. 

I don't think it's a win now move. Trading for DeAndre Hopkins is win now. Jeudy is going to be 24 next month. Most people think pick #27 this year is going to get you a player with a 2nd round grade. Jeudy was universally a 1st round grade drafted 15th overall. You sacrifice 3 years of his rookie deal but the value is still equivalent IMO.

The cap is going to skyrocket over the next couple years as new streaming, network, and gambling deals enter the calculation. I'm not worried about paying his 5th year option in 2024 or extending him beyond that year. We can lock up a WR with #1 upside to play across from Diggs until the time is right to move on from Diggs. That's a move that's both win now and win later.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Add me to the pile that would happily trade our 1st for Jerry Jeudy. 

He'll be just 24 at the start of next season. The Bills would have him for at least two seasons (if fifth year exercise is optioned). Could add another via franchise tag. His coming into his prime would line up perfectly with the end of Diggs' time here. 

Outstanding player who has been hampered by injuries, bad QB play, and playcalling dysfunction. 

His insertion into the WR corps would be EXACTLY what's needed to take the unit from pretty good to great. 

Diggs/Jeudy/Davis/Harty/Shakir. Yes please!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I don't think it's a win now move. Trading for DeAndre Hopkins is win now. Jeudy is going to be 24 next month. Most people think pick #27 this year is going to get you a player with a 2nd round grade. Jeudy was universally a 1st round grade drafted 15th overall. You sacrifice 3 years of his rookie deal but the value is still equivalent IMO.

The cap is going to skyrocket over the next couple years as new streaming, network, and gambling deals enter the calculation. I'm not worried about paying his 5th year option in 2024 or extending him beyond that year. We can lock up a WR with #1 upside to play across from Diggs until the time is right to move on from Diggs. That's a move that's both win now and win later.

If we make the deal I’ll get on board, because I trust this front office, have always liked Jeudy, and would love to see another legit weapon (particularly a route runner) for Josh. 

I’d just prefer not to spend a 1st. But again, Beane knows the market better, and what is or isn’t actually available, so I’ll be happy to be wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Not a huge fan of Jeudy, not a hater either. He’s talented and could help the team. The draft picks also could.

Big supporter of fixing this offensive line for Josh and giving both him and the run game an elevated chance of success - Starters and depth (which is obviously the McGovern signing) to see where we are. RT is a question as are both guard spots. You then have Morse due for another concussion. Just a lot of pieces that are up in the air and could have cost controlled fixes.

If we still need that piece to take us where we believe Jeudy would, then there’s got to be a team that would move a guy during the season; maybe even him if he isn’t traded and the wheels have come off for Denver again prior to the trade deadline. 

For Josh and essentially the team… I, personally, feel he’d benefit more from better all around line play than another toy. The old adage of “a QB can make a WR” comes to mind. Josh has and can dominate with just one bonafide star. Protect the franchise.

Edited by BBFL

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Now that I know a 1st gets it done, I'm going to be mad if this doesn't happen. Nobody we could draft with our 1st rounder is going to make as big a difference as Jeudy would. We would now have two legit outside WRs, one with great route running one with great speed; an explosive slot in Deonte Harty; and Davis and Shakir as outside/slot depth options with complementary skill sets. Draft some OL and watch this offense explode. I can't find any downside.

Theoretically they could move 27 for Jeudy and then trade Davis or Oliver to get a pick back.   Davis, on the conservative side, I’m thinking a 3rd and Oliver an early Day 3 pick.  

I could see Beane wanting to get a quality pick back, given we only have six picks as is.  

1 minute ago, Saint Doug said:

I’d give a 2nd. A 1st if we knew we could sign him long-term. After a year of Josh Allen throwing to him, I doubt he’ll come cheap. 

Bills would have him at 5M this year and then control the 5th year option the following year. 

If all goes to plan and Jeudy shows he’s a WR1.. his big cap hits would be 3-4 years out… as Diggs cap hit comes off.  

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Pass, his contract is almost up. Wont get any value from a trade and then have to work on a deal while he hasnt proven much.

I agree. His 2nd year was a wash. I'll take my chances  with an early round wr this year and one next year. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER

50 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Pass, his contract is almost up. Wont get any value from a trade and then have to work on a deal while he hasnt proven much.

He hasn’t proven much because he hasn’t had any decent QB throwing to him. Still he put up decent numbers. I think there’s a lot of value to unlock here. 

2 hours ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

I would also happily give up a first for Juedy. Big upside, 24, and no talent like him at 27. Get it done Beane!

Age barely matters. Years remaining on rookie contract matters far more. 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Theoretically they could move 27 for Jeudy and then trade Davis or Oliver to get a pick back.   Davis, on the conservative side, I’m thinking a 3rd and Oliver an early Day 3 pick.  

I could see Beane wanting to get a quality pick back, given we only have six picks as is.  

Have no interest in moving Davis if were picking up another stud WR... i know that sounds backwards, but I think he'd EAT in 3 and 4 WR sets with another guy here.  We can move Diggs into the slot 50/50 to get these snaps, run 4 WR sets, and be a nice piece spelling the other guys

STAT NERDS:

Im curious what % of his snaps are in slot vs outside. Im interested in the #s but also would like to know where people find these stats? Ive tried looking on pro football reference before and couldnt find it (was pretty sure thats where ppl find them)

Edited by BillsShredder83
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Have no interest in moving Davis if were picking up another stud WR... i know that sounds backwards, but I think he'd EAT in 3 and 4 WR sets with another guy here.  We can move Diggs into the slot 50/50 to get these snaps, run 4 WR sets, and be a nice piece spelling the other guys

Don’t know how I’d feel about trading Davis either.  We know he can be a monster as the 3rd option.  

But.. it’s likely one year of that… maybe if we draft someone, we pay Gabe.  If it’s Jeudy, probably not. 

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Don’t know how I’d feel about trading Davis either.  We know he can be a monster as the 3rd option.  

But.. it’s likely one year of that… maybe if we draft someone, we pay Gabe.  If it’s Jeudy, probably not. 

I agree with this, let the season play out and then make the decision, hopefully a tough one🤔

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.