What’s your offer for WR Jerry Jeudy?

Buffalo_Stampede

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Jeudy was injured his second season but his 1st and 3rd seasons were quite similar to the start of Diggs career.

I think a lot of people misremember what kind of WR Diggs was at Minnesota.........Diggs wasn't considered a top 5 WR there........that happened in Buffalo.

And Diggs value was tamped down by having a $15M aav contract............Jeudy has a sub $3M cap hit in 2023.

Exactly this, and i believe he could really explode here with Allen pitching him the ball. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Yeah he had some injuries and yeah he did have some dropsies but his QB has been trash his entire career. Russell Wilson lol. The guy is young and very talented. Sometimes you need to look at the upside rather than his resume thus far. So that being said maybe we can negotiate a lesser deal and not give up too much. But if it was me I would have no problem giving them our first this year for him.  

The number 1 WR in the NFL was traded for a 2nd round pick.  Potential or no potential, he is not worth the price of a first rounder.  He has underwhelmed.  He was a talented player coming out, but his bad QB play doesn't excuse his drops and injuries.  

Again, not at all against getting Jeudy, but just against giving up a package that suggests he is a top 5 WR because he has not played anywhere close to that compensation.  

Broncos have 2 years of him still on a rookie deal with a ton invested into their QB and now their offensive guru HC.  Why suddenly are trying to trade one of their few young talents?  Especially in a year they gave up so much to get a HC to fix the offense?  

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The number 1 WR in the NFL was traded for a 2nd round pick.  Potential or no potential, he is not worth the price of a first rounder.  He has underwhelmed.  He was a talented player coming out, but his bad QB play doesn't excuse his drops and injuries.  

Again, not at all against getting Jeudy, but just against giving up a package that suggests he is a top 5 WR because he has not played anywhere close to that compensation.  

Broncos have 2 years of him still on a rookie deal with a ton invested into their QB and now their offensive guru HC.  Why suddenly are trying to trade one of their few young talents?  Especially in a year they gave up so much to get a HC to fix the offense?  

Him having 2 years left on the deal plays into the value. I wouldn't normally be up for trading a #1 for him. But #27 in this class is worth about #60 in most classes. I'd consider it. Maybe if they'd throw me a mid round pick back the other way or something... 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Him having 2 years left on the deal plays into the value. I wouldn't normally be up for trading a #1 for him. But #27 in this class is worth about #60 in most classes. I'd consider it. Maybe if they'd throw me a mid round pick back the other way or something... 

Well to make matters worse, some were wanting to offer more than a first for Jeudy.  

If we traded #27 for Jeudy and a 3rd, then that is a different convo.  I could handle that more than trading a first and Oliver/Davis like people have been suggesting.  

But, I still think getting Hopkins for less and then drafting someone in the next 2 years to keep on a rookie deal for the 4-5 more years after that is more appealing.  

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Well to make matters worse, some were wanting to offer more than a first for Jeudy.  

If we traded #27 for Jeudy and a 3rd, then that is a different convo.  I could handle that more than trading a first and Oliver/Davis like people have been suggesting.  

But, I still think getting Hopkins for less and then drafting someone in the next 2 years to keep on a rookie deal for the 4-5 more years after that is more appealing.  

I'd be all over DHop. 

• Agree 2

33 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Jeudy was injured his second season but his 1st and 3rd seasons were quite similar to the start of Diggs career.

I think a lot of people misremember what kind of WR Diggs was at Minnesota.........Diggs wasn't considered a top 5 WR there........that happened in Buffalo.

And Diggs value was tamped down by having a $15M aav contract............Jeudy has a sub $3M cap hit in 2023.

If you're projecting, are you signing Jeudy to a long term deal?

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Come on bud, I totally respect you as a poster, so no disrespect, but you can't be serious.  For a WR who averages 700 yards and 3 TD's for his career?  Wow, I have no idea how you get to that value.  

I mean Hopkins in his prime was traded to the Cardinals for a 2nd round pick when he was the consensus best WR in the NFL.  And you think a first and someone like Oliver or Davis is what Jeudy is worth?  Why because of a college season 4 years ago?  Because its not based on his NFL resume.  He has struggled with drops, had several injuries, and has not lived up to his draft hype, not even with Russel Wilson as his QB.  

Come on bud, that is crazy.  And I would puke if we gave that much up for Jeudy, and I am not even against trading for him.  I just prefer a cheaper move to get Hopkins.  I love Beane and one of his biggest supporters, but I would turn on him in a second if he gave up a first and a good player for Jeudy.  

Alpha, I know Bopkins is far more accomplished, but the contrast is who threw to Jeudy?  Hopkins had Watson and yes, he’s a POS as a human being, but had great QB skills prior to his suspensions, and then Murray is also better than anyone who played in Denver.

I don’t think a 1st is the best, but I don’t know if we could get him for a 2nd.  When I meant a player, I’m referring to someone like McKenzje.

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Come on bud, I totally respect you as a poster, so no disrespect, but you can't be serious.  For a WR who averages 700 yards and 3 TD's for his career?  Wow, I have no idea how you get to that value.  

I mean Hopkins in his prime was traded to the Cardinals for a 2nd round pick when he was the consensus best WR in the NFL.  And you think a first and someone like Oliver or Davis is what Jeudy is worth?  Why because of a college season 4 years ago?  Because its not based on his NFL resume.  He has struggled with drops, had several injuries, and has not lived up to his draft hype, not even with Russel Wilson as his QB.  

Come on bud, that is crazy.  And I would puke if we gave that much up for Jeudy, and I am not even against trading for him.  I just prefer a cheaper move to get Hopkins.  I love Beane and one of his biggest supporters, but I would turn on him in a second if he gave up a first and a good player for Jeudy.  

And fwiw, I respect the heck out of your opinions as well.  There are some guys I listen to more and you’re one of them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Alpha, I know Bopkins is far more accomplished, but the contrast is who threw to Jeudy?  Hopkins had Watson and yes, he’s a POS as a human being, but had great QB skills prior to his suspensions, and then Murray is also better than anyone who played in Denver.

I don’t think a 1st is the best, but I don’t know if we could get him for a 2nd.  When I meant a player, I’m referring to someone like McKenzje.

And fwiw, I respect the heck out of your opinions as well.  There are some guys I listen to more and you’re one of them.

I totally get the QB comparisons, but D-Hop didn't have a bunch of injuries or the dropsies.  Jeudy has had both.  And again, I am not at all against trading for Jeudy on his potential, I am just objecting to the compensation being so steep to get him.  I would do it in a heart beat for a 3rd, but Broncos won't go that low, and I could stomach a 2nd.  But some were suggesting multiple 2nd's, or a first and a player like Oliver or Davis.  That was were I was like that is way too expensive.

And thanks for the compliments, the feeling is mutual.  

Ultimately, the way I see things is that I am looking at a 2 year SB window before this team sees a lot of transition of the roster and maybe even the staff.  If we traded for Hopkins, it would likely be on a restructured deal that would probably mean he is here 2 years before the team gets outs.  Jeudy has one year and then a 5th year option, so essentially trading for him only assures us 2 years.  If Jeudy excels next to Diggs with Allen, he might be too expensive to resign in 2 years unless we move on from Diggs.  And if he doesn't have a big market, that likely means he didn't live up to the trade compensation if we gave up a lot to get him.  

So the only assurances I see is both would be here 2 years, during the peak of this rosters SB window as its made up now.  I would rather have the elite WR in Hopkins for that run than a guy who has potential, but has not lived up to his draft expectations.  Especially if it was cheaper to acquire Hopkins.  Then draft a young WR or 2 during the couple of drafts to develop behind them and get multiple years out of them on a rookie deal during Allens prime years.

But again, I won't be upset at all if we trade for Jeudy, we need WR help...I just pray its not for the prices I see floating around this thread.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I totally get the QB comparisons, but D-Hop didn't have a bunch of injuries or the dropsies.  Jeudy has had both.  And again, I am not at all against trading for Jeudy on his potential, I am just objecting to the compensation being so steep to get him.  I would do it in a heart beat for a 3rd, but Broncos won't go that low, and I could stomach a 2nd.  But some were suggesting multiple 2nd's, or a first and a player like Oliver or Davis.  That was were I was like that is way too expensive.

And thanks for the compliments, the feeling is mutual.  

Ultimately, the way I see things is that I am looking at a 2 year SB window before this team sees a lot of transition of the roster and maybe even the staff.  If we traded for Hopkins, it would likely be on a restructured deal that would probably mean he is here 2 years before the team gets outs.  Jeudy has one year and then a 5th year option, so essentially trading for him only assures us 2 years.  If Jeudy excels next to Diggs with Allen, he might be too expensive to resign in 2 years unless we move on from Diggs.  And if he doesn't have a big market, that likely means he didn't live up to the trade compensation if we gave up a lot to get him.  

So the only assurances I see is both would be here 2 years, during the peak of this rosters SB window as its made up now.  I would rather have the elite WR in Hopkins for that run than a guy who has potential, but has not lived up to his draft expectations.  Especially if it was cheaper to acquire Hopkins.  Then draft a young WR or 2 during the couple of drafts to develop behind them and get multiple years out of them on a rookie deal during Allens prime years.

But again, I won't be upset at all if we trade for Jeudy, we need WR help...I just pray its not for the prices I see floating around this thread.

would you rather jeudy and like 20m in other cap space though, as it’s not just a pick. Gets more interesting when it’s jeudy and another good player or Hopkins 

Jeudy is a pro bowler along with Diggs if he comes here, barring injury of course, which hasn’t been easy for him. Good enough to evolve into the #1. 
Love the Oliver and a 3rd suggestion above. I really like Ed, but somebody making less can likely provide similar production. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

would you rather jeudy and like 20m in other cap space though, as it’s not just a pick. Gets more interesting when it’s jeudy and another good player or Hopkins 

Which is a very important component of Jeudy's value.   He's inexpensive.

And there is also the concern that Hopkins is in permanent decline and not just the victim of misfortune the past two seasons.   We just witnessed AJ Green and Julio Jones fall down similarly around age 30......assumed they could bounce back because of how great they had been.......and yet they did not.   Same concern with OBJ........but, of course, OBJ doesn't require draft pick compensation.    

Time is on Jeudy's side.    

• Disagree 1

52 minutes ago, mathja said:

Jeudy is a pro bowler along with Diggs if he comes here, barring injury of course, which hasn’t been easy for him. Good enough to evolve into the #1. 
Love the Oliver and a 3rd suggestion above. I really like Ed, but somebody making less can likely provide similar production. 

I didn't think they'd get more than a late 3rd for Oliver in trade due to his 8 figure base salary.........but Hargrave getting $20M+ per year is good for Ed Oliver's trade value.   I don't think Denver would part with Jeudy for less than a late #1 value but maybe there is an exception. 

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Which is a very important component of Jeudy's value.   He's inexpensive.

And there is also the concern that Hopkins is in permanent decline and not just the victim of misfortune the past two seasons.   We just witnessed AJ Green and Julio Jones fall down similarly around age 30......assumed they could bounce back because of how great they had been.......and yet they did not.   Same concern with OBJ........but, of course, OBJ doesn't require draft pick compensation.    

Time is on Jeudy's side.    

we’d probably give him some of that “just because we have it” money so he likes us though 

• Agree 2

Although i don't like the thought of giving up our first, There is not one receiver that could walk in here and give us what he potentially can. There are and have been exceptions to this so i can't say with 100 percent certainty this will be the case.

He would come in cost controlled with a great carrot in front of him as well. Bottom line for me i really liked him as a prospect and have seen enough flashes to believe he still has all those elite traits.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.