Draft Prospect Interviews with Bills - Post 'em here

Yantha

2 hours ago, Yantha said:

I'm not sure I agree on that one, with respect.

The league (and every sport really) is all about bigger, faster, stronger.  On one way you might be right by adding "leaner".

Tell me the dominant DT's in this league who can both rush the pass passer and stop the run then tell me where they were drafted that are above 320. 

Vita Vea? ...Quinnen Williams is only 305, Chris Jones isn't 320, Aaron Donald isn't close, Simmons 305....There aren't guys out there 320 plus who rush the passer with success its a fallacy. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Tell me the dominant DT's in this league who can both rush the pass passer and stop the run then tell me where they were drafted that are above 320. 

Vita Vea? ...Quinnen Williams is only 305, Chris Jones isn't 320, Aaron Donald isn't close, Simmons 305....There aren't guys out there 320 plus who rush the passer with success its a fallacy. 

Well one thing's for sure...We have no DTs under contract next year and going into next off season that way, I don't expect to happen. That being said, I'm willing to bet Beane has some scenarios where he has hypothetical plans in place and very likely to be talking to other teams about draft day scenarios, for example....

I wouldn't be surprised if Beane has a trade set up for Oliver if the draft falls a certain way. Let's say Kancey and Breese are sitting there and they select one with an agreement that in that situation they trade Ed to Houston for 33/73/201 ( one of their 2 3rds and one of their 2 6ths), while giving them our 2024 2nd.?

We get Campbell at 33 and maybe use 91 and 59 to move up in the 2nd again....and maybe get a top IOL or TE.  A 1st, 2 2nds and a relatively good spot in the 3rd could give us 4 impact players right off the bat. That may all sound like fantasy, but my point is I'm betting Beane is gonna have several plan B's cooked up and will possibly have deals in place should things go certain ways.

In the above scenario maybe instead he sends pick 91 to the Ravens for Patrick Queen then selects Sanders at 33. Not one of us knows what will ultimately happen.

However, I just don't see him standing pat with and where our lowly 6 picks are....and although we may get a banner year out of Ed, will he get stupid money from some team next year....and did we not learn anything from hanging on to Edmunds last year?

Edited by nosejob

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

That's not the role of a bigger DT.  It's to command double teams by guards and centers, freeing up a gap for pass rushers like Drew Sanders.  The GOOD ones can also collapse the pocket, throwing some QB's off their game/timing.

Edited by Yantha

29 minutes ago, Yantha said:

That's not the role of a bigger DT.  It's to command double teams by guards and centers, freeing up a gap for pass rushers like Drew Sanders.  The GOOD ones can also collapse the pocket, throwing some QB's off their game/timing.

Ok again give me the guys 320 plus that can do those things on a consistent basis. I'll even give in that can collapse pockets while taking on double teams. Tell me where they were drafted. 

Vita Vea top 15, Dexter Lawrence top 25, Daron Payne top 15, maybe D.J. Reader ....there are probably at most 10 guys in the entire NFL that meets all your criteria...their unicorns. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Ok again give me the guys 320 plus that can do those things on a consistent basis. I'll even give in that can collapse pockets while taking on double teams. Tell me where they were drafted. 

Vita Vea top 15, Dexter Lawrence top 25, Daron Payne top 15, maybe D.J. Reader ....there are probably at most 10 guys in the entire NFL that meets all your criteria...their unicorns. 

Respectfully, I don't have the time to do a full NFL player breakdown.  There aren't many players that are stud DT's that can do all those things.

There are also very few QB's in the league that can do what Josh Allen can do, but that doesn't stop teams from trying to find a "Josh Allen" to add to their team.

Why limit yourself and belittle the idea of finding so called "unicorns"?  

That just does not compute for me, sorry.  I'm looking for unicorns at every single position.  No limits.  36350_88a733f2e7014ecda96d7bf1f3d20472.thumb.jpg.b3e4e06d5115e31bdb9711bf57634d81.jpg

Edited by Yantha

12 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Or you can evaluate players on your own and come to your own consensus just saying, but everyone wants to be lazy then act aghast at the team after they don’t choose a guy. 

It’s the same way in college ball, how dare this coach not go after a 5 star player 

Sure you can, and your analysis would be subject to the same subjectiveness and vulnerability to error as everybody else's.  I'm not trying to be critical.  You might be right in your analysis, even going against the consensus, but if you were right every time, you'd be the first and only.  In any case, from the outside looking in, it's all in the fun of the pre-draft season.

4 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Sure you can, and your analysis would be subject to the same subjectiveness and vulnerability to error as everybody else's.  I'm not trying to be critical.  You might be right in your analysis, even going against the consensus, but if you were right every time, you'd be the first and only.  In any case, from the outside looking in, it's all in the fun of the pre-draft season.

im wrong a lot, but I also don’t get on here when the Bills don’t choose the guy rated 16th on Joe Bs board at 59 because the writer decided they would be a good player. 

You only hear about the guys who in hindsight were successful. The DK Metcalfs, Russell Wilson’s etc. You don’t see anyone complaining 5 years later about the guy rated 16 and went 70th and ended up being terrible 

38 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Can they order him a massive steak and double fries? If we are drafting that kid he needs a serious feeding up. 

I’m not sure there is much room for him to put on much more mass.  At the combine, he didn’t look rail thin at 183lbs, but he is pretty small.

On 4/11/2023 at 12:04 PM, HappyDays said:

Our very own @Astrobot ranked the TEs by the number of contacts the Bills have had with them:

Based on this list, if I had to guess our possible targets:

Round 1: Dalton Kincaid

Round 2: Darnell Washington

Round 3(or 4?): Luke Schoonmaker

This is awesome.  LaPorta please ! 

Buffalo Bills have an INTERESTING TREND on players they've visited two or more times.... MOST are WRs and TE's...  plus Torrence....

I don't want to read too much into this, but they surely want to get their offensive pick RIGHT.  Highlighted below.  Also highlighted below are the Private workouts.

Jordan Addison^, Wide Receiver, USC (COM, PRO, PRI)

Adetomiwa Adebawore, Defensive End, Northwestern (COM)

Jordan Battle, Safety, Alabama (PRI)

Brian Branch, Safety, Alabama (WOR)

Julius Brents, Cornerback, Kansas State (COM)

Ji'Ayir Brown, Safety, Penn State (COM)

Nathaniel Dell^, Wide Receiver, Houston (PRI, WOR)

Gervon Dexter, Defensive Tackle, Florida (PRI)

Josh Downs, Wide Receiver, North Carolina (COM)

Payne Durham, Tight End, Purdue (VIR)

Zay Flowers^, Wide Receiver, Boston College (COM, PRI)

Derick Hall, Outside Linebacker, Auburn (VIR)

Jalin Hyatt, Wide Receiver, Tennessee (PRI)

Roschon Johnson, Running Back, Texas (PRO)

Justin Marshall^, Wide Receiver, Buffalo (WOR, LOC)

Michael Mayer, Tight End, Notre Dame (COM)

Kendre Miller, Running Back, TCU (PRI)

Riley Moss, Cornerback, Iowa (COM)

Zacch Pickens, Defensive Tackle, South Carolina (PRI)

Jayden Reed, Wide Receiver, Michigan State (COM)

Bijan Robinson^, Running Back, Texas (COM, PRO)

Jammie Robinson, Safety, Florida State (COM)

Jaquelin Roy, Defensive Tackle, LSU (PRI)

John Michael Schmitz, Center, Minnesota (VIR)

Luke Schoonmaker, Tight End, Michigan (COM)

Juice Scruggs, Center, Penn State (VIR)

Justin Shorter, Wide Receiver, Florida (PRI)

Trenton Simpson, Linebacker, Clemson (COM)

Mazi Smith, Defensive Tackle, Michigan (PRI)

Nolan Smith, Outside Linebacker, Georgia (COM)

Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Wide Receiver, Ohio State (PRI)

Tyjae Spears, Running Back, Tulane (WOR)

O'Cyrus Torrence^, Offensive Guard, Florida (PRI, PRO)

Tuli Tuipulotu, Defensive End, USC (COM)

Darnell Washington^, Tight End, Georgia (COM, PRI)

Michael Wilson, Wide Receiver, Stanford (COM)

Darnell Wright, Offensive Tackle, Tennessee (PRI)

Byron Young, Defensive End, Tennessee (COM)

Christian Young, Safety, Arizona (WOR)

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Yantha said:

Buffalo Bills have an INTERESTING TREND on players they've visited two or more times.... MOST are WRs and TE's...  plus Torrence....

I don't want to read too much into this, but they surely want to get their offensive pick RIGHT.  Highlighted below.  Also highlighted below are the Private workouts.

Jordan Addison^, Wide Receiver, USC (COM, PRO, PRI)

Adetomiwa Adebawore, Defensive End, Northwestern (COM)

Jordan Battle, Safety, Alabama (PRI)

Brian Branch, Safety, Alabama (WOR)

Julius Brents, Cornerback, Kansas State (COM)

Ji'Ayir Brown, Safety, Penn State (COM)

Nathaniel Dell^, Wide Receiver, Houston (PRI, WOR)

Gervon Dexter, Defensive Tackle, Florida (PRI)

Josh Downs, Wide Receiver, North Carolina (COM)

Payne Durham, Tight End, Purdue (VIR)

Zay Flowers^, Wide Receiver, Boston College (COM, PRI)

Derick Hall, Outside Linebacker, Auburn (VIR)

Jalin Hyatt, Wide Receiver, Tennessee (PRI)

Roschon Johnson, Running Back, Texas (PRO)

Justin Marshall^, Wide Receiver, Buffalo (WOR, LOC)

Michael Mayer, Tight End, Notre Dame (COM)

Kendre Miller, Running Back, TCU (PRI)

Riley Moss, Cornerback, Iowa (COM)

Zacch Pickens, Defensive Tackle, South Carolina (PRI)

Jayden Reed, Wide Receiver, Michigan State (COM)

Bijan Robinson^, Running Back, Texas (COM, PRO)

Jammie Robinson, Safety, Florida State (COM)

Jaquelin Roy, Defensive Tackle, LSU (PRI)

John Michael Schmitz, Center, Minnesota (VIR)

Luke Schoonmaker, Tight End, Michigan (COM)

Juice Scruggs, Center, Penn State (VIR)

Justin Shorter, Wide Receiver, Florida (PRI)

Trenton Simpson, Linebacker, Clemson (COM)

Mazi Smith, Defensive Tackle, Michigan (PRI)

Nolan Smith, Outside Linebacker, Georgia (COM)

Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Wide Receiver, Ohio State (PRI)

Tyjae Spears, Running Back, Tulane (WOR)

O'Cyrus Torrence^, Offensive Guard, Florida (PRI, PRO)

Tuli Tuipulotu, Defensive End, USC (COM)

Darnell Washington^, Tight End, Georgia (COM, PRI)

Michael Wilson, Wide Receiver, Stanford (COM)

Darnell Wright, Offensive Tackle, Tennessee (PRI)

Byron Young, Defensive End, Tennessee (COM)

Christian Young, Safety, Arizona (WOR)

one big name missing from this list is TE Dalton Kincaid. Could the Bills be trying to hide that until closer to the draft?

20 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

one big name missing from this list is TE Dalton Kincaid. Could the Bills be trying to hide that until closer to the draft?

Well they ARE looking at TE's clearly, to that might be a strategy!

Bills also had Deonte Banks CB from Maryland

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/19/deonte-banks-closes-out-pre-draft-visits-with-bills/amp/

Today is the last day for pre-draft visits if I read things right. What is interesting is guys like Josh Downs and Calijah Kancey had 0 top 30 visits this cycle. Maybe those two are going to go a lot later than initially thought. Both are very talented but very small for their position.

Interesting LEBills, about Kancey.

That prospect has me confused.  This is a weird thing maybe, but when I saw him at the combine, scouts/commentators were raving about him, and he had a good showing at the combine as well.

........but all I could focus on was his skinny calves.........  I mean, I know that's odd, but how does a big man like Kancey have skinny calves..  lol.....

ScreenShot2023-04-19at5_01_57PM.png.875e3be1a67ad3d6375bdf7513884647.png

One of my favorite Defensive backs in this entire draft. I still think he sneaks into round 2 as it appears from rumors he's going to go late 2 early 3rd when previously it was thought he'd go 3rd to 4th round.  I'd love for the Bills to grab him in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

One of my favorite Defensive backs in this entire draft. I still think he sneaks into round 2 as it appears from rumors he's going to go late 2 early 3rd when previously it was thought he'd go 3rd to 4th round.  I'd love for the Bills to grab him in the draft. 

Nice find, that makes 23 visits. Agreed he is a good player.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I wonder if these DB and CB visits are a result of seeing Tre27 at the workouts this week?

likely just an obsession from the front office and staff with DB and DL prospects 

21 hours ago, HappyDays said:

22 visits reported so far.

Kincaid, Mayer, LaPorta, Robinson would be my guesses on 4 more

Edited by Warriorspikes51

22 hours ago, HappyDays said:

It pains me that Charbonnet will likely go around the same range of where James Cook was drafted last year.  This visit is interesting though, Charbonnet has to be off the table this year considering the Cook pick last year. 

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Yantha said:

Interesting LEBills, about Kancey.

That prospect has me confused.  This is a weird thing maybe, but when I saw him at the combine, scouts/commentators were raving about him, and he had a good showing at the combine as well.

........but all I could focus on was his skinny calves.........  I mean, I know that's odd, but how does a big man like Kancey have skinny calves..  lol.....

ScreenShot2023-04-19at5_01_57PM.png.875e3be1a67ad3d6375bdf7513884647.png

it's like the time I met Willie McGinest in Vegas. He was wearing shorts and his legs were crazy skinny compared to the rest of his body. My coworkers and I talked about that phenomenon often after that. I mean they were freakishly skinny... weird 

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Prospector said:

it's like the time I met Willie McGinest in Vegas. He was wearing shorts and his legs were crazy skinny compared to the rest of his body. My coworkers and I talked about that phenomenon often after that. I mean they were freakishly skinny... weird 

that was quite a beating he gave you.  You know they got it on tape right?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Is he a safety or CB?

13 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

likely just an obsession from the front office and staff with DB and DL prospects 

Kincaid, Mayer, LaPorta, Robinson would be my guesses on 4 more

It is a passing league and if you are going to face stacked WR groups like Miami’s and Cinci’s, then having outstanding CBs seems a reasonable plan.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.