Diggs unfollows Buffalo, follows Cowgirls 🤷‍♂️

DaggersEOD

18 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think "Some body" is mis-understanding what they read on OverTheCap, which is a bit confusing.

https://overthecap.com/player/stefon-diggs/3994

In a trade designated "post June 1", it's true that Diggs would cost $11.8M against the cap this season, as his guaranteed salary would go to the trade partner.

But Diggs has a $7.5M prorated bonus due in '24, '25, and '26, then $3.2M due in '27.  That sums to $25.7M dead cap hit in 2024 for the Bills if they trade him, and designate the trade their single "post-June 1" move.  $11.8M + $25.7M  = $37.5M, which agrees with the dead cap hit reported for a pre-June 1 trade.

I think you know this, but also to be understood is that in a post-June 1 scenario, Diggs counts against the Bills cap at his current $20.3M cap number until after June 1.

Ah yes. That makes way more sense. Thank you!

• Like (+1) 1

He wants this team to get a legitimate WR 2 to take attention from him.  

Davis hasn’t been it - yet.  

I still think he’s just venting because he knows the window closed with a group who’s starting defenses never played 1 snap together and is possibly losing 3 starters from it (if they trade Ed).   

And 13 seconds will weigh on these guys forever.  I’ll die on this hill.  Look at fans I can’t imagine how players still feel especially after watching this season go up in flames and at home - the place we were told we needed to win in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I think "Some body" is mis-understanding what they read on OverTheCap, which is a bit confusing.

https://overthecap.com/player/stefon-diggs/3994

In a trade designated "post June 1", it's true that Diggs would cost $11.8M against the cap this season, as his guaranteed salary would go to the trade partner.

But Diggs has a $7.5M prorated bonus due in '24, '25, and '26, then $3.2M due in '27.  That sums to $25.7M dead cap hit in 2024 for the Bills if they trade him, and designate the trade their single "post-June 1" move.  $11.8M + $25.7M  = $37.5M, which agrees with the dead cap hit reported for a pre-June 1 trade.

I think you know this, but also to be understood is that in a post-June 1 scenario, Diggs counts against the Bills cap at his current $20.3M cap number until after June 1.

Trades cannot be designated post 6/1, they have to be executed post 6/1 if the team is to delay some of the cap hit. The 6/1 designation is only for cut players.

Lots of people are missing some details on a Diggs trade. The only time this season that he can reasonably be traded is before his $16M roster bonus is paid. It is due between 3/15 & 3/21. Most people look at Spotrac and see $37.6M dead cap and -$17.3M in cap savings if he’s traded and think it is impossible. But those figures include the $16M bonus. Without that the dead cap is “only” $21.6M and the cap implications of trading him is only $1.3M in lost space. That’s not great, but it is definitely possible. 

Edited by BarleyNY

22 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Trades cannot be designated post 6/1, they have to be executed post 6/1 if the team is to delay some of the cap hit. The 6/1 designation is only for cut players.

Lots of people are missing some details on a Diggs trade. The only time this season that he can reasonably be traded is before his $16M roster bonus is paid. It is due between 3/15 & 3/21. Most people look at Spotrac and see $37.6M dead cap and -$17.3M in cap savings if he’s traded and think it is impossible. But those figures include the $16M bonus. Without that the dead cap is “only” $21.6M and the cap implications of trading him is only $1.3M in lost space. That’s not great, but it is definitely possible. 

Interesting!  Spotrac shows that as an option bonus of 5 - $3.2M per year - so I assumed that had already been exercised.

But, if it's due coming up - yeah, I see your calculations.  He could be traded for a $21.6M dead cap, which is indeed only $1.3M more than his current year cap hit.

Still, in a tight cap year, for the Bills to trade one of their two most talented offensive players, take any cap hit at all, and lose his services - the payoff would have to be pretty damned big.

I did not know that one couldn't designate a trade post June 1, though that makes sense now that I think about it.

Thanks!

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Sounds like he's an Aj Hawk and Pat Macafee fan for those in the know...... or this is some kind of weird phenomenon for athletes with sore legs, my God I hope it's the first lol

I'm not "in the know", couldja 'Spill the Tea'?

19 minutes ago, WMDman said:

AJ Hawk drives w both feet, one for gas one for brake

he also doesnt turn off his car when filing it up w gas

13 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Well, Jeebus, just pay someone to keep your car gassed up for you then, Hawkman!

And double for you, Diggs!

That's not even the best part of AJ Hawk driving, he also admits to falling asleep while driving. Some much so that he wears a device that buzzes to wake him up if his head falls forward.

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, WMDman said:

AJ Hawk drives w both feet, one for gas one for brake

he also doesnt turn off his car when filing it up w gas

Menace! Lol I watch this clip more than I care to admit. Better suited for regular listeners than a casual watcher, but funny af

https://youtu.be/w3SYigVvfQo

Edited by BillsShredder83
I dunno why the link isn't embedding? When I read others posts with a Twitter link. Theirs don't embed either. I have to copy n paste to a new tab. Anyone else have this happening on TBD??? Need a fix if anyone has one, started outta nowhere a month ago

On 3/6/2023 at 12:09 PM, DaggersEOD said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpdD79FunhD/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Not one to worry about this kind of stuff, but things like this always seem to kick off major moves. 🤷‍♂️

If you're "not worried " about it why did you bother posting it? Its a non-story. Why didn't you look into the cap situation?

I've seen other tempermental athletes who were unhappy in Buffalo but for some reason were still playing here while they were unhappy. People like Jack Eichel, Robin Lehner and Alexander Mogilny come to mind. Slava Kozlov and Peter McNab before that. They all eventually got traded but while they were unhappily languishing in Buffalo, they gave far less than their best effort. If Diggs is unhappy in Buffalo but can't force himself out, I can see him take the approach of the three above athletes. If a trade cannot be forced by tweeting etc. then play much less than the usual, yes even dog it, to force a trade. I might be reading into this situation but I've seen this happen too many times. I'm jaded.

Edited by Blah Blah

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.