IF the Bills did trade down, Who would you like?

13 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The middle of second? You’re probably talking Jack Campbell and Cedric Tillman territory and if it’s oline thats Steve Avillas likely area 

This is where I am ... mostly interested in additional picks and getting Avillas

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Herb Nightly said:

per trade value charts Bills would want somewhere around the 42nd to 46th pick in the second round. Plus a 3rd, or several 4th's

Good do it. Load up on picks. The 1st round is weak anyway. If I could snag Tillman & Avila in the 2nd round and have an extra 3rd/4th hell yeah.

21 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I know everybody loves Bijan Robinson, but what if he was gone and there were no good OL or WRs available and somebody offered Buffalo a 2nd + a 3rd for pick #27, who would you take? 

A second & a third i think Beane would take it but the last time we traded down to 27 was the year the Chief's traded with us & they got Mahomes we got Tre but he don't score many points .

If Robinson is there at 27 he is just 1 more weapon for teams to worry about & for those that don't believe a running back is worth the pick i would argue that if the Jets would have had Breece Hall last year the Bills wouldn't have won that second game because there are some running backs that are still worth the roster spot .

Robinson is suppose to be a "generational talent" not seen since Saquan came out so if you can get a talent like that on a cheap contract for 4 to 5 years than get him, win a Super Bowl & let him go at the end of the cheap contract .

10 minutes ago, T master said:

A second & a third i think Beane would take it but the last time we traded down to 27 was the year the Chief's traded with us & they got Mahomes we got Tre but he don't score many points .

If Robinson is there at 27 he is just 1 more weapon for teams to worry about & for those that don't believe a running back is worth the pick i would argue that if the Jets would have had Breece Hall last year the Bills wouldn't have won that second game because there are some running backs that are still worth the roster spot .

Robinson is suppose to be a "generational talent" not seen since Saquan came out so if you can get a talent like that on a cheap contract for 4 to 5 years than get him, win a Super Bowl & let him go at the end of the cheap contract .

I don’t think I could pass on Bijan at 27 either, I think he’s probably the best case scenario for Buffalo, but if he’s gone and we trade down and ended up with Zach Charbonnet and a nasty lineman like Steve Avila or Dawand Jones, I don’t think I could complain either.

Just now, NewEra said:

Ideally, we could trade down and get Paris Johnson.  That’s my best case scenario. 

What are you nuts? Paris Johnson? That guy is a top 15 pick at the latest, we’re talking about a dominant future LT here. Maybe and I mean maybe we could end up with Broderick Jones, but Paris Johnson? No way.

3 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

What are you nuts? Paris Johnson? That guy is a top 15 pick at the latest, we’re talking about a dominant future LT here. Maybe and I mean maybe we could end up with Broderick Jones, but Paris Johnson? No way.

Yeah, I realize that.  Not nuts.  Just a jerk every once in awhile. 

26 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ideally, we could trade down and get Paris Johnson.  That’s my best case scenario. 

Trade down and get Paris Johnson?  I expect he will be gone long before the Bills’ pick at 27.  How would trading back into round 2 allow us to get Johnson?  If you meant trade up for Johnson, then that is likely to cost the Bills’ 1st and 2nd - if we are lucky.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Will certainly be harder finding a trade partner to trade down with.  Not sure who wants to trade up to 27 when there’s supposedly only 15-16 guys with 1st round grades.  

This is a good point

Which is why I think we may end up taking a guy in the first round that has a second round grade

I think they still might chance it, though we only have like six picks in the draft and a lot of players coming up on new deal

This is going to be an important draft for Brandon beane

10 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Premium Centers like Schmitz tend to ride up draft boards the closer to the draft or gets. Wouldn’t surprise me if Schmitz goes in the last 10 picks of round 1 esp in a weak draft like this 

He seems to have tumbled down post combine big boards. PFF dropped him from 52 to 68. Saw him at 76 somewhere else.  Everyone seems to have Tippman and Wypler going before Schmitz now. 

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

I don’t think I could pass on Bijan at 27 either, I think he’s probably the best case scenario for Buffalo, but if he’s gone and we trade down and ended up with Zach Charbonnet and a nasty lineman like Steve Avila or Dawand Jones, I don’t think I could complain either.

If we are fantasizing I would rather get Avila and Dawand Jones and pass on Charbonnet. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chaos said:

If we are fantasizing I would rather get Avila and Dawand Jones and pass on Charbonnet

Yeah, dude, Avila and Dawand Jones would be nuts. Talk about adding some serious beef to that OL.

Charbonnet will be a very good bell cow RB in the NFL though, he’s a very nice prospect.

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Oh, ok, so you’re the jerk and I’m nuts then? With all due respect I’ve only gone nuts one time, I just decided to stay. 😆

🍻 bro!

2 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Trade down and get Paris Johnson?  I expect he will be gone long before the Bills’ pick at 27.  How would trading back into round 2 allow us to get Johnson?  If you meant trade up for Johnson, then that is likely to cost the Bills’ 1st and 2nd - if we are lucky.

I know Bud.  I was just spewing nonsense

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/5/2023 at 8:34 PM, Victory Formation said:

I know everybody loves Bijan Robinson, but what if he was gone and there were no good OL or WRs available and somebody offered Buffalo a 2nd + a 3rd for pick #27, who would you take? 

For some context, the draft value chart would say that Atlanta at 44 & 75 is roughly the equal value to 27. That would leave the Bills with 44, 59, 75, & 91 in the top 100. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

For some context, the draft value chart would say that Atlanta at 44 & 75 is roughly the equal value to 27. That would leave the Bills with 44, 59, 75, & 91 in the top 100. 

While I think I do favour the trade down it is really only from the "more tickets in the raffle" perspective, rather than because I think this is a draft where there is loads of depth. There isn't a big gap likely between who you'd get at #27 and #44 so you are not giving much up and you are buying a 4th lottery ticket. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.