IF the Bills did trade down, Who would you like?

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

While I think I do favour the trade down it is really only from the "more tickets in the raffle" perspective, rather than because I think this is a draft where there is loads of depth. There isn't a big gap likely between who you'd get at #27 and #44 so you are not giving much up and you are buying a 4th lottery ticket. 

Great perspective GB & I think that I agree in this draft. Would you rather Bijan or 44 & 75? That may be a debate (although I think that he goes before 27). I think, for me, 5 years of control, and a potentially great backfield, would be my preference.

While I want WR / OL, I am starting to believe that the quality at 27 won’t be there. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Great perspective GB & I think that I agree in this draft. Would you rather Bijan or 44 & 75? That may be a debate (although I think that he goes before 27). I think, for me, 5 years of control, and a potentially great backfield, would be my preference.

While I want WR / OL, I am starting to believe that the quality at 27 won’t be there. 

You’re talking best case scenario though. Robinson isn’t likely there so it’s more like: 

Would your rather have something like a second tier WR/OL/DB/DE or trade and get an extra 3rd and an extra lottery pick. 

I don’t think anyone would argue that if Bijan Robinson or Peter Skoronski or Broderick Jones etc are there that you take them vs trading down but the realism there is the guys that the Bills have at a position of need aren’t going to be worth the 27th pick so why not add another lottery ticket 

• Agree 1

In trade down, I’d be looking for one of: Steve Avila (G), Luke Wypler (C), maybe John Michael Schmitz (but, Schmitz only weighed 301lbs at the combine and his test scores were nothing special), Josh Down (slot receiver).  

I am still trying to find “the good WR depth”.  I have a lot of games to watch, but I don’t think that any of the outside WRs after Quentin Johnston would walk into training camp as a favorite to beat out Gabe Davis.  There are some slot only guys that could challenge and beat out Shakir for slot.

On 3/6/2023 at 10:34 AM, Victory Formation said:

I know everybody loves Bijan Robinson, but what if he was gone and there were no good OL or WRs available and somebody offered Buffalo a 2nd + a 3rd for pick #27, who would you take? 

Bijan Robinson would be the perfect guy to trade down from.

There are a bunch of guy who I'd like after trades down but until we know where the picks are, it's hard to say with any degree of reason.

Just for gits and shiggles I'd say Mauch, Schmitz, Wypler, Bergeron, Michael Wilson, Zay Flowers, Josh Downs, maybe Mingo, Jayden Reed, or Christopher Smith. Not in order.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/6/2023 at 11:19 PM, BuffaloRebound said:

Will certainly be harder finding a trade partner to trade down with.  Not sure who wants to trade up to 27 when there’s supposedly only 15-16 guys with 1st round grades.  

Yeah, this is why I hope Bijan Robinson is still there. He'd incentivize a team to trade up.

He'll likely be gone, but I'd love it if he's still there and we could trade back.

But all it really takes is one team to fall in love with one guy who's still there. This happens all the time. Could easily happen this year.

15 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If Bijan Robinson is on the board at 27 I’m just selecting him simple as that

He alters what we can do on the field and takes loads of pressure off of Josh Allen

4 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

I am afraid McD will draft another safety.  that would be true to form.  Bean will go along imho..  I will flip out if that happens.

When did Mcd draft a safety since he has been here?

We took a corner last year, which I still feel was the correct player, but it was also based on the fact that we had a star corner coming off of an ACL injury

I don’t think he’s ever used the first round pick on a safety

47 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

If Bijan Robinson is on the board at 27 I’m just selecting him simple as that

He alters what we can do on the field and takes loads of pressure off of Josh Allen

When did Mcd draft a safety since he has been here?

We took a corner last year, which I still feel was the correct player, but it was also based on the fact that we had a star corner coming off of an ACL injury

I don’t think he’s ever used the first round pick on a safety

Bijan would be almost impossible not to pick if he falls.  But on the other hand, he's the kind of player who would land us extra picks. Wouldn't want to be Beane this offseason. 

• Agree 1

For me, the point of trading down is not to target a specific player, but to address a lack of value at #27 and a reasonable hope that there will be multiple players who would be a good and comparable value (to each other).  At that slightly lower spot you'd be able to pick a player who was both a good value and at least somewhat of a need.  Who that is depends on how the first round plays out, along with the top few picks of round 2.  (I would not trade down too far - pick 10 in round 2 would be the very bottom and I'd rather be closer to #5.)

On 3/6/2023 at 8:56 AM, Herb Nightly said:

per trade value charts Bills would want somewhere around the 42nd to 46th pick in the second round. Plus a 3rd, or several 4th's

The best way I see a team wanting to jump up to #27 would be a 1st round talent still available on their board that they want.

It would most likely be a team from #29 through #39.  That's somewhere from a 4th rounder to a lower end 3rd.

I would love if a team like Arizona traded up from #34 and threw in a #96.

The thing is hoping for that team to want to do that and the teams 1-2 slots above not wanting to trade back.

I really hope Beane gets that option!

On 3/5/2023 at 11:25 PM, KingBoots8 said:

Mid 40s roughly would look like this for me:

Offense:

G Steve Avila

C John Michael-Schmitz 

Defense:

LB Jack Campbell

in my eyes it’s got to be those 3 unless someone like a good WR falls for some reason. They’re all immediate starters for sure. I don’t think any of them last to 59 so take whomever you think is going to be BPA. At 59 I think you can get a WR like Dell and go from there, or a player like C/G Joe Tippman, so maybe that bumps Campbell up the list because he looks like he could be too good to pass up. 

I concur with these options.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.