IF the Bills did trade down, Who would you like?

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

??? Take “where”? If Chicago gave us their 2nd round pick vs KC giving us their 2nd rounder. 

I don’t know, let’s split the baby down the middle and let’s say it’s a mid 2nd and a mid 3rd round pick and Buffalo still has their 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th round picks on top of it.

I’m sorry that I was a bit too vague in the OP, I didn’t want to superimpose my thoughts on everyone else, I genuinely wanted to hear everyone else’s opinion on who they would take.

We have a thread on Buffalo staying put at 27 and Buffalo drafting a defensive player at 27 and Buffalo drafting an offensive player at 27, I thought we needed a Trade Down Thread as well.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The middle of second? You’re probably talking Jack Campbell and Cedric Tillman territory and if it’s oline thats Steve Avillas likely area 

Which would be fine with me. All of those players are going to be starters in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

John Michael Schmitz or Darnell Wright if OL. If they go offensive weapon then I want Jayden Reed or Dalton Kincaid. 

Smiz he’s going to be a stud for whatever team gets him that is a plug and play guard or center

7 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Beane has to do right by Allen this off-season and put premium assets into the offense. Plug defensive holes in FA and mid to late round picks. He’s created this situation and now it’s time to fix it. 

And they should

But what do you do if they go out and they actually bring in a heavily priced free agent guard

That’s why this conversation is difficult without knowing what they do in free agency

Next year’s line probably looks like

Dawkins

Bates

Morse

Free agent or draft pick

Spencer Brown

They should draft another guard, and they should draft competition for Spencer Brown at right tackle

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

And they should

But what do you do if they go out and they actually bring in a heavily priced free agent guard

That’s why this conversation is difficult without knowing what they do in free agency

Next year’s line probably looks like

Dawkins

Bates

Morse

Free agent or draft pick

Spencer Brown

They should draft another guard, and they should draft competition for Spencer Brown at right tackle

I'll add (and another poster mentioned this so not taking credit) maybe trade for Shaq Mason from the Bucs (they need cap space) and even extend his deal another year or two. But like you said we're all just throwing darts in the dark until free agency shapes things up a bit.

16 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Beane has to do right by Allen this off-season and put premium assets into the offense. Plug defensive holes in FA and mid to late round picks. He’s created this situation and now it’s time to fix it. 

Will Beane be active at the start of FA? Or will he wait 3-4 weeks for leftovers?

2 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Will Beane be active at the start of FA? Or will he wait 3-4 weeks for leftovers?

My hope is he flips the script and does for the defense what he has done for the offense the past couple years. Wait it out and get some bargain vets on prove it deals. Then dump premium picks and signings into the offense. Enough with these high priced d FAs and day 1 picks. Our d is good enough, which is all we need. 

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

I think he has to free up some cap space and at least sign 1 absolute upgrade (preferably RG) fairly quickly and land a couple guys who could compete for playing time at other positions. 

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I know everybody loves Bijan Robinson, but what if he was gone and there were no good OL or WRs available and somebody offered Buffalo a 2nd + a 3rd for pick #27, who would you take? 

Well, the draft pick value chart says to get a roughly equal value would be with Atlanta for #44 and 75.  So anything above #44 that for a 2nd and 3rd swap, Buffalo would be making out well with that trade.  

Around that area, best Guard, WR, LB or Safety.  I think there is alot of good potential WRs and Oline in this draft.  Let's get 2.  Those 2 positions I wouldn't mind doubling up on.

Edited by hjnick
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, hjnick said:

Well, the draft pick value chart says to get a roughly equal value would be with Atlanta for #44 and 75.  So anything above #44 that for a 2nd and 3rd swap, Buffalo would be making out well with that trade.  

Around that area, best Guard, WR, LB or Safety.  I think there is alot of good potential WRs and Oline in this draft.  Let's get 2.  Those 2 positions I wouldn't mind doubling up on.

Somebody mentioned Steve Avila and I think if Buffalo could get him in a trade down you could do no wrong. Maybe slot him in at RG and eventually have him take over at C, that would be nice. I suppose I wouldn’t mind Zach Charbonnett also, but I would prefer Avila or Dawand Jones.

• Like (+1) 3

Mid 40s roughly would look like this for me:

Offense:

G Steve Avila

C John Michael-Schmitz 

Defense:

LB Jack Campbell

in my eyes it’s got to be those 3 unless someone like a good WR falls for some reason. They’re all immediate starters for sure. I don’t think any of them last to 59 so take whomever you think is going to be BPA. At 59 I think you can get a WR like Dell and go from there, or a player like C/G Joe Tippman, so maybe that bumps Campbell up the list because he looks like he could be too good to pass up. 

• Like (+1) 2

I really don’t care where or when they get them but I’d be thrilled if the Bills selected a couple of young, stud Offensive Guards to anchor the O Line for the duration of Josh’s contract. I’ve said it before, it’s not sexy, but it’ll make everything else so much easier for many years to come. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, whorlnut said:

John Michael Schmitz or Darnell Wright if OL. If they go offensive weapon then I want Jayden Reed or Dalton Kincaid. 

If we trade down would love to get these two and a WR and LB with two 2nd round and two 3rd round picks…. OT Darnell Wright looked really smooth at the combine for such a massive guy. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.