QB Carr to visit the Jets (Update: signed with the Saints)

BillsFan619

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Rotoworld is reporting he signed a 4 year deal with the Saints.  Strange deal for being 31 years old

I feel like Derek Carr has been in the league longer than 10 years or so.  Maybe it’s a carryover from David Carr back in the aughts 😂

Just now, RiotAct said:

I feel like Derek Carr has been in the league longer than 10 years or so.  Maybe it’s a carryover from David Carr back in the aughts 😂

I feel the same way about Crosby/Malkin with the Pens. Both are in their mid 30's but it seems like they have been playing hockey forever.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

You're pry merging your memories of him and his brother.  Or maybe he pulled a Leon Sandcastle on us

29 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Yes Bledsoe!  When he came to the Bills the chatter was that he was going to lift a good roster over the top and into the playoffs. And things sure started out great.

As far as knowing what I'm talking about, I question your knowledge saying that Carr is "much better than Bledsoe".  Sure Carr doesn't throw as many INT's because he's careful with the ball to a fault but Bledsoe did throw for over 44,000 yards and 250 TD's in his career.  My guess is that if Bledsoe was playing today his stats and winning record would look a lot like Carrs.

The 3 seasons prior to joining the Bills, Bledsoe threw 38 TDs and 37 INTs.  He sucked out loud.

Rich Cimini on Twitter: "As @JFowlerESPN notes on @GetUpESPN, #Jets still involved with Rodgers, but contract ($59M in ‘23) is a roadblock. Sounds like they want GB to eat some money. FWIW: AR said in late January he’d be willing to adjust contract. Everything is negotiable - contract, draft comp." / Twitter

20 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Ian Rapoport on Twitter: "The #Saints are giving their new QB Derek Carr a 4-year deal, source said. With a big QB number coming, they'll make it work with their cap situation." / Twitter

Dont let anyone tell you we cant sign someone because of the cap space. The cap is fake.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I wonder if the Jets will try to work out a trade with the Ravens for LJ. Although the Ravens do have the option to franchise him if they want. If the Jets miss on Rodgers, then they are screwed. 

Remember Jet's fans are only limited by their imaginations.  Just like we Bills fans were over the two decade long drought.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Rotoworld is reporting he signed a 4 year deal with the Saints.  Strange deal for being 31 years old

A 31 year old QB? He’s still in his prime.

Bills ducked one. Carr could’ve had a big impact on the Jets offense.

4 minutes ago, arcane said:

Rodgers is off the market?

No not yet. The Jets are going all in for him. Either JD knows he has a deal with Rodgers and that's why they didn't pursue Carr, or this will blow up in their faces. 

13 minutes ago, Gregg said:

No not yet. The Jets are going all in for him. Either JD knows he has a deal with Rodgers and that's why they didn't pursue Carr, or this will blow up in their faces. 

I wonder where that leaves the Raiders, I know Adams really wanted a reunion with Rogers one way or the other. 

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

I wonder where that leaves the Raiders, I know Adams really wanted a reunion with Rogers one way or the other. 

Maybe Rodgers goes there and this all blows up in the Jets faces. I will feel "so bad" if it does :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Rodgers returning to Green Bay. This is PFT from Barstool and pretty locked in to inside sources.  Jets are back to square 1

this is pft? doesnt look like his acct. if it is, id very much dismiss it as 99.9% tom-foolery lol especially afte schefter tried dooping him on Lamar to WASH

edit:

checked the clip of todays episode he literally said "we should just report it, its a 50/50 shot" lollllllllllllllllll

Edited by BillsShredder83

Just now, BillsShredder83 said:

this is pft? doesnt look like his acct. if it is, id very much dismiss it as 99.9% tom-foolery lol especially afte schefter tried dooping him on Lamar to WASH

So it's his dead dog's twitter account and he does these news releases to be funny. They're real inside scoops and if you listened to the show the other day he told schefter if he was messing with him about the lamar news he'd resurrect the account and take schefters job. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

So it's his dead dog's twitter account and he does these news releases to be funny. They're real inside scoops and if you listened to the show the other day he told schefter if he was messing with him about the lamar news he'd resurrect the account and take schefters job. 

yeah this was 100% party of schefty joke

https://twitter.com/LeroyInsider/status/1632751021645606914

OK then, maybe Rodgers isn't off the market.  It sounded plausible given the tweet and the fact that the Packers would need to trade him and his massive contract plus would be looking for picks.  I still can't believe they'd be willing to eat more than  $10M off his current contract and if he's willing to negotiate on the contract, they could do it themselves.

5 hours ago, Gregg said:

Just like the Bills they have to fix their OL. I am not sure they can count on Breece this year. It took Barkley a couple of years to regain his old form from the same injury. Their D while not great is solid. I think they have good WR's. Carr isn't elite but he isn't bad either IMHO. A definite upgrade over what they have. I expect both games against them to be tough, physical games that will be competitive. Just like both games were last year.

I agree on everything but their defense.  I thought they were an elite unit.

Well, no Carr happening 

Apparently Tannehil is their target if no Rodgers 

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/artic...zz/23-most-interesting-things-i-heard-combine
3. As long as we are talking big-name quarterbacks, despite all the rumors of Derek Carr going to the Jets, one thing that held that up was that Jets owner Woody Johnson really wants Aaron Rodgers. So, the staff has had to be supportive of that. However, secretly, the rest of the team's front office wanted Derek Carr. Now that Carr is reportedly signing with New Orleans, the Jets are in “Hoping for Rodgers” mode. If that doesn't work out… who knows?

When Woody Johnson gets involved in the Jets day to day business activities then it means great things for the Bills, Dolphins, and Pats.

• Like (+1) 1

• BillsFan619 changed the title to QB Carr to visit the Jets (Update: signed with the Saints)
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.