Brick-By-Brick, the NFL Losing Me As A Fan

pocoboy

They showed the replay a few times .  I didn’t see any holding at all.  Are there other angles you guys saw that show it?  Otherwise idk how anyone could say it was a clear penalty.

I’m not biased against the chiefs either.  I was rooting for them to win just slightly.  

But I agree with the OP that the NFL isn’t what it used to be.  I had forgotten the SB was even coming up. And I spent a lot of the game reading news articles on my phone because it wasn’t holding my attention.   

• Like (+1) 2

I’m flashing back to last year when the refs didn’t call Diggs being molested in the endzone by a Tampa defender near the end of the game that would have probably gave the Bills a win. And THAT was a penalty for sure.

The one yesterday was a flat out joke and decided a championship.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

I hate to say it, but I don't feel that they want guys like me as consumers anymore. I don't tune in for theatrics, politics, or the type of pop music that litters this "spectacle."

And then, we finally get to the true reason that those who are their loyal, week-in and week-out customers tune in, and then they have systems in place which allow for 1 of 7 underpaid, part-time officials to ruin our primary focus. They take the game and turn it into a mockery.

All of this thrown together, and it gives me the feeling I have better ways to waste my Sunday afternoons. Goodell & the NFL are ruining something I've loved since childhood.

And I even wanted (ever so slightly) for the Chiefs to win.

Puppy bowl was looping on animal planet. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Look I know it can’t be scripted per se

but wow - everytime

eagkes blew the doors off the chiefs first half

second half?  How does a team fall that flat?  

then of course the TERRIBLE AND TIMELY flag thrown on something that happens every play…

It was a 10 point game at half (missed KC FG) and yes Eagles controlled TOP, but a terrible fumble TD by Hurts really was actually part of the reason KC was flat as they were on the sidelines for so long.  They punted once the first half and then the Eagles had the Ball for almost 11 minutes and then KC forced it near the half and ran only 5 plays.  They just weren't on the field.

Eagles punted once the second half.  The difference was that KC got in a rhythm the second half.  Eagles were not that flat, just things evened out.   

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

That was a bad call. Even if he did hold a tiny bit it wouldn't have made a difference because the ball was already in the air and it was a bad throw that nobody was going to catch. The ref needs to understand the situation and take into account whether it was a catchable ball. Game shouldn't have ended like that

holding is before the hall is in the air and therefor not a catchability call 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

53 minutes ago, nucci said:

Eagles player admitted to holding. If that was a Bills receiver and it wasn't called, this place would have gone nuts. If it  was still ruined for you then you probably should stop watching

I can’t think of another sport where officiating plays a larger role. There were several catch plays that were confirmed or over ruled with review.  DPI and holding prolly requires the most judgement and can’t be reviewed.  I don’t think it should be.  Could you imagine it they were.  That game would still be going.  Questionable calls have been and will be part of the game.  However, that flag should’ve been picked up because the ball was uncatchable.  

Edited by Ga boy
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

I can’t think of another sport where officiating plays a larger role. There were several catch plays that were confirmed or over ruled with review.  DPI prolly requires the most judgement and can’t be reviewed.  I don’t think it should be.  Could you imagine it they were.  That game would still be going.  Questionable calls have been and will be part of the game.  However, that flag should’ve been picked up because the ball was uncatchable.  

And it was the first def holding penalty all day. Game on the line, uncatchable,  wasn't a clear hold. Just a terrible call

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

I can’t think of another sport where officiating plays a larger role. There were several catch plays that were confirmed or over ruled with review.  DPI and holding prolly requires the most judgement and can’t be reviewed.  I don’t think it should be.  Could you imagine it they were.  That game would still be going.  Questionable calls have been and will be part of the game.  However, that flag should’ve been picked up because the ball was uncatchable.  

I thought Smith's play along sideline should have been a catch. Caught the ball, both feet in bounds . Also Sanders caught the ball and had it long enough. That should have been a fumble. The catch rules are dumb

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Matt_In_NH said:

That was ticky tack, and should not have been called there. There is holding on offense and defense on most every play, it's subjective and that one was pretty weak.

I’m fine with that take 

but calling it uncatchable isn’t a factor weighed in the decision was all I pointed out

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I’m fine with that take 

but calling it uncatchable isn’t a factor weighed in the decision was all I pointed out

I think I see your point, but haven’t flags been picked up on the grounds of being uncatchable???  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.