This place has become poisonous

Dr. K

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Eastport and newcam sum it up the best as far as responding to the OP.  It's the way I feel. We're all different and this board would be pretty boring if we didn't have different opinions on that "spectrum".  And in some regards there's something to take out of what Dr K and Augie say. It's just so incredibly hard at my age to keep the "wait till next year" montra going. I'm not going to be around forever and neither is Josh.  But I also can't let it give me ulcers and effort the other good things in my life.  Maybe I just need to check myself in to "Buffalo Bills therapy".......

You might have to call it something else to get insurance to cover you.    😋

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The truth rarely lies at the extremes.

Some take great offense at ANY  criticism of Josh, Edmunds, coaches, etc. - kind of like a simp defending their expensive OnlyFans girlfriend.  Others sit in a perpetual hate pit and want everyone gone - nobody has any redeeming qualities.

With practice, you learn to skip the posts or replies from the chronic offenders.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, In Summary said:

The truth rarely lies at the extremes.

Some take great offense at ANY  criticism of Josh, Edmunds, coaches, etc. - kind of like a simp defending their expensive OnlyFans girlfriend.  Others sit in a perpetual hate pit and want everyone gone - nobody has any redeeming qualities.

With practice, you learn to skip the posts or replies from the chronic offenders.

I’m sure most of us, the vast majority of us, are more in the middle. 

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Augie said:

You present that as a fact, when in fact it’s an opinion. Just your opinion. 

No, it's not. Anyone ever hired says they want to win. This regime has kept good on its promise. How much is solely on Allen and how much is on coaching/management is a matter of opinion.

20 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

If the OP finds that the board is toxic and is thinking of leaving he might want to drop into the Eagles message board. 

I think it’s just that the OP is very sensitive and doesn’t quite understand how boards work….. The Eagle boards are a sight to behold that’s for sure 😂 

Edited by wppete

Expectation became a hidden curse unfortunately. Take us back to the Covid season where every week/throw felt like “is this real?” How it felt so good to take that step. Now it’s like, Win the whole thing or fail. And then you are just meeting expectations. Not a lot to feel “good” about. It’s a sad reality that probably shouldn’t be.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Dr. K said:

I've been a member of this community since the very beginning, in 2001. 

Through the depths of the drought, I've never seen so much whining and anger and lashing out as what goes on daily on this board right now. Not everybody is guilty of this—there are a good number of eminently sane people who post here frequently—but the percentage of people acting like three-year-olds having temper tantrums is as high or higher than it has ever been.

I went away for the last weeks since the loss to the Bengals thinking that of course people are going to act out their disappointment; it's natural, I thought, let them get it out of their system. But it's as bad this morning as ever. I've tried blocking the worst offenders but the list would be too long to comprehend at this point. If the Bills were to take one fifth of the hysterical suggestions that are made every hour on this board, they would be out of the playoffs for the next twenty years. 

I realize this is likely my problem, not yours. So I'm giving it a pass at least until the draft, and maybe until training camp.

I hope some of you will get out of the house now and then and breathe some fresh air. 

I agree, this place has been BBMB like since the Bengals game. Just nonstop whining and every thread has a negative spin/tone.

59 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Anyone hired by the Bills has said the same things Beane has said, Beane ended up with Allen that's the only difference

This is pure conjecture. There are countless other outcomes. But I do love Josh. 

I think Buffalo sports fan know where I stand as a 48 going on 49 years Buffalo sports fan I want to win no matter what. I admit I am not for everyone as a Buffalo fan poster I am 55 years old I don’t have forever I am not 25 years old anymore. Having MD muscular dystrophy my whole life the last 5 years have been tough I almost died twice of bad pneumonia the worse you can get the last time 17 days in the hospital 2 years ago. I doing better now but you never know I am old so I don’t have 50 more years to wait on the Buffalo Bills. 

I don’t care about nonsense excuses from the Buffalo Bills I want to win a Super Bowl that I can enjoy before I die not like some Chicago Cubs fans whispering to their half dead relative the Cubs won the World Series when they are on their way to heaven sort of thing. I want to win no excuses for any of our Buffalo sports teams. At least I got a another UB Bulls Camellia Bowl championship thank goodness for small mercy’s but I want the Super Bowl for the Buffalo Bills if it means Sean McDermott needs to be fired so be it. I have alway had the want to win always whatever it takes if it means fire a head coach or trade a player so be it.

Plus Sean McDermott is not the number one coach I want to fired right now believe it or not as a Canisius College alum head coach Reggie Witherspoon of my Canisius Golden Griffins basketball team needs to be fired back to back 20 plus loss seasons is a disgrace. I have Griffs pride and standards as a Buffalo sports fan. Buffalo fans need to step up and be counted Griffs basketball has sunk to embarrassing levels of losing and attendance 500 fans a game is a disgrace in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Griffs! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Diggs essentially just put the front office and coaching staff and probably Josh to some extent on blast but fans questioning whether or not McD/Beane can get this done is the problem?

Ok then.  

And he did.  If you disagree I’d like to hear why.  He’s just frustrated?  It’s not the post game.  It’s not a day after.  He’s had 3 weeks to digest this.  And he’s playing footsie with Dallas now.  

I think that star WR I absolutely do not want to trade is summing up exactly how the fans feel.  

You have a 3% chance per year to win a Super Bowl.  That leaves a 97% chance you fail.  Getting to SB and winning is very difficult. When it doesn't happen and you are very close, it sucks.  Every player and fan can attest to this. But try to keep things in perspective.  

If Diggs is wanting to go to Dallas, I'd trade him for draft picks.  Lord knows we need linemen....and a run game. 

11 hours ago, Success said:

Fans in general get too negative.  

If you no longer have hope - why continue being a fan? If I was really hopeless about this team, or McDermott, or whatever, I'd just move on.  But I'm not; we got some bad breaks this year, but we'll be back.

I plan on enjoying every second of Allen's career, and feeling excited as long as we have him at QB.  We probably won't get another guy like this in my lifetime, and we're very fortunate to have him.

We are, so let's stop pissing his prime away by not protecting him or by not scheming to keep him from playing superman every game. Coaches and FO decisions took 2 years off our SB window and other teams have caught up. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

First, life does not come with guarantees.

And second, if that is what you need to go to your grave happy, then I’ll pray for you. As I just pointed out, what happened decades ago does NOT matter. We have new owners, and a different level of professionalism. A better chance. But still just a chance. 

Doesn’t EVERY fan base think they deserve more? MORE what? Can we ALL have more? There is only so much “more” to go around, and they all want it. 

Pretty weak response to be honest. Let me tackle what you said. 

Of course life doesn't come with guarantees. Never once did I imply it did. In fact, you were the one who implied the Bills will win one at some point. I was just pointing out that this is flawed logic. So your life with no guarantees was a weak response. 

Secondly, I never once said I need a Bills Super Bowl win in order to go to my grave happy. Nor did I imply others need that. You totally took what I said out of context. Come on man you gotta be better than that. Point is people have died before the Bills have won a Super Bowl. That's how long we fans have been waiting. Doesn't mean they were happy when they passed. Stop with your non sense.

Past results do matter. What are you talking about? You just can't turn a blind eye to the past. That's just plain ignorance. Past results can be used to improve and evaluate your team. They are indicators of success and failures. Let's get real!

Do the Bills have a new organization? It's been six years with the same basic people in place. A better chance a new level of professionalism? Are you comparing this Bills organization with past Bills owners and management? Is that allowed since the past doesn't matter? 

I didn't refer to any fan base but Buffalo. Your response is to talk about other fan bases. Very strange. I stand by the statement that the Bills fan base deserves more. The passion, loyalty, dedication, and love for their team and players is second to none. The Bills have repeatedly come up short of that coveted Lombardi Trophy. So many have been waiting so long to see Bills players hoist that trophy. Haven't you? 

Have a great day. Go Bills.

Edited by newcam2012

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Pretty weak response to be honest. Let me tackle what you said. 

Of course life doesn't come with guarantees. Never once Did I imply it did. In fact, you were the one who implied the Bills will win one at some point. I was just pointing out that this is flawed logic. So your life with no guarantees is a weak response. 

Secondly, I never once said I need a Bills Super Bowl win in order to go to me grave happy. Nor did I imply others need that requirement. You totally  took what I said out of context. Come on man you gotta be better than that. Point is people have died before the Bills have won a Super Bowl. That's how long we fans have been waiting. Doesn't mean they were happy when they passed. Stop with your non sense.

Past results do matter. What are you talking about. You just can't turn a blind eye to the past. That's just plain ignorance. Past results can be used to improve and evaluate your team. They are indicators of success and failures. Let's get real!

Do the Bills have a new organization? It's been six years with the same basic people in place. A better chance a new level of professionalism? Are you comparing this Bills organization with past Bills owners and management? Is that allowed since the past doesn't matter? 

I'm didn't refer to any fan base but Buffalo. Your response is to talk about other fan bases. Very strange. I stand by the statement that the Bills fan base deserves more. The passion, loyalty, dedication, and love for their team and players is second to none. The Bills have repeatedly come up short of that coveted Lombardi Trophy. So many have been waiting so long to see Bills players hoist that trophy. Haven't you? 

Of course we want to see the Bills win, but my enjoyment of them over my lifetime is far greater than any one game, or season.

BTW - Thank you for using paragraphs. 

Sleep well, my friend. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I think Buffalo sports fan know where I stand as a 48 going on 49 years Buffalo sports fan I want to win no matter what. I admit I am not for everyone as a Buffalo fan poster I am 55 years old I don’t have forever I am not 25 years old anymore. Having MD muscular dystrophy my whole life the last 5 years have been tough I almost died twice of bad pneumonia the worse you can get the last time 17 days in the hospital 2 years ago. I doing better now but you never know I am old so I don’t have 50 more years to wait on the Buffalo Bills. 

I don’t care about nonsense excuses from the Buffalo Bills I want to win a Super Bowl that I can enjoy before I die not like some Chicago Cubs fans whispering to their half dead relative the Cubs won the World Series when they are on their way to heaven sort of thing. I want to win no excuses for any of our Buffalo sports teams. At least I got a another UB Bulls Camellia Bowl championship thank goodness for small mercy’s but I want the Super Bowl for the Buffalo Bills if it means Sean McDermott needs to be fired so be it. I have alway had the want to win always whatever it takes if it means fire a head coach or trade a player so be it.

Plus Sean McDermott is not the number one coach I want to fired right now believe it or not as a Canisius College alum head coach Reggie Witherspoon of my Canisius Golden Griffins basketball team needs to be fired back to back 20 plus loss seasons is a disgrace. I have Griffs pride and standards as a Buffalo sports fan. Buffalo fans need to step up and be counted Griffs basketball has sunk to embarrassing levels of losing and attendance 500 fans a game is a disgrace in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Griffs! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Thanks for sharing. Very nice post. Glad you are doing better. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.