Bill Parcells says Josh Allen needs help

Buffalo_Stampede

AJE was what…? 6’6” 280 when drafted? That’s a 3-4 DE all day, not sure why the Bills selected him since athleticism was not his forte and he’d be asked to rush from a 4-3 end. He could get away with it in college, not so much against the athletic tackles in the NFL. People say McD is the one drafting these players, but I dunno. Seems like a divide between the FO and the HC. We get players that don’t necessarily fit what the defense is trying to accomplish. Enough of that anyway, offense in 2023!

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Question: is there any commentator out there who does not think this?

There has been tons of articles and YouTube videos about this. We knew it months ago after the bye and I'm sure Beane did too which explains bringing back Bease and Brown for a spark.

This is the most important offseason in Beanes career since year 1 , 2017.. Can't continue to waste a generational talent like Josh and a future hof like Diggs . We have to go all in on O and be capable of 30+ a game

We'll still be an average- good D but I say we go all in on O. Von, Hyde , White 🤞, Milano , Edmunds🤞. We are very capable on D. Build around your top 2 guys on offense.  Please

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why do we still ask their old guys what they think and pay it gospel? Didn’t Polian embarrass himself enough. Parcells, a legend, is so outdated on his nfl thoughts. Based on his rule of how to draft qbs, he would have never even picked Allen. 

He was absolutely right on all accounts.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, mannc said:

Guys who are asked to lose or gain weight after they are drafted are by definition “tweeners”.

You make a point about Parcells liking "big bodies"... I say that Epenesa was big enough when he was drafted.... 

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Did Parcells just have an epiphany about this? We need a different O-line and more receivers is what he came up with. Oh yea, and a  new defensive scheme. Wake me up when he tells us we need more cap flexibility.

Sounds like he was asked for his opinion and he gave it.

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

There has been tons of articles and YouTube videos about this. We knew it months ago after the bye and I'm sure Beane did too which explains bringing back Bease and Brown for a spark.

This is the most important offseason in Beanes career since year 1 , 2017.. Can't continue to waste a generational talent like Josh and a future hof like Diggs . We have to go all in on O and be capable of 30+ a game

We'll still be an average- good D but I say we go all in on O. Von, Hyde , White 🤞, Milano , Edmunds🤞. We are very capable on D. Build around your top 2 guys on offense.  Please

U know Doug Whaley pretty much ran the 2017 off-season. He brought us Hyde & Poyer as well as Tre, Dawkins, Milano in the draft. He drafted Zay Jones as well and he’s panned out these last 2 yrs when givin the opportunity. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, WhoTom said:

He played lights-out in the playoffs last year. The defense choked against the Chiefs.

This year, it was pretty much a team failure (including Josh) in the playoffs.

And no QB can carry a team entirely by himself (see Green Bay), but it's safe to say that Josh carries as much of it as anyone could reasonably expect.

He wasn't just lights out, it was statistically the best QB performance in a postseason ever.

48/62  77.4% comp,  637 yards, 9 tds, 0 ints  149.0 QB Rating  QBR 95.5. Added another 134 yards on the ground. First QB ever to throw 4 or more tds in back to back playoff games. Highest QB Rating & QBR in a postseason. He led an offense that scored on 12 of their 16 drives in the playoffs, all of them were tds. A 75% td rate in a 2 game stretch in the playoffs. The odds if you losing 1 of those 2 games, with those numbers, has got to be really low.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

4 hours ago, B-Large said:

Elway won his rings when he had a running game, and very pedestrian game stats.  Maybe we can figure this out before Josh is 37/38 years old....

Outside of that he carried teams to wins and super bowl appearances for years....

GreatArticle from a GOAT of ACoach who out coached Marv Levy in the Super Bowl! I’m  a 40 yr die  hard Bills fan too!

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Basham looked like he needed to lose weight. Epenesa, I don't quite understand.

It didn't matter whether they lost or gained weight.  Neither can get to the qb. They're just not good enough. 

3 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Greg Cosell said this on the Cowherd show today.  His most biting remark was that the Bills "have a below average offensive line from an NFL standpoint".  This makes their production all the more amazing over the course of the season.  It also explains why as the playoff competition improves the Achilles heel of to little Offensive talent outside of Allen & Diggs comes back to bite the Bills big time.

Remember what happened to Reid, Mahomes, Kelsey and Hill in the SB against TB when they had to play with a banged up O line that was much below average in that game.  If we fix the line a lot of the other stuff on offense - Allen checking down more, Dorsey being more creative and better WR's, become nice to have not essential components for success.

The Bills have had a substantially below average OL since McD took over 6 years ago.  I think the last thing he values on this team is OL. 

5 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Question: is there any commentator out there who does not think this?

There’s tons of posters on this board who are of the opinion that we’re just another elite WR away from a SB win. Or, with the best arm in the league, Josh should throw it every down. Or, that a running game is too old school and for Boomers. Or, that RBs are a dime-a-dozen and we shouldn’t put focus there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.