Bill Parcells says Josh Allen needs help

Buffalo_Stampede

Lost in AFC Divisional Round

Buffalo Bills

I love their team. I think they need a lot of work on defense. However they, conceptually, need a different style of running game and maybe even different personnel in their running game if they’re going to improve. They need to improve their offensive line as well. I think Tampa Bay and Buffalo were similar teams. Each was a one-man show. Buffalo has a great receiver in Stefon Diggs. Tampa has a great receiver in Mike Evans. But it was too much on Brady, and it was too much on Josh Allen. You just can’t play solitaire in the NFL and expect to win.

https://www.the33rdteam.com/category/analysis/analyzing-every-nfl-playoff-team-projecting-their-futures/

• Like (+1) 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 18
  • Thank you (+1) 6

Parcells knows his stuff like very few others. He's been one of the most respected opinions among NFL people for decades. Beane, please listen to him.

I'd love to hear Parcells' opinion on Frazier & his scheme. I already know what it'd be, but I'd be in for the laughs.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, 947 said:

Parcells knows his stuff like very few others. He's been one of the most respected opinions among NFL people for decades. Beane, please listen to him.

I'd love to hear Parcells' opinion on Frazier & his scheme. I already know what it'd be, but I'd be in for the laughs.

Sounds like he thinks we need talent on defense.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah I think their personnel is tailor made fo a gap scheme run mix. That is when they are at their best. Their run and pass games are super vanilla, zero play action. As much as he sucks as a play caller, a little Greg Roman run game would really help their cause. 

Wouldn't mind Roman came back only as a run game coordinator only to help out run. (only run game coordinator)  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Josh has been papering over deficiencies on this team the last couple of seasons.  It caught up with them last Sunday.  If the Bills are going to win a Super Bowl he is going to need some more help.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I see a lot of "commentators" saying this loss is proof that Allen is overrated and/or not very good. Can't carry a team, chokes in playoffs, etc.

He played lights-out in the playoffs last year. The defense choked against the Chiefs.

This year, it was pretty much a team failure (including Josh) in the playoffs.

And no QB can carry a team entirely by himself (see Green Bay), but it's safe to say that Josh carries as much of it as anyone could reasonably expect.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I see a lot of "commentators" saying this loss is proof that Allen is overrated and/or not very good. Can't carry a team, chokes in playoffs, etc.

That was probably his worst playoff game to date and he was still good given the circumstances imo…he was under immediate pressure on pretty much every snap.

those commentators are full of sh*t and they know it lol

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

This organization (McBeane) has failed Josh in every way you can handcuff a generational qb. They've wasted 6 years failing to build a decent OL. They failed finding Josh a capable RB. They have nothing at WR past a frustrated Diggs.  I took nearly 3 years for Knox to stop dropping balls.  Meanwhile McDermott's defense might be one of the most over- rated defenses ever. After Miller & Milano it's  a wasteland.  So far no impact coaches fired. It's status qou time in Buffalo.  Just tell JA to go out there next season and do it all.  What could possibly go wrong. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Sounds like he thinks we need talent on defense.

Parcels believes in drafting big bodies; Beane drafts tweeners like ‘lil Ed and Epenesa.

13 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Stop with the damn heat on Cook

He actually performed whenever he got opportunities

I agree.  The run schemes were awful. RBs were not the problem. Cook looked good in the second half of the season.

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Josh has been papering over deficiencies on this team the last couple of seasons.  It caught up with them last Sunday.  If the Bills are going to win a Super Bowl he is going to need some more help.

Elway won his rings when he had a running game, and very pedestrian game stats.  Maybe we can figure this out before Josh is 37/38 years old....

Outside of that he carried teams to wins and super bowl appearances for years....

Edited by B-Large
  • Like (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, mannc said:

Parcels believes in drafting big bodies; Beane drafts tweeners like ‘lil Ed and Epenesa.

I agree.  The run schemes were awful. RBs were not the problem. Cook looked good in the second half of the season.

Epenesa was pretty big when drafted, same as Basham. They asked them to lose weight.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.