Bill Parcells says Josh Allen needs help

Buffalo_Stampede

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Question- does Beane realize this?  Or does he continue to blow draft picks and trade up for Boogie Basham types?

That is a very good question. 

Beane's comment about not wanting to suck badly enough to draft Chase made me quite annoyed.  Ty Dunne summarized it well:

3 hours ago, Pete said:

If Im Beane, I sign Saquan, and first three draft picks are OL, WR, and TE.  Then I draft a NT- to bolster line of scrimmage.  And DT and TE are the strengths of this draft.  Buffalo must control the line of scrimmage on both sides

I think it's always a mistake to prescribe positions you want to draft.  And an NT drafted in Round 4 is not likely to bolster the LOS over DaQuan Jones.

It's your underlying question about the philosophy that is on the money.  Since McDermott has been here, the overall draft picks and FA signings are roughly equal between O and D. 

But when you look at the top 2 rounds and the FA resources year by year, No

On 1/26/2023 at 1:53 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The faster the front office can wrap their minds around the running game than the faster this team/franchise will progress. As far as the defense goes we’re not in very good shape, especially with the salary cap. It’s nice hearing from someone who knows what he’s talking about.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.