2023 Offense

khlax3

Based on Beane’s press conference that we are going to be tight on cap space and try to find value FA would you be satisfied with these upgrades on offense:

Sign:

Dalton Risner OG (6-8 million cap hit)

D’Ontae Foreman (3 million cap hit)

Jacobi Meyer (8 million cap hit)

Quesenberry- Vet min

Boettger- Vet Min

Draft:

RD 1 OG O’Cyrus Torrence (6-5 347)

RD 2 TE Luke Musgrave (6-5 250)

RD 3  WR Elijah Higgins (6-3 234)

Cut- 

Morse (saves 5.6 mil)

QB- Allen, Late Rd Rookie

RB- Cooke, Hines, Foreman, Gilliam

TE- Knox, Musgrave, Morris

WR- Diggs, Meyer, Davis, Shakir, Higgins, McKenzie

OL- Dawkins, Torrence, Bates, Risner, Brown (Depth: Doyle, Quesenberry, Boettger, Late Rd Tackle)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 4

Instead of trying to one up you I’m just going to point out what I do like.

Risner would be an excellent addition, he’s a draft prospect I liked years ago before the draft and I’m pretty sure he can play some tackle too. Would love to have him.

Quessenberry would be a great signing as well, so would Boettger. Nice depth and could probably do well in spot duty.

How do you feel about Broderick Jones the LT from Georgia? Im thinking he would be an All Pro at guard.

8 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Instead of trying to one up you I’m just going to point out what I do like.

Risner would be an excellent addition, he’s a draft prospect I liked years ago before the draft and I’m pretty sure he can play some tackle too. Would love to have him.

Quessenberry would be a great signing as well, so would Boettger. Nice depth and could probably do well in spot duty.

How do you feel about Broderick Jones the LT from Georgia? Im thinking he would be an All Pro at guard.

I am open to any lineman in RD 1 who can play guard. A lot of people want a WR in round 1 I think the better value will be at G or C. I think we are better off adding a decent vet WR who has proven themselves in the NFL while also still brining in a WR in rounds 2 or 3 to bring along as Davis will mostly likely leave in FA in 2024

• Like (+1) 1

This hot take on cutting Morse is bad. Centers are a tough position. We would have to invest a 1st round, maybe 2nd or get a top end FA. 

Whatever we do we don't need to listen to Josh and his opinion on coordinators and coaches, let alone players. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

I like the Risner signing as he is solid but WR needs to be a first or second pick. I love Jalin Hyatt in the draft I think Josh would make him a future star. 
If you wanted get creative you could go Dalton Kincaid in Round 1 and start running some actually scary 2TE sets with him and Dawson. Kincaid is also an excellent blocker so it would be like an extra olineman in the draft 

• Like (+1) 1

A Dawkins-Risner-Bates-Torrence-Brown offensive line would legitimately be even worse than what we had this year. And with the way the WR market is trending Meyers is probably gonna cost around $15m per year. I like the foreman signing tho.

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Slim pickings available this year.

We missed a golden opportunity to pick up o-line talent last offseason.

Signing Saffold for 1yr/$6.5m instead of Zeitler for 3yr/$22.5m is yet another god awful OL move by Beane

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, khlax3 said:

Based on Beane’s press conference that we are going to be tight on cap space and try to find value FA would you be satisfied with these upgrades on offense:

Sign:

Dalton Risner OG (6-8 million cap hit)

D’Ontae Foreman (3 million cap hit)

Jacobi Meyer (8 million cap hit)

Quesenberry- Vet min

Boettger- Vet Min

Draft:

RD 1 OG O’Cyrus Torrence (6-5 347)

RD 2 TE Luke Musgrave (6-5 250)

RD 3  WR Elijah Higgins (6-3 234)

Cut- 

Morse (saves 5.6 mil)

QB- Allen, Late Rd Rookie

RB- Cooke, Hines, Foreman, Gilliam

TE- Knox, Musgrave, Morris

WR- Diggs, Meyer, Davis, Shakir, Higgins, McKenzie

OL- Dawkins, Torrence, Bates, Risner, Brown (Depth: Doyle, Quesenberry, Boettger, Late Rd Tackle)

I think you draft a C/G who can play next to Morse for at least one season before cutting him.  You also need to spend money on legitimate competition for Spencer Brown.  Quessenberry isn’t good enough.  

As far as the signing of Jakobi Meyers, I like him a lot as a player but he’s more of a slot receiver.  It seems like we need someone who can play out the outside because I’m not sure the Bills will re-sign Gabe after next year. 

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

Slim pickings available this year.

We missed a golden opportunity to pick up o-line talent last offseason.

Who?

Morse was arguably their most valuable lineman this year.  You go into the season with at least Dawkins, Morse, Bates & Brown.  Bates & Brown will need to put in the work this off-season to retain a starting gig.  At best, they’ll be able to afford a marginal FA or two, to compete. But the draft is where they really need to hit on some OL talent.

I don't understand why you've got to get rid of Motor for Foreman? This board makes it seem like Motor is the most boring player in history but he's averaged 4.7 ypc his career which is really solid, plus he doesn't make dumb mistakes, Josh loves him, etc. It's not flashy but I think keeping Motor and Cook if Motor is inexpensive won't open yet another gaping hole that needs to be filled.

Now if they wanted to try something to lure top RB talent then that's a different conversation entirely, I just don't think Foreman or somebody similarly average is a better option than Motor at this point.

I kind of like the Meyer for WR depth play. He played really well toward the end of this season.

2 hours ago, boyst said:

This hot take on cutting Morse is bad. Centers are a tough position. We would have to invest a 1st round, maybe 2nd or get a top end FA. 

Whatever we do we don't need to listen to Josh and his opinion on coordinators and coaches, let alone players. 

What people don't understand is, Centers PFF go way up when they have at least one top 50 guard by them we dont even have that.

• Agree 1

OL OL OL! Josh was running for his life nearly every play all season. All this talk about upgrading the wr room when Josh was having to throw on the run or make something happen. I can't blame Allen for missing open wrs when he knew after every huddle he was going to more than likely get destroyed. Fix the Oline and we fix ALOT of problems. Khalil Shakir will be a beast next year!

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, khlax3 said:

I am open to any lineman in RD 1 who can play guard. A lot of people want a WR in round 1 I think the better value will be at G or C. I think we are better off adding a decent vet WR who has proven themselves in the NFL while also still brining in a WR in rounds 2 or 3 to bring along as Davis will mostly likely leave in FA in 2024

Who?  I don't see a guy out there that can step up and upgrade our #2 slot above Davis besides Meyer's.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.