Franchise in trouble- Josh Allen has regressed

RoscoeParrish

Just now, blitzboy54 said:

Allen is the least of this teams problems.

He is one of the few things that are unquestionably right about this franchise. Happily, it’s the most difficult thing to get right. He needs help.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

41 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

There really wasn't much Allen could have done today, at least from that one viewing of the game.  He took care of the ball until the garbage time int.  Had some he'd like to have back.  Had some drops.  Had some nice ones.  

He wasn't winning this game.

It's weird. I went into the game saying if the Bills didn’t turn it over they would win, possibly with ease. We got our ass kicked anyway.

Allen was not the problem today

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

This is just my impression.

IMO Allen is getting a bit too into his own press clippings.

Remember "if I don't love it we don't run it?"

Difference is that was under Daboll, who has a handful of SB rings and a national championship ring.

At the end of the day Daboll figured out how to have this offense clicking last postseason.

Now we're deferring to Allen picking the OC he wants because they are so similar. Both are go go go run through a wall types and it accentuates Allen's worst tendencies.

They need an OC who will help Allen maximize his talent.

I wouldn't say he is into his own press clippings but I agree we need a better offensive system in place. We can't just run plays and have Josh make it up on the fly all the time. Structure is good and needed imo, and that goes with Dorsey as well. He needs to be able to scheme guys open sometimes, I mean watch the tape of our offense even compared to the Lions it's night and day.

• Like (+1) 1

I had to keep rewinding plays cause I couldn't figure out who was letting defenders literally run unobstructed towards Josh. And then I was wondering how we did not call plays against this tsunami of defenders.  Edmunds should not even be mentioned when discussing what was wrong with that game. 

The problem with the Bills and Allen, especially now that Daboll is gone, is so much of what the Bills do well is Josh playing off script.   HIs best plays come once the play is over and the scrambling starts.    It puts way too much pressure on the skill players and offensive and isnt sustainable.   He is the second best QB in the league currently, but I wouldnt say he is anywhere close to Mahomes.    He is in serious danger of having Philip Rivers career. 

• Like (+1) 3

All of the "Josh Allen has regressed" talk is absolutely ret*rded. He was 2nd in total yards and total TD's this year. Without him we'd be lucky to win 5 games. He IS the offense. Fix the OL and watch how much EVERYTHING changes. 

• Like (+1) 1

Every single QB in the NFL will “regress” when he’s constantly under pressure.   We absolutely need to spend our $ & first round picks getting a better OL. 2nd round picks on WR. Get Von Miller to recruit defensive free agents. 

BTW, we don’t need to draft the tallest OLs, we need to draft the meanest, toughest OLs. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

It seems like a lot want to excuse Allen’s play on the protection. Sure, it wasn’t great but even then Josh didn’t have a great game. He was superhuman at the end of last season and to start this year but he hasn’t been anywhere close to the same recently.

He’s still the best QB we’ve ever had but I think this season has shown that we can’t just rely on him to bail us out of games.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Lionel Hutz said:

It seems like a lot want to excuse Allen’s play on the protection. Sure, it wasn’t great but even then Josh didn’t have a great game. He was superhuman at the end of last season and to start this year but he hasn’t been anywhere close to the same recently.

He’s still the best QB we’ve ever had but I think this season has shown that we can’t just rely on him to bail us out of games.

What qb can bail out the team with no protection? Please JA is not the problem. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.