Franchise in trouble- Josh Allen has regressed

RoscoeParrish

Just now, UKBillFan said:

91 posts and every one has been bashing the QB. You must really hate the guy.

Trolls gonna troll, at this point let him. This is his superbowl rightnow, he got what he wanted a Bills loss. It's very disturbing he does this to get his kicks but his life might be that depressing he needs this to feel better about himself.

1 hour ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Burrow has an embarrassment of riches on offense. I love Diggs. But Chase is definitely better. Mixon can be a factor. They get the ball out quick. 

Burrow played better lately. But the 2 and 3 spots are always juggling. Mahomes is the clear # 1.

It’s not so much about Diggs vs Chase as it is Higgins and Boyd vs Gabe and Mcdummy(?).

We haven’t armed Allen like we should. Biggest issue this season was that we all thought Gabe and Knox would take a step forward, and they simply didn’t. It’s Diggs and a bunch of projects. Even KC went out and scooped Juju and Toney, both B grade WRs. We just do nothing.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillzFreak said:

Trolls gonna troll, at this point let him. This is his superbowl rightnow, he got what he wanted a Bills loss. It's very disturbing he does this to get his kicks but his life might be that depressing he needs this to feel better about himself.

What are you talking about?  I’ve been a fan for 20+ years. 

1 hour ago, RoscoeParrish said:

We were dominated in all 3 phases today, but this season and franchise has always been about Josh Allen being an elite QB and taking us to the next level. 

It is safe to say he regressed this year and today was the nail in the coffin.

Sure you can blame the OC, but 10 points at home in a playoff game falls on the QBs shoulders in a MAJOR capacity. 

If this board voted on Cinci having 27 points before kickoff, most would have taken it. 

I am afraid Allen’s career will be an above average quarterback who shuffles between signs of greatness, signs of mediocrity, and signs of someone with zero offers out of high school. 

He is NOT even in the league of Mahomes and Burrow and today solidified that. 

He had as many boneheaded turnovers this year as his rookie season.  He led the league in fumbles and INTs.  He scored 10 points at home in a playoff game when he was preseason MVP and this team was preseason Super Bowl favorites. 

He regressed. 

Josh allen has regressed bc our coaching has failed him......look at mahomes..burrow....those guys are not only surrounded by great weapons everywhere they have offensive minds to scheme to their strengths....this staff is pounding a square peg into a triangle shaped HOLE...is this McDermotts team or is it Josh allens?..if it's Josh Allen's then this teams identity isn't a bend but don't break conservative defense!....this teams identity should be an innovative offense identity....the schemes are broken on both sides of the ball when going by our strengths 

1 hour ago, QLBillsFan said:

This loss has very little to do with Josh Allen, But  everything to do with being out schemed and dominated on both sides of the line ! 

I'd argue Josh ignoring open receivers to force balls into coverage is a little to do with him. He's been doing it all year. It's definitely concerning. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

Just seems like the offense never had rhythm all season 

nothing quick unless it was an rpo on a consistent basis

Timing just seemed off 

That’s probably on both Allen and Dorsey

Called it in the off-season..said it was an absolute mistake to give dorsey the keys to the Ferrari when he had 0 driving experience......Defense is 🗑 and will always break in the playoffs..it's outdated..I mean this scheme had 1 claim to fame in the early 2000 bucs for 1 year 

Just now, RoscoeParrish said:

No I like Allen.  Majority of posts on the O line, coaching, scheme, defense, etc. as the reason we lost toda.  I think when you score 10 points at home, it HAS to be on the QB. 

OK, balanced take as I’ve been someone who has been critical of Josh this season.

I think physically he’s the best QB in the league, bar none. He has it all, the arm strength, the running games, the eye to spot amazing plays when others can’t or wouldn’t be able to do it.

However, there is an argument that mentally he’s behind Mahomes and Burrow. If he’s still throwing up before games out of nerves, as was revealed before, that’s not a good sign. I appreciate the other two make bad plays and miss reads, but it seems far less often and not as damaging to their teams.

But let’s spin it another way. Burrow has the finest talent at his disposal, as a collective, in at least the AFC. Mahomes has the best play caller in Andy Reid, and an out an out world class TE. They get better protection and better schemes. They play with better players. Part of me would love to see Josh with the Bengals or Chiefs, just for one game, and see what he could do with them. Because, like Rodgers in Green Bay, the expectation is for him to do too much on his own.

Today was not his finest hour. This season has not been either, but bear in mind he has been on the injury report since week nine with an elbow issue, plus added an ankle problem at the end of the regular season. Personally, I do not like Josh and Dorsey as a combination, and feel they are too alike. Josh needs a calming influence, not someone of similar character. I think it feels like he’s regressed because the O Line - not great before - and play calling has. In truth, he isn’t much different to the regular season last year.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

Lol at some of these replies. 

This was a preseason Super Bowl favorite with arguably the most talented roster in the NFL. 

Let’s blame everyone but the guy running the show.  Insufferable. 

The 'guy running the show' is either McDermott or Beane.  If you want to go there,  yeah,  I agree,  there's plenty of blame to go around, particularly in terms of their roster priorities. 

I've been watching this sh**show for a long damn time now.  It's frustrating,  because they make the same mistakes on offense over and over and over.   They bring in a QB,  give him one or two good supporting pieces,  slap bandaids on the rest and then expect the QB to hold the mess they've created together.   It never works.  Ever.  Then,  when it inevitably underperforms, they stand around wondering what the hell happened,  not understanding that they didn't properly invest in their offense. 

Edited by Brandon
  • Vomit 1

1 hour ago, RoscoeParrish said:

We were dominated in all 3 phases today, but this season and franchise has always been about Josh Allen being an elite QB and taking us to the next level. 

It is safe to say he regressed this year and today was the nail in the coffin.

Sure you can blame the OC, but 10 points at home in a playoff game falls on the QBs shoulders in a MAJOR capacity. 

If this board voted on Cinci having 27 points before kickoff, most would have taken it. 

I am afraid Allen’s career will be an above average quarterback who shuffles between signs of greatness, signs of mediocrity, and signs of someone with zero offers out of high school. 

He is NOT even in the league of Mahomes and Burrow and today solidified that. 

He had as many boneheaded turnovers this year as his rookie season.  He led the league in fumbles and INTs.  He scored 10 points at home in a playoff game when he was preseason MVP and this team was preseason Super Bowl favorites. 

He regressed. 

Worst post ever!!!!!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.