Franchise in trouble- Josh Allen has regressed

RoscoeParrish

23 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Lol they literally gave him no help and asked him to carry the entire team on his back and he almost did it.

I think Josh and Dorsey have some deficiencies that make each other worse. I think they both love low percentage throws and Josh being good at them means they take a lot of shots at them. 

On top of that I think Josh probably needs to be coached hard. Otherwise we have a season like this with a lot of 3rd and longs and an offense that just feels like a lot of work.

Josh misses Daboll. It isn’t a regression, him and Dorsey are just cowboys out there.  

I think the weapons are “OK”. They could be worse. I think Shakir is going to be a big player next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Josh was dreadful tonight and there have been too many off days in 2022. But I give him a pass, largely because the protection is abject. I think it has got in his head as well. As the year has gone on I have seen him dropping his eyes to the rush too much, playing too much backyard football (at times through necessity) and making too many mistakes. 

So has Josh "regressed"? I don't know. But he is getting no help.

Agree. Little wr help, o-line struggles, lack of creativity from oc , poor wr unit, need cole to come back to play the slot, need a good back up te. Put all on Allen to do something.  That wears down on a player having to do everything.

@BADOLBILZ was right from draft till now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RoscoeParrish said:

Mahomes had one leg yesterday and Burrow has played with a trash O line his entire career. 

Funny, Burrow's 2nd string OL didn't look so bad against our D-line. How'd we do stopping the run today ? 

Chase/Higgins/Mixon > Diggs/Davis/Singletary or Cook 

Kelce > Knox

Mahomes had Tyreek. 

And so on ...

26 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Burrow has an embarrassment of riches on offense. I love Diggs. But Chase is definitely better. Mixon can be a factor. They get the ball out quick. 

Burrow played better lately. But the 2 and 3 spots are always juggling. Mahomes is the clear # 1.

And yet, Burrows and Bengals have owned KC....strange...

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Agree. Little wr help, o-line struggles, lack of creativity from oc , poor wr unit, need cole to come back to play the slot, need a good back up te. Put all on Allen to do something.  That wears down on a player having to do everything.

@BADOLBILZ was right from draft till now.

There were a lot of us saying they haven't done enough on offense last spring. But we were being told "Saffold is a pro bowler" and "Shakir is an impact guy". 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

This isn’t a one game issue.

Allen hasn’t looked like 2020 or 2021 Allen all season.

That's not really true though.  He looked great when we annihilated Tennessee early in the year, and there was a game a few weeks ago when he put the whole damned team on his back.  I honestly can't remember which one right now! 

But has he had a general regression this year on aggregate?  YES!

Is that because of the new OC?  Can that be improved next year with a new OC? Or more time with Dorsey?

I think he misses a lot of open receivers, but it's hard to tell watching on TV.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

Mahomes had one leg yesterday and Burrow has played with a trash O line his entire career. 

Yeah,  well,  Allen is the main reason this team went 13-3 during the regular season,  despite also playing behind a garbage OL and having an injured throwing elbow for 10 games. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

This is just my impression.

IMO Allen is getting a bit too into his own press clippings.

Remember "if I don't love it we don't run it?"

Difference is that was under Daboll, who has a handful of SB rings and a national championship ring.

At the end of the day Daboll figured out how to have this offense clicking last postseason.

Now we're deferring to Allen picking the OC he wants because they are so similar. Both are go go go run through a wall types and it accentuates Allen's worst tendencies.

They need an OC who will help Allen maximize his talent.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That's not really true though.  He looked great when we annihilated Tennessee early in the year, and there was a game a few weeks ago when he put the whole damned team on his back.  I honestly can't remember which one right now! 

But has he had a general regression this year on aggregate?  YES!

Is that because of the new OC?  Can that be improved next year with a new OC? Or more time with Dorsey?

I think he misses a lot of open receivers, but it's hard to tell watching on TV.

A few games doesn’t make a season. Those are called outliers.

Why not blame it all on Billy Buffalo? You don't blame Spencer ("Look out!") Brown, Roger ("Ole!") Saffold, or "Drops" Davis, or the mauled defense. Instead, you blame the one truly elite player the team has. Why didn't he escape the three DEs in his face--again--and catch the perfect ball he put in Davis chest? He's regressed!

• Disagree 1

Funny take this.

They literally gave him no help and he still carried this team to 13-3. He had 1 weapon and no OL to protect him. It got so bad with his weapons they went to guys who were out of the NFL.

Nah sorry, the FO failed this team. Beane hasn’t drafted a player of note, in 4 drafts.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if he’s still somewhat bothered by the elbow injury.

It has been evident since the Vikings game that his elbow injury is affecting his accuracy on short and intermediate throws. The bigger issue in our offense is it's too boom or bust. Either we hit a 40+ yard pass play or we don't have a drive. There are zero gimme plays in this offense which is really just unacceptable. So little margin for error so every drop or missed pass is accentuated.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.