Will your respect for Tom Brady change when he retires?

Just Jack

Will your respect for Tom change?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Will your respect for Tom change?

• Yes, he has accomplished a lot
    • No, my feelings will not change

I respect his play already now, just disliked him because he was a huge competitor of the Bills. ( I always felt the same way about Marino. )

He carried his teams to many SBs that they had no right winning without him. I don’t particularly like him as a person though, just like many other athletes. 

21 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I will respect what he has accomplished .. but not his demeanor. Another case of him being above the law 

after a pick this week he slid at the legs of the ball carrier.. now we know where the baby goat gets it

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/17/tom-brady-gets-away-with-a-dirty-move-for-now/

Very surprised Florio made such comment since he is one of Br*dy's biggest athletic supporter.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Very surprised Florio made such comment since he is one of Br*dy's biggest athletic supporter.

Florio kinda rubs me the wrong way sometimes, but I do give him credit for just speaking his mind in those opinion pieces, no matter who is involved.

I’m not crazy about his diva attitude, but seeing as he came here to Tampa, I had to try and like him for my sons sake as they are Bucs fans.  They are also Bills fans.

Once he retires or moves onto another city, I’ll respect him for what he accomplished, but do not to see him on fox.  I too hope he’s another Brees and put in one year.  Then he can just go away.

I'm actually excited to see what he'll be like on Fox in the booth.

He's literally never said anything interesting that I can remember. He seems like a total phony when he tries to be human. I think he literally cares and thinks only about playing QB in the NFL, and everything else is an act. 

On 1/17/2023 at 6:01 AM, Just Jack said:

Do you think you’ll feel differently once Tom does decide to give up his NFL career? He has done a lot that we may never see any other player do in our lifetime. 

I don't think you have enough choices for answers, the two provided seem to only cover one point of you view really.

My more detailed answer is:  No, it will not change, because I already see him as the GOAT and respect that he is the GOAT, and will continue to see him as the GOAT.  I am not a fan of Brady, but I am a fan of football and fully capable of recognizing greatness in players even when they play on teams I hate.  

I actually found Brady more likeable when he was a Buc than when he was a Patriot.  He seemed to have more fun...for example, I thought his banter with Josh Allen ahead of the golf showdown with Mahomes and Rodgers was actually quite funny.  

I'm not a Brady fan but the last few years of beating down the Patriots has relieved the torment of the Brady years. After moving to Tampa in 2020, I got to see a lot more of Tom on and off the field and he earned my respect. The man is passionate about the game and has an insane work ethic. He's. student of the game and he's done more than any other QB in history with less physical giftings than most. Could you imagine him with Josh's body. He may have been undefeated.

Not in the least.  I respect his great ability and can see past him beating us.  I'd have nothing but respect for him, were it not for one thing.

The never-ending whining.

Someone so much as sneezes on him, or enters his personal space or, heaven forbid, touch his sacred body he runs off crying to the refs.  And all too often there is a flag thrown only after he started whining.  Never seen any of the great ones do this.  Before anyone says it, yes, all QBs embellish to a point, even Josh.  But nobody does it with the frequency and utter lack of subtlety and discretion that TB12 does.

5 hours ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

I'm not a Brady fan but the last few years of beating down the Patriots has relieved the torment of the Brady years. After moving to Tampa in 2020, I got to see a lot more of Tom on and off the field and he earned my respect. The man is passionate about the game and has an insane work ethic. He's. student of the game and he's done more than any other QB in history with less physical giftings than most. Could you imagine him with Josh's body. He may have been undefeated.

I'm sure he would feel less of a need to cheat and play dirty

• Like (+1) 1

Being that I have zero respect for Tom Brady, No, my feeling will not change. 

Tom/his team purposefully took part in a multi decade cheating scheme, (he/his team, including the owner were busted, and fined every 4 ish years for two continuous decades for cheating).  He is the walking epitome of poor sportsmanship, and a role model to no-one. Some worship him, “birds of a feather” as the saying goes. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.