Will your respect for Tom Brady change when he retires?

Just Jack

Will your respect for Tom change?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Will your respect for Tom change?

• Yes, he has accomplished a lot
    • No, my feelings will not change

6 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Do you think you’ll feel differently once Tom does decide to give up his NFL career? He has done a lot that we may never see any other player do in our lifetime. 

He is the GOAT QB

And an insufferable a$$

Only one of those opinions will change after Allen wins us mutiple superbowls. But not immediately after Brady retires.  

6 hours ago, boyst said:

Agree with this. However, he was abrasive, unlikeable as a character, a poor sport, displayed poor characteristics on the field of proper decorum, and was just a brat. 

Ya, that is how I feel too.  I can appreciate his accomplishments.  But, they are all tainted to me, very tainted for so many reasons.

I think he is just a brat that throws tantrums when he does not get what he wants.  The first half of his career, I respected him.  The 2nd half of his career has thrown out the word respect when I mention Tom Brady.  I feel like the last 3 Super Bowls were gifted to him.  Both the path to them and the game itself.  But, that is not my problem with the lack of respect for him.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

He is the GOAT QB

And an insufferable a$$

Only one of those opinions will change after Allen wins us mutiple superbowls. But not immediately after Brady retires.  

He has the GOAT NFL hardware collection. If we're talking about picking a QB for an NFL All-time team, I'm picking a handful of QBs before Tom Brady.

To me, saying Brady is the GOAT QB is like saying Emmitt Smith is the GOAT RB.

I went from no respect, to high levels of respect near the end of his Patriot days. To GOAT after his TB Super Bowl, to low levels of respect almost to the point of feeling bad for the guy now. I don't think it's a mentally healthy outlook to think you're put on this world for sports. I don't care how good you're at them. To be at the point where you won that TB Super Bowl, showed the world it wasn't BB. All the money, fame, GOAT status. Then be so obsessed you lose your family and fade into obscurity. He's basically doing the anti Barry, even the anti Jordan. He had a shot to go out with literally everything and he decided it wasn't time and when it's all said and done I think that decision will haunt him.  

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

He also played when P Manning, Big Ben, and A Rogers were in their primes.  Also the 49ers in their prime had a joke division too.

The Pats were a lock for 10-20 years of 5 to 6 wins he had the easiest path to a division title of anyone I’ve ever seen. The other three teams in the division where just run so poorly 

• Like (+1) 1

When putting any feelings aside anyone has for him, taking a clear look at his career from 2001 when he got his 1st opportunity up to now.....even anyone that hates or refuses to admit it, you have to acknowledge and to some extent respect not only the success he's had, but the number of years he has played, (maybe still playing).

Kinda at least makes you wonder wtf does this guy do to his body to make himself able to play up to 46yo. I membah 10 years ago we all have thought he will start to such and have to retire. Whatever he does to keep himself going I'd like to try it

7 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Do you think you’ll feel differently once Tom does decide to give up his NFL career? He has done a lot that we may never see any other player do in our lifetime. 

No, my respect for him won’t change in the least. Just because we were his B word for 20 years, doesn’t mean I don’t have great respect for him as a player. That respect has been there a long time and I don’t understand at all how a person can go from no respect to respect just because he retires. That makes zero sense to me.

14 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

He has the GOAT NFL hardware collection. If we're talking about picking a QB for an NFL All-time team, I'm picking a handful of QBs before Tom Brady.

I like plenty of other QBs more than Brady, but this is just blind nonsense. If you're picking any other player besides Brady in his prime, you're objectively wrong.

He has more Super Bowl wins than the following franchises combined:

New York Jets

Chicago Bears

Philadelphia Eagles

Los Angeles Rams

Seattle Seahawks

Buffalo Bills

Minnesota Vikings

Atlanta Falcons

Carolina Panthers

Cincinnati Bengals

Arizona Cardinals

Tennessee Titans

Los Angeles Chargers

Cleveland Browns

Jacksonville Jaguars

Detroit Lions

Houston Texans

• Disagree 1

24 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

GOAT discussions of any kind on any subject, while entertaining, are utterly fruitless. All the greats in any subject may have a seat at the table. And it’s a round table.

Your premise seems loaded. How do you know what my view on him is?

Personally, I both respect him as the greatest QB to ever play the game. His competitiveness is off the charts.

I also think he is a piece of ***** person and along with Billy B, their skirting the rules constantly is disgraceful. Going back to them purposely messing up comms for visiting teams. Sportsmanship is a thing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.