For the Dorsey Haters

RoscoeParrish

50 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I do agree with the thought process that Allen gets a little to greedy. We need to take our shots but I also like controlling the ball more and keeping it out of the opposing O's hands.

And when Chase, Jefferson, Evans, Adams, Brown, Williams, Lamb and others make those catches the QB is hailed for a great pass.

At worst an incompletion. 

1 hour ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Espn just said Waddle had three drops. The one was on our 28. Maybe a TD maybe a FG. Either the way we won by 3. He makes those catches, we’re in trouble. 

I remember the first.  The second was a great defensive play where the DB got his hand on the ball and Romo agreed on the replay.  What was the tird?

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Santana said:

It's not Just Dorsey and it's not just Allen...It's both and it's probably more on Allen honestly. I've been watching this all season very very closely and Allen often times just refuses to take any underneath throws or layups. On Sunday there were 2x when he had guys open underneath and took the deeper throws and it paid off but he ends up forcing so much that the turnovers are sure to happen. Dorsey needs to call more running plays to nullify that part of Josh's game.

But I thought Dorsey didn't know how to "scheme guys open" or design "layups" for this offense?

That's what I'm told. 

Every now and then you have to reach into your bag of tricks….

Daboll took the entire bag and obviously left Dorsey with nothing.  I really don’t mind his play calling.

other than I can call every run play and there has been nearly zero if not zero times I have said, “what a play design”, 

Its line up and run the play.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Daboll took the entire bag and obviously left Dorsey with nothing.  I really don’t mind his play calling.

other than I can call every run play and there has been nearly zero if not zero times I have said, “what a play design”, 

Every time Diggs goes out(after almost every reception) they run the ball. Every...Single....Time.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

And yet, in 2023, they score the 2nd most points in the league. 

And it takes Michael Jordan at QB and Andy Reid who has 35 years of NFL Offensive Coaching experience to do that. 

And they score 1 point more per game. 

This team knows now knows where the gas pedal is on both sides of the ball, however it behaves very much like a teen driver - still having difficulty on inherently knowing/feeling when to hit the gas and when to lay off it.  

There are some games where that finesse is almost perfect, and others where it's a mess.  

11 hours ago, Chaos said:

And yesterday was pretty good he led the offense to 34 points against a pretty good defense.  And Shakir (drop 7) Knox (drop 4) and McDermott (not taking a field goal) left another 14 points on the field.  

Not kicking the first field goal was uber aggressive, what was in 4th and 3?  You take the first points.  

I think psychotically it set the tone, we are going to rush them.  Maybe the team "collectively" saw the line and thought it would be a cakewalk.  . One of the reasons we had so many long bombs.  That is a fan mentality, not a winning HC mentality.

1 hour ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

He threw the same ball, in the same way, to Brown the week before. He threw it up there and gave his guy a 1 on 1 shot. Brown screwed it up by breaking off the route, then didn't knock the ball down, but the worst of it is he ran right by Howard, failing to tackle him. Howard caught it at the 3 and returned it to Buffalo's 48. If he tackles him where he caught it Miami is pinned deep in its own territory. 

I've seen zero creativity from the offense this year also. 

I think it's been Dorsey's offensive philosophy to be really aggressive. He may not be a good pairing with Josh, who is already an aggressive passer to begin with.

I think you are right they wouldn’t have scored points there for sure - punted on a 3 and out

glad we won - I don’t see this stuff happening this week or against KC 

• Agree 1

Didn’t realize how open Shakir was on his drop, a better ball there and it’s an easy TD. Same with the go ball to Gabe up the sideline that was bobbled in the air. No QB hits them all, but the Shakir one should’ve been a layup. Oh and the John Brown INT was a curious throw. Brown had nothing but green grass in the direction he was running but Allen threw it towards the sideline and he got mixed up. For those who say that INT wasn’t on Allen, listen to McD’s presser, he disagrees. 

Edited by JayBaller10

45 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

You can tell when it is going to be a designed run to a RB almost every time.  Josh's ball handling to running backs is dreadful, slow and telegraphed for a mile.  Maybe he is too adverse to fumbling (another topic in itself) but he had no legerdemain on handoffs, he would struggle mightily as a magician.  That is one thing he really needs to work on and start by watching Brady.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Disagree 1

45 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Have to agree on the design part- last time I thought that was probably the Rams game. Daboll is a superior OC

It really is ok to question Josh.  The bromance won’t end.  He was 2nd in interceptions this year and 3rd in fumbles.  He had 2 of each on Sunday.  That’s Not good enough.  Although Dorsey does deserve some of the blame.  Motion will tell the Qb if it is man or zone and he rarely uses it.  Odd when Josh is the best in the league against man and the worst against zone.

10 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

go to every clip where they show highlighted WR's. This is what I am referring to. There has to be screen audibles in play here against blitzing teams. Presnap, Josh is given a few options to move from plays.

17 seconds. only 3 receiving routs.. What the living heck is up with that?

Our screen plays never work.  They are always blown up.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, TN Bills Fan said:

It really is ok to question Josh.  The bromance won’t end.  He was 2nd in interceptions this year and 3rd in fumbles.  He had 2 of each on Sunday.  That’s Not good enough.  Although Dorsey does deserve some of the blame.  Motion will tell the Qb if it is man or zone and he rarely uses it.  Odd when Josh is the best in the league against man and the worst against zone.

Actually he really had three fumbles. The first wasnt technically but he lost the ball out of bounds very early in the game.  Them the laughable strip sack for a TD (which kept the game close) and the fumble recovered by Brown.  

For years pre McDermott this team rarely/never used motion.  It isnt that difficult, not an incredible concept but takes time and coaching.  We have reasonable  player stability, we should use it more often imo.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

He threw the same ball, in the same way, to Brown the week before. He threw it up there and gave his guy a 1 on 1 shot. Brown screwed it up by breaking off the route, then didn't knock the ball down, but the worst of it is he ran right by Howard, failing to tackle him. Howard caught it at the 3 and returned it to Buffalo's 48. If he tackles him where he caught it Miami is pinned deep in its own territory. 

I've seen zero creativity from the offense this year also. 

I think it's been Dorsey's offensive philosophy to be really aggressive. He may not be a good pairing with Josh, who is already an aggressive passer to begin with.

Yeah, Daboll may have been a bit of Yin to Josh’s Yang… I’d like to see Dorsey do some different things more than Josh. Just don’t see the scheme things I saw with Daboll. Anyway, they just can’t turn the football over. If they clean that up they will be in the SuperBowl. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yeah, Daboll may have been a bit of Yin to Josh’s Yang… I’d like to see Dorsey do some different things more than Josh. Just don’t see the scheme things I saw with Daboll. Anyway, they just can’t turn the football over. If they clean that up they will be in the SuperBowl. 

I agree. Daboll may have had his share of WTF moments with play calling, but the play calling was creative and had purpose. I think the biggest difference in the 2 is Daboll has a much better feel for the game and what defenses are trying to do against them. Both come with experience, which Daboll has way more of.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.