Is it my imagination but has Cris Collinsworth improved this season?

Punching Bag

Clearly new team producer eliminated the constant references to PFF but not know if reason was PFF stopped giving kickbacks or there was enough of a rating drop Collingsworth was told to stop it.

In playoff game he gave a number of intelligent observations (may be feed from producer's staff) and did not bring up once any comparisons with T*m Br*dy.

It might be that Mike Tirico (one of the best broadcasters) is a better partner for him than Al Michaels was resulting him less making up stuff to fill space.

Edited by Limeaid

• Punching Bag changed the title to Is it my imagination but has Cris Collinsworth improved this season?
1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t know, but Tony Romo has gotten worse. It’s getting to the point where I really don’t like him doing the broadcast for our games. He talks too damn much you’re trying to focus on the game and he’s sitting there. Just yep yep yep

bingo  Sometimes a few seconds of silence is golden

• Like (+1) 1

Collinsworth is annoying because he doesn't put in the time. He's just gonna regurgitate the national talking points with no added insight on the matter. 

Romo has just become brutal. His 1st year was great, but now he's just rambling to fill time. We get none of that 1st year insight he was offering before. Just rambling garbage all the time. For all the complaints about CC, I cant recall him bothering me nearly as much as Romo does now. Honestly, anyone BUT Romo at this point, he's awful.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Collinsworth has bene the best color guy going for about a decade, maybe minus Romo's rookie year with CBS before they turned him into Phil Simms 2.0. 

The hate he gets on here has never been justified. He says good teams and good players are good. Oh the horror!

I have always disliked him because of his delivery (it’s an aesthetic thing for me), but I will confess that he’s been good this year.

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t know, but Tony Romo has gotten worse. It’s getting to the point where I really don’t like him doing the broadcast for our games. He talks too damn much you’re trying to focus on the game and he’s sitting there. Just yep yep yep

eh I don't know Jim!

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Collinsworth has bene the best color guy going for about a decade, maybe minus Romo's rookie year with CBS before they turned him into Phil Simms 2.0. 

The hate he gets on here has never been justified. He says good teams and good players are good. Oh the horror!

He has football guy voice. 

I can take him or leave him. Same goes for every color analyst out there. At this stage of my age and football experience, there is little to nothing that the Collinsworths and Romos of the world can add to my understanding of the game. What I can’t stand though, is the weather vane narratives throughout the broadcast. 

Collinsworth is capable of being a great color guy. Back when he started he wasn’t very good, but it seemed like he worked on his craft and got to be very insightful and enjoyable. And then he fell off a cliff into what we typically see. It has happened with Romo and others too. I think the dumbing down is intentional by the networks/league. Basically an effort to not talk over the heads of casual fans.

I’d love to have an alternate broadcast that was much more technical. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.