1/15/2023 Wildcard Weekend - Dolphins @ Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

5 hours ago, Baba Booey said:

Well, I guess we will agree to disagree my man!! But we will never win next week against Bengals, they are just better coached and have the better QB at this moment. 

Do you think Burrow played better then Allen today?  Did you watch the 2nd half of the Bengals/Ravens game? 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Do you think Burrow played better then Allen today?  Did you watch the 2nd half of the Bengals/Ravens game? 

I agree, I can't stand the fact QBs are punished for taking shots. I mean Trevor Lawrence only has a game this week because Herbert is incapable of taking shots.

In a perfect world they would only do it when needed, but that's not the way it goes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Baba Booey said:

No, but he had ball security. Didn’t put his defense in any bad position or give up a scoop and score!

The only time Allen was sloppy on "ball security" was the fumble. The pass to Beasley that was intercepted should have been caught or had a flag thrown for pass interference.  The deep shot to Brown that was picked saw Smoke completely confused about what he should do on a scramble drill.  Romo was clear that the pick was on the receiver there. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I agree, I can't stand the fact QBs are punished for taking shots. I mean Trevor Lawrence only has a game this week because Herbert is incapable of taking shots.

In a perfect world they would only do it when needed, but that's not the way it goes.

The Ravens play an extended 2 high vs the Bengals every games since Burrow went for 525 yards.  He is perfectly fine utilizing the short game.  If the Bengals get a lead do not be too concerned as Zac will go to conservative mode, like he did tonight with 9 minutes left in the 4th.   He keeps opponents in the game sometimes.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Bingo.  Herbert plays like some of these folks demand Allen should play.  And for a half the style points were piling up for the Chargers.  But in the end the Chargers are done and we advance with a game next week at home versus a very beatable Bengals team.

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The only time Allen was sloppy on "ball security" was the fumble. The pass to Beasley that was intercepted should have been caught or had a flag thrown for pass interference.  The deep shot to Brown that was picked saw Smoke completely confused about what he should do on a scramble drill.  Romo was clear that the pick was on the receiver there. 

Dude, we could go all night about this. I love Josh too, just think he needs to play better to get us to the Super Bowl. That’s it. 

5 minutes ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Unfortunately I think this game more than any game is where we are going to miss Von. You get pressure on Burrow and he looks average.  

Burrow went to the SB in his first full year being the most sacked QB in the history of football and still led the PFF QB grades.

I assume any QB is a bit worse with defenders in their face but Joe, Pat and Josh can all 3 handle it pretty well and none are average.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Baba Booey said:

Dude, we could go all night about this. I love Josh too, just think he needs to play better to get us to the Super Bowl. That’s it. 

You've been bashing Allen all over 2BD.  Of course he and the rest of the team need to play better to win a Super Bowl.  What we're arguing about is how well Allen played today. 

1 minute ago, Caesar said:

Burrow went to the SB in his first full year being the most sacked QB in the history of football and still led the PFF QB grades.

I assume any QB is a bit worse with defenders in their face but Joe, Pat and Josh can all 3 handle it pretty well and none are average.

I'm really curious what kind of shape your OLine is going to be in next week.

Could be a significant difference maker

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Caesar said:

The Ravens play an extended 2 high vs the Bengals every games since Burrow went for 525 yards.  He is perfectly fine utilizing the short game.  If the Bengals get a lead do not be too concerned as Zac will go to conservative mode, like he did tonight with 9 minutes left in the 4th.   He keeps opponents in the game sometimes.

Roman play calling was awful in the end.  Think Ravens defense is Bengals   kryptonite how well they play them. And Roman is everyone  kryptonite ( himself is worst). He did same thing for 49ers. Bill's struggled mainly short field to and sacks. Led to many points for the Fish.  Rooting for a good close game for everyone. 

Bill's adjust. Sometimes too slow but have to be quicker to adjust, Bengals seem to start off well.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

6 hours ago, Steptide said:

McDermott actually won a challenge today, so he had to offset that by calling absolutely terrible timeouts 

He needs to stop with the damn defensive timeouts...what the hell was he thinking?  Both my dog are traumatized listening to me scream at the TV over the dumb timeouts.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

We're #1 in dropped passes of any team coming into the playoffs & showed our talent in that skill set today. 

https://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

The Bills have a whopping 3 more drops than KC. 3. This stat gets presenting like the difference is 23 drops between Buffalo and other good offenses. 

Also all those teams have a high frequency passing offenses that will inevitably produce more drops.

Here are the top QB’s with the most drops:

1. Rodgers

2. Allen

3. Brady

4. Lawrence

5. Tua/Miami

6. Daniel Jones

7. Mahomes

8. Herbert

9. Burrow

10. Browns

8 are in the playoffs and 8 are likely in the top 10 in the league. Surely we need to work on drops. But the gap between Allen, Mahomes, Burrow, etc. isn’t stifling. It’s 3 total dropped passes over 16/17 weeks.  That’s one every 5 games. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, gordong said:

He needs to stop with the damn defensive timeouts...what the hell was he thinking?  Both my dog are traumatized listening to me scream at the TV over the dumb timeouts.

If he hadn’t called them and the Dolphins got easy yards or points because we were out of alignment, you’d be screaming at your TV for that reason so

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So in Dawkin’s post game presser, one of the reporters asked him how the third date went.

”Oh, you’re funny!….I’d say We knew exactly what was coming,  We took that lemon drop, we took that Shirley Temple, we threw them out the window and said “we don’t want no pieces, Go Home”

• Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

No Josh struggled.  He has not learned anything in 4 years.  His three TO's kept Miami in this game.  Although the one INT is iffy.  Those two balls should never have been thrown.

Lol one of those hit Beasley right in the chest,  one his offensive line blocked absolutely no one, and one looked like brown ran the wrong route/lost the football. 

Josh won that game for us…dolphins were jamming/holding all our underneath receivers all game forcing us to try to hit on those outside throws before their pass rush got home.  

if you didn’t want him taking outside shots in single coverage, we would’ve scored 0 points 

22 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

If he hadn’t called them and the Dolphins got easy yards or points because we were out of alignment, you’d be screaming at your TV for that reason so

Lol seriously…this is the ultimate example of hindsight is 20/20. Watching that ball fly towards a wide open jaylen waddle had me begging he called timeout 😂

that looked like a backbreaker from section 141 lol

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.